Amazing....Worth sharing !

weegee

Thai Lion Airlines have just quoted a return ticket for one person from Hatyai to BKK for less than 800 baht (Eight hundred).....it's booked 1 month in advance.

Now that has to be value for anyone wanting to fly within Thailand....Thought i would pass it on... How can they do it?

Has anyone heard anything negative regarding this carrier?....tee hee....do they exist even?

• Like 2

You get what you pay for.

If you want to travel for 300 baht PM me I will build you a beer crate with helium balloons and equip you with a Chinese hand fan.

helium is expensive......300 Baht no way....Maybe with hydrogen.

• Like 1

Hey....there are guys out there, that would be interested....

This was found by the Mrs's daughter, who is always searching for cheap flights.

I believe there is a catch.....They tell you what day you can fly and what time

But anyhow , I got a laugh out of the comments.

If you want to travel for 300 baht PM me I will build you a beer crate with helium balloons and equip you with a Chinese hand fan.

just done it, Boeing 737, 1 hour flight, polite staff, on time, ...compared to SRT: 20 hour journey, late, drunkards working the buffet car charging ridiculous prices for lousy food and instant coffee.

• Like 2

You darn right and in this case I want a cheap no frills one hour flight and this is what this is.

Would you be happier if you paid twice or three times as much for a one hour flight? What "frills" would you want to like to see for a one hour flight?

Sheesh . . . .

• Like 1

As for how can they do it? Bit difficult to explain in print, but I'll try.

They know what gross revenue they need to operate the flight at a profit. They also know, from past experience, how many seats are likely to sell. Lets say 70%

Say there's a 100 seats for the sake of an easy calculation x 70% = 70 seats. (obviously!)

Now take the gross revenue required & divide it by 70. That gives an average price per seat required.

Almost give say the first 25 seats away ...... it gets people talking just as the OP did and attracts others to that airline. Now increase the price more and more until departure day when people will be willing to pay well over that required average revenue per sold seat in order to get on that flight.

Different airlines have different ways of doing the calculations and the pricing structure is immensely complex, but the important bit is average price per occupied seat obtained.

Edited by Lancashirelad