Bus or Train to Kanchanaburi from Sukhothai

easiest-but not for the train-loving crowd so prevalent on this forum:

MINIbus to Bkk-MOChit-3 hrs-then big bus - (WINtour) about hourly to Sukh-5 hrs. 120/130+ 4/500 THB. No worry needed about advance booking and all that.

For the raillovers: book yourself on the minibus to Ayuttaya-any guesths knows- then train-check times-not that many fast ones daytime- to Phitsanuloke-walk or tuk it to either busstation or big road near temple-then local bus to Sukh. IF you als fancy Ayut-there may be-or not-or seasonal, the bekpek aimed (the normal Thai would be too frightening) minivan to Sukh. from there-next day.

for those fancy masochist ''living amongst the real local Thai"a series of local buses-3d cl, 2+3 seats and no AC-via Nakorn sawan-do not worry about not on the www-bus staff is quite used to stray farang and will point next connection.

Oh-tipical stuff that is in any guidebook. Is this www only for lazy people?

• Like 1

I like the Sukhothai to BKK bus, then change to another one there. Buses seem to run very frequently, and are quite cheap. I do try to avoid night buses though!

Thanks, that is great. Timescale? I have no idea as trains always get delayed..or the ones I have been in Bus to BKK how long and bus BKK to Kanchanaburi..how long?

Thanks in advance.

Love your quote btw!

Myself, I would take the train if one is to be had. The death rate by train travel is much less than by bus.

Agreed. But don't you think the night buses are the really bad ones? And of course the ones traveling in the mountains. There have been a few bus accidents between BKK and Kanchanaburi, but I believe it was those crazy Russian tourist buses.

There is a VIP double decker bus that runs from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi. Twice daily departing at 9am and 7pm. Cost around 600 baht, 10 hour trip.

Making stops at Lamphun, Lampang, Sop Prap, Thoen, Tak, Kamphaengphet, Nakhon Sawan and Suphanburi.

post-62796-0-31958000-1399103067_thumb.j

So you could bypass Bangkok altogether if you took a little trip to Tak or Kamphaengphet from Sukhothai.

• Like 1

mike2011, on 05 May 2014 - 13:26, said:mike2011, on 05 May 2014 - 13:26, said:

You could also take the bus to Suphanburi and avoid BKK. From there next bus towards Nakon Sawan.

But, Kanchanaburi from Sukhothai, as the OP asked, pray tell us all mike2011, why go back up north to Nakon Sawan.???????????????blink.png when you are in Suphanburi and catch a bus to Kan on the 324 road 100 kms from there. coffee1.gif

Win coffee1.gif

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1