Thailand ready to be production hub for electric appliances

Lite Beer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made the mistake of buying Thai made appliances. I bought them because they were significantly cheaper than the imported ones (that should have told me something), but every single appliance made in Thailand failed in months (not years). I opened them to try and repair them, but discovered very cheap quality components, often just kobbled together (rather than properly assembled).

Personally I will never buy 'Made in Thailand' again, unless it is from an international brand. And even then I will think twice.

• Like 2

this is a joke, right, I mean they cannot be serious, that would mean they actually have to do something and not use totally cheap,sh*tty components and then put them together right. I honestly doubt that would be possible here after seeing how everything electrical you buy(made in Thailand) falls to pieces or just stops working after a few months.

I have to agree with you 100%

Every appliance or gadget I have bought in Thailand is crap, breaks soon after purchase or 1 day after warranty expires.

Then try getting service from the same company ... lol .. not likely

Have I got a list for you. All broken within four years of purchase. Many within one year of purchase (note: multiple buys).

One a/c

three coffee makers

one rice maker

two DVD players

one electric stove top

one hot water heater

one TV

one laptop computer

two flashdrives

two printers

two fans

one wall clock

Never, ever, ever buy any Electrolux product.

Collection of pure junk. I now buy the cheapest appliance available, because they all seem to breakdown, whatever the supposed "quality" or price.

Hub of Garbage.

• Like 2

Quality is a word that is not fully understood by Thais. Most of the quality products I purchased in Thailand were from western or Japanese origin. China electronics are nowadays mostly also good quality, however not the cheap ones.

Thailand a hub for electronics production? Ever been to Chenzen, Guangzou or Shanghai? Maybe in 30 years Thailand can catch up as an electronics production hub, but then a lot has to change in the paradigm of product quality, education and doing business

So this is again, like we hear all the time, big talking and little acting. Typical Thai way.

Go way with yer Ted. Every company in Thailand has a huge ISO 14001 sign at the forefront of the building.. thus TOP QUALITY GUARANTEED NOWADAYS. ;)

As I listen to the quality of B. Streisand on a quiet Sunday eve. :)

Had a fan from sears that was bought probably about 1955 or so. Had a cast iron base, metal blade and a steel shrowd. The motor had 2 places to which oil was added from time to time. The fan wass made in america and was still working in 2004 when I moved over here.

At home here in Thailand my fans are good for maybe, 18 months. No was to oil the bearings.

• Like 1

Just another propaganda piece to make a director look good. Stay tuned. More to come as the political situation cools down. I am waiting for more HUB announcements. They say a hearty laugh or smile is good for your health.

• Like 1

Had a fan from sears that was bought probably about 1955 or so. Had a cast iron base, metal blade and a steel shrowd. The motor had 2 places to which oil was added from time to time. The fan wass made in america and was still working in 2004 when I moved over here.

At home here in Thailand my fans are good for maybe, 18 months. No was to oil the bearings.

No bearings either

this is a joke, right, I mean they cannot be serious, that would mean they actually have to do something and not use totally cheap,sh*tty components and then put them together right. I honestly doubt that would be possible here after seeing how everything electrical you buy(made in Thailand) falls to pieces or just stops working after a few months.

Makes China look like paradise, .....with whiter skin! biggrin.png

• Like 1

For Christ's sake , STOP USING THE WORD HUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only aspect of

Thailand that they could even remotely use the hub for would be prostitution.

I think that phrase is 'spinner'...central... coffee1.gif

Installed an electric gate on the property. Choice was between Italian, Thai & Chinese, priced from high to low. Went for the middle path Thai option hoping spares and services would be easier to obtain.

Never again!

When you hear the words "chaang khon nee, freemeue dee" run for the hills!

• Like 2

I have to agree with you 100%

Every appliance or gadget I have bought in Thailand is crap, breaks soon after purchase or 1 day after warranty expires.

Then try getting service from the same company ... lol .. not likely

Have I got a list for you. All broken within four years of purchase. Many within one year of purchase (note: multiple buys).

One a/c

three coffee makers

one rice maker

two DVD players

one electric stove top

one hot water heater

one TV

one laptop computer

two flashdrives

two printers

two fans

one wall clock

Never, ever, ever buy any Electrolux product.

Collection of pure junk. I now buy the cheapest appliance available, because they all seem to breakdown, whatever the supposed "quality" or price.

Hub of Garbage.

Of course you could just be a tad clumsy. smile.png

Makes China look like paradise, .....with whiter skin! biggrin.png

It is, and has some tits too! tongue.png

• Like 1

Agree the cheap shitty crap you buy made in Thailand is not worth your time.

• Like 1

My "Made in Thailand Appliance" experience

Bought a 2 burner induction cooktop by local company starting with letter F ending with letter A it is a Japanese sounding name but I dont know if management is japanese.

Fairly pricey cooktop.

While it worked it worked very well.

Problem is the flexible membrane that covers the microswitch wore out, cracked and led to liquid seeping down to electronics. Companr repaired it while still under warranty however they DID NOT replace the liquid proof cover. They said they did not have the spare part.

Anyway, the very same problem reoccurred due to a 50% repair that did not correct the root problem.

Initial email inquiries led to the company informing me it is not their product. After I showed old emails from them to prove it is their product they agreed it was their product.

Multiple emails in english and thai have been unanswered.

An analogy could be a boat sustaining a break in the hull leading to water damage in the engine. They fix the engine but leave the hole in the hull open.

• Like 1

Most appliances made today have components sourced from all over the world, much like cars. Just because the pieces are assembled in Thailand doesn't make them a Thai product. Fisher and Paykel, a reputable appliance manufacturer has their main regional white goods factory in Thailand and are very popular in Australia but if you open one up you will find very few components made in Thailand. As for '' they don't make them like they used to" comments, yes they do, but very very few people are willing to pay the price they command today. We are all conditioned to paying a price for a product based on the manufacturer putting it together in a low wage, third world country. That's why my factory and myself are in Thailand and not in Australia, where I would rather be.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is also tendency for a lot of Thai "manufacturers" to import very cheap Chinese products branded with the Thai company's name so they can make the customary Thai 100%+ profit margin. As there is no government requirement to state the country of manufacture on the goods, most people would assume it is made in Thailand and it may even be marked as such as no one is going to check.

Many times I have been deciding what appliance to buy when the helpful salesperson's comment is "this one better, not made in Thailand, made in Japan" (could be Korea).

On the other hand they also say "this one better, made in Thailand, not in China".

Most appliances made today have components sourced from all over the world, much like cars. Just because the pieces are assembled in Thailand doesn't make them a Thai product. Fisher and Paykel, a reputable appliance manufacturer has their main regional white goods factory in Thailand and are very popular in Australia but if you open one up you will find very few components made in Thailand. As for '' they don't make them like they used to" comments, yes they do, but very very few people are willing to pay the price they command today. We are all conditioned to paying a price for a product based on the manufacturer putting it together in a low wage, third world country. That's why my factory and myself are in Thailand and not in Australia, where I would rather be.

The thing is thaty those western companies move to third world countries to produce a below standard product, yet still charge western prices.

They don't move to these countries because they want to deliver similar product at a better price, they move there because they want to make more profit.

My "Made in Thailand Appliance" experience

Bought a 2 burner induction cooktop by local company starting with letter F ending with letter A it is a Japanese sounding name but I dont know if management is japanese.

Fairly pricey cooktop.

While it worked it worked very well.

Problem is the flexible membrane that covers the microswitch wore out, cracked and led to liquid seeping down to electronics. Companr repaired it while still under warranty however they DID NOT replace the liquid proof cover. They said they did not have the spare part.

Anyway, the very same problem reoccurred due to a 50% repair that did not correct the root problem.

Initial email inquiries led to the company informing me it is not their product. After I showed old emails from them to prove it is their product they agreed it was their product.

Multiple emails in english and thai have been unanswered.

An analogy could be a boat sustaining a break in the hull leading to water damage in the engine. They fix the engine but leave the hole in the hull open.

It's not a maintenance failure, it's a monetary success, for them. You have to come back to get fleeced yet again.

Maybe we need an 'FF' database somewhere. 'FF' = farang fookers biggrin.png

• Like 1