Best place in Asia to get a Multi-Entry Tourist Visa

Hi, I live in Singapore & there's a good chance that I'll be made redundant in 2-3 months so I'm looking to spend approx 6 months (1st 3 are gardening leave) in Thailand before moving back to the UK.

I need a multi-entry visa as I may need to fly back to the UK for interviews (or even 2-4 week consulting gigs) & to the Philippines to see the other half but I don't want to have to "Calendar Watch" & do 30 day visa runs (Plus I do want to set-up a Thai bank account, ideally with Citi as that's my bank here).

Can anybody recommend the best place in Asia to go to get a Multi-Entry tourist visa or do I need to go back to the UK to get one?

Thanks

JB

Tourist visas are not issued as multiple entry they are done by the number of entries which can be 1, 2 or 3. You get a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days for each entry. You can get a re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht at immigration that would keep your permit to stay valid,

I suggest you get a single entry before leaving Singapore. Then perhaps try to get a 3 entry while you are in the UK.

The consulate in Bali will do a 3 entry and you can get a 2 entry in Laos.

• Like 1

Thanks UbonJoe, I was considering a trip to Bali as well so might chance my arm there.

Failing that I'll get the single entry in Singapore & if I need to travel in the 1st 60-90 days (highly unlikely as I'm not allowed to do any work for 3 months or I forfeit my gardening leave) I'll look to get another (hopefully 3 entry) then.

Edited by JB300

'A gap in my vocabulary... Why is a 2- or 3-entry tourist visa not a "multiple-entry" tourist visa? (Not wanting to he a smart-@ss; 'figuring from the foregoing that the "multiple" in "multi-entry" must have some significance of which I'm unaware.)

Thanks Davidst01, I love Bali so any excuse to go there is good with me.

@Hawker, I confess I was looking for a visa that would let me come & go as I please, but it seems the best I can go for is a Triple-Entry visa.

Oh well, just need to explain to my Filipina Princess that it's going to be 3 months between visits ;)

Thanks again guys

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'A gap in my vocabulary... Why is a 2- or 3-entry tourist visa not a "multiple-entry" tourist visa? (Not wanting to he a smart-@ss; 'figuring from the foregoing that the "multiple" in "multi-entry" must have some significance of which I'm unaware.)

Multi = many times without restriction !

2 or 3 entries means exactly what is said -----------2 or 3 times NOT multi times !

Be aware; The Thai consulate Savannakhet (Laos) issues also triple entry tourist visa. But, you must enter before 90 days. If you plan to use the entire 90 days per entry (incl. 30 days extension) you only could use two of the three entry's.

Got it, thanks.

'Say I have a 2-entry tourist visa and, say, about 30d on my first entry I need to make a short trip out of the country and then come right back. Can I get a re-entry permit on my first tourist visa entry (before leaving Thailand) so that when I return I'm still on my first (of two) entries? (Understanding that the original 60d expiry would still apply.)

Got it, thanks.

'Say I have a 2-entry tourist visa and, say, about 30d on my first entry I need to make a short trip out of the country and then come right back. Can I get a re-entry permit on my first tourist visa entry (before leaving Thailand) so that when I return I'm still on my first (of two) entries? (Understanding that the original 60d expiry would still apply.)

No. As soon you leave the country and re-enter, you will use your second entry. Doesn't matter how many days you would have left....

Thanks Davidst01, I love Bali so any excuse to go there is good with me.

@Hawker, I confess I was looking for a visa that would let me come & go as I please, but it seems the best I can go for is a Triple-Entry visa.

Oh well, just need to explain to my Filipina Princess that it's going to be 3 months between visits wink.png

Thanks again guys

You will need to show a ticket out of the country for each entry to get the 3 entry visa in Bali. They can be 90 days apart to allow for the 30 day extension.

You could get a re-entry permit for your 60 day entries or the 30 day extension combined with the remainder of your 60 day entry. If you are flying from Bangkok you can get a re-entry permit at either of the airports 24 hours a day on departure.

You can contact member vongbali by PM if you have any questions about getting the visa in Bali because he works there.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Got it, thanks.

No. As soon you leave the country and re-enter, you will use your second entry. Doesn't matter how many days you would have left....

Totally false and misleading information . A re entry permit is available to anyone on a tourist visa !

To correct yet another piece of misinformation the nearest place that a triple entry tourist visa could be obtained within the region is BALI !

• Like 1

Good to know thepool. I tried to get a re-entry permit at the immigration in Jomtien a few years ago. They refuse it. I was on a double entry tourist visa, issued at Vientiane or Savannakhet...

Good to know thepool. I tried to get a re-entry permit at the immigration in Jomtien a few years ago. They refuse it. I was on a double entry tourist visa, issued at Vientiane or Savannakhet...

I have been suggesting that people get a re-entry permit for a tourist visa entry (even 2 or 3 entry visas) for some time.and I don't recall anybody coming back and saying it was refused.

Your refusal could of been a fluke or a just an inexperienced person that told you that at immigration.

I have been suggesting that people get a re-entry permit for a tourist visa entry (even 2 or 3 entry visas) for some time.and I don't recall anybody coming back and saying it was refused.

Your refusal could of been a fluke or a just an inexperienced person that told you that at immigration.

Or the immigration officer realizing that there was so little time left on the permit to stay that the 1ooo baht was not worth spending for a couple of days !

Got it, thanks.

Totally false and misleading information . A re entry permit is available to anyone on a tourist visa !

To correct yet another piece of misinformation the nearest place that a triple entry tourist visa could be obtained within the region is BALI !

Sorry, can I just clarify... Does that mean if I had a 60 day Single Entry Visa and needed to travel after (say) 10 days, I could get a re-entry permit to come back on the same Visa to use the remainder of the days?

Be aware; The Thai consulate Savannakhet (Laos) issues also triple entry tourist visa. But, you must enter before 90 days. If you plan to use the entire 90 days per entry (incl. 30 days extension) you only could use two of the three entry's.

"Be aware; The Thai consulate Savannakhet (Laos) issues also triple entry tourist visa"

Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I have only read of 3 entry TR in Bali, are they really available in Savannakhet?

"Be aware; The Thai consulate Savannakhet (Laos) issues also triple entry tourist visa"

Can anyone confirm that this is correct? I have only read of 3 entry TR in Bali, are they really available in Savannakhet?

They will issue them but they are worthless because they will only be valid for 90 days from the date of issue. It would just be a waste of 1000 baht for the 3rd entry unless you left and re-entered the country twice during the 90 days instead of getting the 30 day extension.

They will issue them but they are worthless because they will only be valid for 90 days from the date of issue. It would just be a waste of 1000 baht for the 3rd entry unless you left and re-entered the country twice during the 90 days instead of getting the 30 day extension.

When applying for the 3-entry, can you request/will they consider a longer validity window (say, up to 6mo)?

Savannakhet and Vientiane will not do any more that a 90 day validity.

Bali does them with a 6 month validity.

In Bali do you pay the fees in the local currency or USD?

Local currency.

• 1 month later...

Q: If you obtain the 30d extension on a tourist visa, can you then get a re-entry permit that will enable you to leave & return during that 30 days (understanding of course that the original expiration of the 30d extension would still apply)?

You can get a re-entry permit for the 30 day extension that would include the days remaining on your 60 day entry. For example if you had 20 days remaining on your 60 days when you applied for the extension the re-entry permit would allow you to re-enter the country for 50 days and get the remainder of that 50 days,

Thanks! Is there any limit to the number of re-entry permits on a single T visa "instance". (IOW, let's say I have a single-entry T visa. Can I obtain a re-entry permit, leave, re-enter using the permit, then obtain another re-entry permit, leave, re-enter, get the 30d extension and yet another re-entry permit, etc.....up to the original 60+30=90d expiration of the visa?) I do understand it's "one-at-a-time" of course.