Suthep announces Monday as day of final war

Lite Beer

Yellow?!

Yes, Monday is yellow in Thai culture - just in case you aren't aware of this fact.

Something to do with having a clue - Ok.

& the day to take delivery of your new car! Strange eh?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of Suthep's ridiculous ultimatums and brinksmanship. I had to stop reading all news about Thailand a month ago, shortly after I left the country. I usually spend part or all the winter there and have been going to Thailand since the early 90s. But I have grown so weary of this nonsense. I'm no fan of Yingluck and the red shirts really -- I think the whole political system is dysfunctional.

This last winter while I was in Thailand I lost some respect for the country and the people. To carry on like this in this way. It's so laughable how Thais do politics. I guess some expats learn to live with the uncertainty and the threat of disruption and violence. Unfortunately, I found it disturbing and very wearing after a while. Yes, I was in Bangkok for my whole stay. Maybe I need to toughen up.

I have my doubts if I will return next winter. I'm taking a wait and see approach. But given the intractability of the situation I don't think it's looking good for any kind of lasting and peaceful resolution. An election will only return the Pheua Thai back to power and lord knows we can't have that! :-)

As long as things remain with this level of contention, I would not want to buy any property in the country. It seems like a very risky investment.

Good luck to all the farangs who continue to make Thailand their home. Despite my misgivings, I still have a great fondness for Thai people. But they seriously need to look in the mirror.

Suthep has proven that he is totally unfit to be a leader of Thailand, even at a municipality level. It is people like him that Thailand needs to get rid of. There are idiots like him on both sides, and in power everywhere in Thailand, and that's why it is a failed state.

Edited by BestBitterPhuket
  • Like 1

"And this time I really, really mean it when I say it will be the final battle" screams Kuhn Suthep into the microphone! "Never mind the 120...er...121....well maybe 122 times that I said it before! This time it's for real!" says Kuhn Suthep, as the crowd slaps their hand clappers and blows their whistles into each others ears, never hearing what he says anyway. Thay are just doing what they are paid to do for the cameras just like Zombies! The political picture shown on TV here every day is very similar to KCTV (Pyongyang) broadcasts featuring the Poster Boy of Bad Hair days Kim Jong-un. Where ever he walks or goes everyone claps, screams, cries and jumps up and down. And he even claps for himself! I am in no way implying the political system in the LOS is similar to DPRK, I am just pointing out the way the pawns in the Chess game of Politics behave.

Estrada, on 01 May 2014 - 09:15, said:Estrada, on 01 May 2014 - 09:15, said:

I have been an advisor to the Democrat Party leaders in the past and also a friend of Suthep, I am therefore definitely not pro-red shirt.

The problem is that the PDRC have shot themselves in the foot by not allowing elections to take place at the time that the Democrats could have defeated the Government in free and fair elections. Instead 6 months on the Thai economy has been severely damaged, whilst the Government opposition declares its umpteenth final showdown.

At the start in November, the Democrats had gained so much popular support that according to a survey gave them 37.2% of the vote against Pheu Thai at 28.2%. Had the PDRC not prevented people from voting the Democrats could have won the election! The latest poll in March shows that the Government support is virtually unchanged, however the Democrats support has dropped severely to 20.3% against PT's 27%. The majority of Thai people do not want anymore final pushes, final battles, or a final war. What the majority of Thai people want is an end to the demonstrations by both parties and a democratically held election followed by reforms.

Excuses me, the Dems elected not to take part in Feb 2nd election, therefore, how could they have won? blink.png

Win cheesy.gif

You missed the point, had the Democrats taken part in the Feb 2nd Election they could have won according to the survey taken after the Government was forced to resign because of the demonstrations against the amnesty bill. I'll forgive you as you clearly do not have a grasp of the English language "Excuses Me".