Democrats to boycott July 20 poll again if Abhisit's proposal rejected

webfact

Finito!

This bunch of losers with the most hilariously misnamed political party in the history of the world are done.

Time for a new voice to rise up and the diaper wearing geriatric brigade to shuffle off into the pages of history where they belong.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shin clan will, of course, step aside for the good of the country, because "they don't want power, only peace". If you believe that, I have some real estate you may be interested in.

Get your real estate ready. From what I heard, Taksin and the Shin family is willing to step aside from politics if election will take place and the Dem participate. Now that is a real sacrifice, not the less than imporant sacrifice from smarty pants.

From what you heard? Was it in the bar or in a Gogo?

Well done Mark. One knows that elections cannot proceed fairly when Mark himself could not even attend an EC meeting without threats to his life. When the DEM's cannot safely lobby in the North, when leaders of the PTP, being accused terrorist, like Nattawutt do nothing to dissuade the violence against the people. Mark is a beacon of light in a dictatorial abyss that can see that elections are not the beginning, the middle and the end of democracy. It is but 1 small part of it. And like the voter fraud in parliament that they committed they know it can be manipulated. How can one "respect my vote" when the PTP manipulate the process themselves?

how does the PTP manipulate the process. They are simply guilty of winning.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is that a serious question ??

Can't the military be called out to protect voters and prevent the election from being ruined again by a few violent protesters? What happens to internal stability if these elections are annulled again because of a Democratic Party boycott? Wouldn't that be very damaging to internal security?

Yes of course the army could be called out, but as they are controlled by the establishment who don't want another election, because their favoured party would lose (again), they are unlikely to be called out.

The last few nonths dithering on rhe part of the establishment is because they are nervous of the reaction if they remove yet another elected government. Perhaps rhe army has calculated that they have insufficient (reliable) troops to control that reaction.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can't the military be called out to protect voters and prevent the election from being ruined again by a few violent protesters? What happens to internal stability if these elections are annulled again because of a Democratic Party boycott? Wouldn't that be very damaging to internal security?

Yes of course the army could be called out, but as they are controlled by the establishment who don't want another election, because their favoured party would lose (again), they are unlikely to be called out.

The last few nonths dithering on rhe part of the establishment is because they are nervous of the reaction if they remove yet another elected government. Perhaps rhe army has calculated that they have insufficient (reliable) troops to control that reaction.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But that's exactly my point. If the government knew there would be disruptions leading up to and around the elections they should have called out the army at the time. Made their case publicly. And then leave it up to the army to decide what do to. Had they refused and elections were disrupted they would have looked bad. So they might have made the decision to comply and there would be a government today.

Looking forward, I think whoever is running should call out the military to ensure that candidate registrations are protected and the polls are protected. If this next set of elections are again annulled because of protesters while the military stood by and did nothing, that would discredit the military even further. Knowing this, I hope the military would comply.

• Like 1

Well done Mark. One knows that elections cannot proceed fairly when Mark himself could not even attend an EC meeting without threats to his life. When the DEM's cannot safely lobby in the North, when leaders of the PTP, being accused terrorist, like Nattawutt do nothing to dissuade the violence against the people. Mark is a beacon of light in a dictatorial abyss that can see that elections are not the beginning, the middle and the end of democracy. It is but 1 small part of it. And like the voter fraud in parliament that they committed they know it can be manipulated. How can one "respect my vote" when the PTP manipulate the process themselves?

Elections can't proceed because Mark is a pussy?

It's a bit harsh to punish the entire electorate because of one man's cowardice.

If the Democrats can't campaign in the north it's their own fault.

You have to give respect to receive respect.

What on earth makes you think that Democrat politicians can sit in Bangkok and call the Northerners Red Buffalo who are dark skinned sub-humans too stupid to vote as well as conspire to keep all the wealth of the nation for themselves and their fellow Bankokians at the expense of the rest of the nation and then be given a heroes welcome when they venture north in search of votes.

The people of the north are not as stupid as the anti-democrats think - their voting history since 2001 proves that

As for the violence, it's rather obvious that attacking his own supporters was a failed Suthep strategy to create enough bloodshed to force the military to act. When it's all said and done, the most likely outcome is that the PDRC are the ones guilty of the overwhelming majority of the grenade attacks and the child deaths.

Mark is a loser (i.e. he has never won an election and never will)

Far from being a beacon, Mark is a lapdog of the dictators and he knows elections mean him and his kind never being in power so he does all he can to ensure Thailand is not a democracy and elections are never held. Elections are the very thing that give control of the county to the people - without elections the people are no more than slaves - this is the situation that mark wants and he should be condemned for it.

Thai elections are free and fair, one side just doesn't like the results, instead of reforming themselves they would rather trash the whole system, economy and country.

Luckily for all, their days of oppression are over.

The people have won and most would prefer Abhisit pack up and leave sooner rather than later - bum that he is.

Rather like being mauled by a dead sheep.

• Like 2

Guilty of voter fraud in parliament that was proven. And that was when they had the majority anyway and didn't need to commit voter fraud. Imagine when the result is in question.

Edited by djjamie

"Publicus" "Scamper" It's hardly surprising - as these discussions are still taking place between Abhisit and party leaders - that any final communique would be released between them before the fact, but when it is it will clearly be not only instantly mocked by Pheu Thai supporters but in fact will be an actual turning point as well, as this news story suggests - because the Democratic party this afternoon has now gone on record by announcing that unless some form of agreement is reached, they will boycott the election. The argument is exactly the same as it was on December 21 when the party boycotted the previous election. The argument is - nothing has changed. The reforms that needed to be addressed have not been addressed. Pheu Thai is operating as if nothing has changed since November 1 when they passed the amnesty bill at 4 in the morning and started a firestorm in the country. With the Yingluck administration as obstinate as ever - with Surapong and Chalerm as intimidating as ever, with the independent agencies and courts under intimidation, and with Thaksin's skype connection as alive and well as it ever was - absolutely nothing has changed. Why would the Democrats want to enable a quorum for an administration run like this - an administration being directed by a prime minister's brother - why would they possibly want to do that - why would they possibly want to enable an administration that is beset by scandal and criminal investigations ? Pheu Thai supporters will doubtless be delighted with the Democratic party and Abhisit's withdrawal - just as Pheu Thai undoubtedly was in December when they were already dreaming of sweeping every constituency in the country. Well, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

Big changes have occurred the past 180 or so days. So you need to scamper to get up to speed about the significant changes you and so many others around here have missed.

The biggest change of all is that the people reject the "reforms" of the feudalist Suthep and his still anonymous and reclusive cave men of the PDRC.

The people don't want a "People's Council" of still anonymous autocrat ammart appointed by Suthep and his PDRC to sit in absolute authority, answerable to no one except Suthep, to rule absolutely over the country for what looks more to be three years instead of 16 or so months. How quickly too three years can turn into five years, then ten years. Mostly fools or fascists ever believed Suthep and the PDRC and now mostly idiots or fascists continue to believe them.

The people have rejected an unelected National Assembly of exclusively "good people" In contrast to the bad people as defined by Suthep and his cave man PDRC, a National Assembly that would be appointed by Suthep and the Bangkok ammart to rule absolutely and, as sensible people know, indefinitely. The Thai people want to elect a democratically representative parliament chosen by one person one vote.

Another big change is that the military have found out they can't do another military mutiny coup d'état. The 2006 military mutiny coup was the most divisive event in the history of Thailand/Siam. Others in certain institutions of the government will also find out soon they too can't execute a judicial coup d'état without even more divisive and grave consequences occurring.

Another big change is that Suthep has lost whatever tiny credibility he once may have had on the heels of the massive amnesty protest. Yet another reality many obsessives can't accept is that amnesty is dead. Still another great change many can't cope with is that Abhisit has lost all credibility domestically and globally. Indeed, Abhisit knows the only way he can return as prime minister is as part of a dictatorship.

One thing that hasn't changed is that Asean and the democracies of the world continue to call for a peaceful and democratic resolution to the internal conflicts of Thailand. In stark contrast, fascists insisting on interposing a dictatorship on Thailand in the name of democracy later is neither peaceful nor is it democratic.

A big non-change is that Yingluck remains as prime minister and the government continues to sit. (That may well change but not without consequences.)

Seismic changes have occurred since December 1st, it's just that some people are brain dead about it.

---------;-----------------

One thing for sure The red shirt flag wavers are never short on their BS it just keeps coming and coming and coming

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Elections can't proceed because Mark is a pussy?

It's a bit harsh to punish the entire electorate because of one man's cowardice.

If the Democrats can't campaign in the north it's their own fault.

You have to give respect to receive respect.

What on earth makes you think that Democrat politicians can sit in Bangkok and call the Northerners Red Buffalo who are dark skinned sub-humans too stupid to vote as well as conspire to keep all the wealth of the nation for themselves and their fellow Bankokians at the expense of the rest of the nation and then be given a heroes welcome when they venture north in search of votes.

The people of the north are not as stupid as the anti-democrats think - their voting history since 2001 proves that

As for the violence, it's rather obvious that attacking his own supporters was a failed Suthep strategy to create enough bloodshed to force the military to act. When it's all said and done, the most likely outcome is that the PDRC are the ones guilty of the overwhelming majority of the grenade attacks and the child deaths.

Mark is a loser (i.e. he has never won an election and never will)

Far from being a beacon, Mark is a lapdog of the dictators and he knows elections mean him and his kind never being in power so he does all he can to ensure Thailand is not a democracy and elections are never held. Elections are the very thing that give control of the county to the people - without elections the people are no more than slaves - this is the situation that mark wants and he should be condemned for it.

Thai elections are free and fair, one side just doesn't like the results, instead of reforming themselves they would rather trash the whole system, economy and country.

Luckily for all, their days of oppression are over.

The people have won and most would prefer Abhisit pack up and leave sooner rather than later - bum that he is.

---------------------------

Man you gota love the smell of total B*LL SH*T in The morning !! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Guilty of voter fraud in parliament that was proven. And that was when they had the majority anyway and didn't need to commit voter fraud. Imagine when the result is in question.

Source? I'm curious.

Sounds like an ultimatum from a 6 year old boy. just when you thought the democrats couldn't get any more childish, they come out with this.

Actually, it sounds like an adult giving a bunch of unruly children a well deserved slap.

Yes, for a child it sounds like an adult....

Source? I'm curious.

did it when voting the make up of the senate and the loan bill.

Quote.."Time to listen to the will of the majority even if you don't like it accept it."

This is your quote ???? Why you ask the others to listen to the majority when you are a minority follower ?

Sounds like an ultimatum from a 6 year old boy. just when you thought the democrats couldn't get any more childish, they come out with this.

Actually, it sounds like an adult giving a bunch of unruly children a well deserved slap.

Yes, for a child it sounds like an adult....

It took you nearly three days to come up with that.

Surprised I didn't get a death threat written in crayon.