4 Americans - notarizing passport

Hello,

I have been asked to notarize my passport ( all pages ) by the American Consulate. I know the notary fee is $50.00 in Bangkok, and I was wondering if that would cover only the first page and not the additional visa pages.

Has anyone had this done?

I have emailed the Consulate repeatedly with no answer. I have called them, but could only speak to a Thai volunteer, who said at first it was the whole passport, and then changed her opinion a minute later.

It would be far cheaper for me to lose my passport, pay for a new one, and have that notarized, then to pay $50 for each additional page (I'd assume they do 2 facing pages as one page)

Thanks

For every sheet of paper they do a certified copy stamp on it will be $50. You should be able to get 4 passport pages on one A4 sized sheet.

Might I ask who wants a certified copy of each page.your passport.

For most things done here when they ask for the copy to be certified they mean your signature and the date you signed it.

For every sheet of paper they do a certified copy stamp on it will be $50. You should be able to get 4 passport pages on one A4 sized sheet.

For most things done here when they ask for the copy to be certified they mean your signature and the date you signed it.

I'm reporting a birth abroad. So it is for Consulate in another country.

So the US gov't has shafted you. Not just you but everyone that uses the sevices. A notary back in the States $5 maximum. Most times you can get it free.

Normally they only need relavent pages though. Not blanks and not visas that are irrelevant for what you seek.

Edited by Gonsalviz

I'm reporting a birth abroad. So it is for Consulate in another country.

If it is for another US embassy or consulate they may do it for free and help you by scanning the pages and sending them by email to the other one

I'm an american and have used the US consulates several times to certify documents (including Bangkok). These were multipage U.S. based real estate contracts (7 or 8 pages). In all cases, the cost to me was only $50 total.

In each case, they bound the pages together including an additional page they used to apply their notary seal.

I suspect that the cost to you will only be $50 for your passport.

If you can ask the agency who wants it they may only need the ID page. Or maybe just the ID page and your current visa and entry stamp page.

I think that what you need would be called a"Certified Copy" rather than a notarized. Try calling Citizens services again and asking about a "Certified Copy" of your passport. I assume you were calling U.S. Citizen Services at 02-205-4049

I'm an american and have used the US consulates several times to certify documents (including Bangkok). These were multipage U.S. based real estate contracts (7 or 8 pages). In all cases, the cost to me was only $50 total.

In each case, they bound the pages together including an additional page they used to apply their notary seal.

I suspect that the cost to you will only be $50 for your passport.

I had to have two US real estate contracts notarised in the past three months. Each needed multiple notarised signatures and one cost me $350 and the other $400. I think I have funded their next party.