Flying from Thailand to UK, without credit card used to buy flight

I might have found a solution. There's an online Thai travel agency (saveflights) whose quoted prices are the same as the best deal I've found on Skyscanner for the flights i want.

They take payment by credit card but also by bank transfer. The bank transfer can be local or international, so in theory I can do the transfer from my bank in the UK. Then I just email them a copy of the pay-in slip, confirming payment. So that takes the credit card issue out of the equation and my GF will have her flight booked and get an e-ticket from the travel agency.

Unless I've missed something, that solves the problem right there.

The only question I have now is will the online travel agency accept my bank transfer for a flight on behalf of my GF (it will be her booking, although I'll make the booking, it'll be her details not mine)

I'll check with the online travel agency tomorrow.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I fly Arab Emirates , and I am asked to show my credit card.

But I also pay for Thai wife this way. she travels different times to me, no credit card .

I went to ask her now about it, she just shrugged her shoulders,

but then she once arrived here NZ with 50 kg of luggage, no surcharge

some people get away with anything .

• 3 weeks later...

Well I managed to book the flight with the Thai online agents and in the end used a credit card (they assure me there will be no credit card needed at checkin, just e-ticket and ID).

So that's great. Got return ticket for her, for less than £700. But now I've been trying to book flights for myself so that I can travel with my GF on the connecting flight to the UK from AMS, and on the first leg of return flight from UK to AMS).

KLM want just under £500 for a return flight between the UK and AMS, so that would cost be an extra 1,000 for the outbound and return journeys

I'm totally shocked by those prices. I was expecting something under £100 for a return flight between UK and AMS. (around £200 total)

And there's nothing I can do about it. I have to be on the same flights as my GF. £1000 !!!!!!! shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Edited by billybatson

Well I managed to book the flight with the Thai online agents and in the end used a credit card (they assure me there will be no credit card needed at checkin, just e-ticket and ID).

So that's great. Got return ticket for her, for less than £700. But now I've been trying to book flights for myself so that I can travel with my GF on the connecting flight to the UK from AMS, and on the first leg of return flight from UK to AMS).

KLM want just under £500 for a return flight between the UK and AMS, so that would cost be an extra 1,000 for the outbound and return journeys

I'm totally shocked by those prices. I was expecting something under £100 for a return flight between UK and AMS. (around £200 total)

And there's nothing I can do about it. I have to be on the same flights as my GF. £1000 !!!!!!! shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Do one of the budget carriers (Ryanair/Easyjet) not go to Amsterdam ?

Yes, there's plenty of other carriers for around £100, but my GF is booked on the KLM flights. sad.png

Unless the prices get drastically reduced over the next few day, I won't be flying. Just don't have that kind of money.