Thais and their soapies

hellohello123

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the misfortune to see some of theses soaps,they all seem to be about hi so Thais ,screaming,hitting,schemeing and shooting each other,some of the acting is pathetic,and i think they are still using ketchup for blood,what i don't understand is the shouting and screaming as most Thai's consider this the height of bad manners,in two years here i think i have only seen two arguments were voices were raised,an then only a little,so i have a feeling it's like forbidden fruit,they can never really behave like this in real life so love to see it happen in the soaps,having said that all soaps everywhere are ridiculous,i remember a show in the uk Brookside,it was about a suburban cul de sac,which had a higher murder rate it seemed than Mexico.

• Like 1

Some funny answers!!!

Ok let me change the question slightly'' do Thai women, lets assume normal non bar girls, would they do the same thing if they were dating a Thai man

Easy to tell. If you see the woman in the lead with the man behind carrying a small dog with pink bows and their house is decorated in "Hello Kitty Modern", then yes and worse.

Some funny answers!!!

Ok let me change the question slightly'' do Thai women, lets assume normal non bar girls, would they do the same thing if they were dating a Thai man

I would say yes. Correct wife/mia noi behaviour has to be learnt somehow.

26. picking nose

27. picking teeth

28. farang

Some funny answers!!!

I would say yes. Correct wife/mia noi behaviour has to be learnt somehow.

26. picking nose

27. picking teeth

28. farang

28. A huge dog to indicate upward class mobility

29. Farang

• Like 1

My missus must be an odd one, she says that thai soapies and movies are, in her words, tingtong, stupid. She says Thais can not act and seems quite embarrassed by then. Me, I laugh at the poor quality acting and really, when it comes to comedy, the sound effects are so strange...worse than 'canned" laughter.

I have had the misfortune to see some of theses soaps,they all seem to be about hi so Thais ,screaming,hitting,schemeing and shooting each other,some of the acting is pathetic,and i think they are still using ketchup for blood,what i don't understand is the shouting and screaming as most Thai's consider this the height of bad manners,in two years here i think i have only seen two arguments were voices were raised,an then only a little,so i have a feeling it's like forbidden fruit,they can never really behave like this in real life so love to see it happen in the soaps,having said that all soaps everywhere are ridiculous,i remember a show in the uk Brookside,it was about a suburban cul de sac,which had a higher murder rate it seemed than Mexico.

Isn't that what "the bold nd the beautiful" is all about???

It's normal. We do not get Thai TV here so my lady watches her soaps through our "smart TV" - I feel like "stupid guy" for agreeing we buy it.

She spends at least 2 hours per day watching TV, that is on the days she works. On our days off, she can spend 9-10 hours a day watching. I had to upgrade our internet package from 100GB per month because she (mostly) was exceeding it.

I try to be the good BF, I offer to take her places, take her to lunch, go for walks. We eventually go most days, but usually too late (after the sun has gone down) as watching as much as humanly possible is very important to her. It is my little joke.. it does not bother me but it is not very constructive for her.

Here she is, getting upset with me and the 2-3hrs per day I spend analysing stock, currency and commodity movements.. I get the yell from upstairs if I am too slow to come to bed by 11pm/2am after my 9pm/12am finishes.. go figure :)

Isn't that what "the bold nd the beautiful" is all about???

Ha ha,yes i had the pleasure of seeing that show a couple of times,i heard some of the actors could not get too close to the hot studio lights for fear of parts of them melting.

My missus must be an odd one, she says that thai soapies and movies are, in her words, tingtong, stupid. She says Thais can not act and seems quite embarrassed by then. Me, I laugh at the poor quality acting and really, when it comes to comedy, the sound effects are so strange...worse than 'canned" laughter.

My Mrs the same. She says they are junk along with all the ghost stories.

There's no doubt the Thais love their soaps, my mrs seems to watch everyday for a couple of hours, I don't mind at all, I see it as her link to home, she watches Thai news too, but not interested in yellow / red shirt stuff. The acting in those soaps is hilarious, but I always admire the expensive houses they all seem filmed in !

Falangs love their soaps too, corrie, eastenders emmerdale etc, but not personally

I'm sure in the future when I'm retired in Thailand, I'll be glued to sky sports, BBC news etc !

Don't you guys get tired of repeating cliches from bar girl websites?

Don't you get tired of repeating cliches from Thai Visa?

It's not like I started it. You post an idea that you think is brand spanking new and I say it is a cliche.

Wouldn't it make sense to research a bit before posting something that has been posted a hundred times?

It is offensive to refer to all Thai women when the characteristic you are discussing is primarily of a prostitute in any country.

My wife took a day off of work last week to help me with some business in Bangkok. I said thank you and she said, "no need to thank me I'm your wife."

When my mother was very ill I spent my off time helping her in her home. My wife divorced me because she said my mother was more important to me than her. She was correct. smile.png My wife divorced me, my mother died and I came to Thailand. If my Thai wife occasionally puts her aged mother ahead of us I understand.

Chill man,Sunday roast,ok.

• Like 1

Some funny answers!!!

Have you ever been to Thailand ?

Soaps are juvenile programming...reflects upon the maturity of Thai culture...violence mimics Thai society...

US Box Office: USA Top 2 May 1, 2014

The Other Woman

After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly soon meets the wife he's been cheating on. And when yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on the three-timing SOB.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Now what were you saying about Thailand?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

When we were living together in China in 2011, there was a Thai soapie on one of the digital channels where all the women had big boobs, and they were shown to extreme with low cut tops, unbuttoned blouses or tight t-shirts. I can't remember the name of it, but I watched it every night!!w00t.gif

Soaps are not a Thai addiction they are worldwide addiction.

A tie between the UK and USA. Who would have thought it?

1 United Kingdom 28 hours per person per week

2 United States 28 hours per person per week

3 Italy 27 hours per person per week

4 Germany 23 hours per person per week

5 France 23 hours per person per week

6 Ireland 23 hours per person per week

7 Australia 22 hours per person per week

8 Netherlands 20 hours per person per week

9 Denmark 20 hours per person per week

10 Belgium 19 hours per person per week

11 Finland 18 hours per person per week

12 Norway 18 hours per person per week

13 Sweden 18 hours per person per week

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Media/Television-viewing

Or

According to Motorola's Mobility's Global 2010 Media Engagement Barometer study, American and Japanese viewers spend 21 hours per week watching television and video content. South Koreans watch the least TV--just 13 hours a week. The average amount of time spent watching TV each week around the world is 17 hours. Motorola said most television viewers watch scheduled programming, but 34 percent watch scheduled content in addition to online video and on-demand shows.

http://www.cnet.com/news/study-americans-japanese-watch-the-most-tv/

Or

nielsen-home-tv-index-region-august-2010

Hong Kong Heaviest TV-watching Market

Broken down by national market, Hong Kong has the highest global score on the home TV index (109), with Brazil, China and India all right behind (tied at 108). Other markets with a high TV index score include the Philippines (107), Italy (106) and five countries tied at 104: UAE, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela and Vietnam.

Five global markets average less than three hours of TV watching per day per person: Australia (2:59), Taiwan (2:41), China (2:36), Venezuela (2:35) and Thailand (2:11).

http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/television/latin-america-asia-pacific-watch-most-tv-13826/

I watch at least 60 hours of tv a week and not one single god damn soap, I loathe and despise the bloody things, not all tv is soaps you know....

I watch at least 60 hours of tv a week and not one single god damn soap, I loathe and despise the bloody things, not all tv is soaps you know....

A lot of Thais feel the same way. Thanks for posting.

Soaps are not a Thai addiction they are worldwide addiction.

A tie between the UK and USA. Who would have thought it?

1 United Kingdom 28 hours per person per week

2 United States 28 hours per person per week

3 Italy 27 hours per person per week

4 Germany 23 hours per person per week

5 France 23 hours per person per week

6 Ireland 23 hours per person per week

7 Australia 22 hours per person per week

8 Netherlands 20 hours per person per week

9 Denmark 20 hours per person per week

10 Belgium 19 hours per person per week

11 Finland 18 hours per person per week

12 Norway 18 hours per person per week

13 Sweden 18 hours per person per week

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Media/Television-viewing

Or

According to Motorola's Mobility's Global 2010 Media Engagement Barometer study, American and Japanese viewers spend 21 hours per week watching television and video content. South Koreans watch the least TV--just 13 hours a week. The average amount of time spent watching TV each week around the world is 17 hours. Motorola said most television viewers watch scheduled programming, but 34 percent watch scheduled content in addition to online video and on-demand shows.

http://www.cnet.com/news/study-americans-japanese-watch-the-most-tv/

Or

nielsen-home-tv-index-region-august-2010

Hong Kong Heaviest TV-watching Market

Broken down by national market, Hong Kong has the highest global score on the home TV index (109), with Brazil, China and India all right behind (tied at 108). Other markets with a high TV index score include the Philippines (107), Italy (106) and five countries tied at 104: UAE, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela and Vietnam.

Five global markets average less than three hours of TV watching per day per person: Australia (2:59), Taiwan (2:41), China (2:36), Venezuela (2:35) and Thailand (2:11).

http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/television/latin-america-asia-pacific-watch-most-tv-13826/

Got to be a scewwed survey. Seems it was a yank survey because only a yankee would forget/leave out Canada. Still embarrassed about getting their butts kicked in 1812 LOL

I think they are usually filmed using a mobile phone camera. They follow a similar plot as far as I can see, very much like the plot of a farang/Thai relationship. Boy and girl meet, father (usually a mafia connection) of the girl doesn't like it but when the boy is found to have lots of money then things are ok, to upset the status quo somebody gets killed in a car accident or shot, there is a very amateurish car chase, everybody cries and then it starts again. Riveting.

West African soaps are even worse than Thai soaps. The cameraman filming from another angle is regularly part of the drama and no cutting of scenes seems to take place. Better than "You've Been Framed" any day of the week.

You clearly have not been listening.

1. Dad

2. Mum

3. Family

4. Friends

5. Loan shark

6. Soaps/TV

7. Foreign thing.

7. Dog

8. Cat

9. Buffalo

10. Farang