May 2, 201412 yr I have had a O visa & extension for many years and last year I received one from the UK, (done in 1 hour) this year I want somewhere closer to home, Does anyone know if they still do a yearly multi entry O visa in KL and what is the requirements needed. Has anyone done it recently? Of course I could do it here in Thailand but that can take between 30-60days. I do a lot of travelling, so would like to get one quickly as possible. Thanks for any help
May 2, 201412 yr What would your request for a non "O" multiple entry visa be based on ? Marriage or retirement ?
May 2, 201412 yr KL no longer does multiple entry non-o visas based upon marriage. The only confirmed nearby location doing the them is Savannakhet Laos. You will need your marriage certificate (plus copy), signed and dated copies or your wife's house book and ID card.. They do not ask for financial proof. Yo cannot get a multiple entry non-o visa within the country you can apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. When you apply for the extension you are given a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days after you apply or from the date your permit to stay ends dependent upon local immigration policy. You can get a re-entry permit for this period that would be valid up to the report back date if you need to travel.
May 2, 201412 yr Author Thepool- as the title suggests Marriage visa.thanks Ubon Joe- is that right, no non 0 visa extenstion based on marriage? I know someone who did it in December, must have changed, also my visa issued at Hull in the Uk is a 'non imm O multi entry' so I know they do them outside of Thailand.
May 2, 201412 yr Visas are never extended only a permit to stay can be extended. You can get a new visa at various embassies and consulates around the world. Multiple entry visas are not issued here in Thailand. The only visa you can get here is a special non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension of stay. As I said you can get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage at Savannakhet Laos or you can apply for an extension of stay at immigration.
Create an account or sign in to comment