Fitting out a small shop in Kalasin

KawDang

My wife had a shelving salesman call by yesterday from Udon Thani to give her a quote for shelving, a fridge and a counter for a small convenience shop she is opening in her village.

Quote came in around 100k.

The fact said salesman was driving a new 3-series aroused my suspicion that this might not be the fairest price. Or he's just a successful guy of course & running a good business.

He mentioned he does a lot of similar fitouts for mia falang in Udon, Khon Kaen etc.

Can anyone suggest good places to look for cheap shop shelves, food displays, etc? Any second hand options?

We're heading off to Makro and Home Pro in KK to have a look now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There are plenty of small places selling shelving and displays in Kalasin, just take a drive round and you will see them - One I think I saw is on the 'songkran road' at the main road end, there are a few around.

With regards to chillers, I would contact the local beer/soft drinks wholesalers.

totster smile.png

Thanks Totster - that's good to know. Wife doesn't know Songkran Rd but we'll go and have a snoop around. Any more detail you can offer would be appreciated!

The actual name is Anankha Nak Road (I think), I called it 'Songkran Road' as it's the road where everyone celebrates Songkran (i.e procession of cars, lots of water throwing), I'm sure she will know it.

Just talked to a mate of mine about where he got his chillers - he bought his from a shop opposite the shell petrol station near the market in town for bt23,000. He has also seen a number of different sized chillers for sale outside the electronics shop next to Se-Ed books (and the coffee shop) which is opposite the market.

totster smile.png

Totser - much obliged - found a couple of places today near Big C.

Your mate's chiller price is a bit cheaper so I'll follow that up.

Every little counts;)

To the OP. I had opened a small shop in Sakon Nakhon for my BF. It was not a sucess. A lot of shelving and refrigerator available for sale. Let me know I will put you in contact with him. You will have to transport.

I'm afraid to let you know that I've never seen a successful business like that were they actually made money.

Most people in villages can't afford to buy something, then they get credit after credit and forget about paying that back.

• Like 1

I'm inclined to agree judging by the 'business plan'. But the overheads are zilch, I may come out of this with a spectacular beer fridge & I get to sharpen my paasaa Isaan behind the counter.

In return the locals get to learn the Kiwi word for credit...

• Like 1

I'm inclined to agree judging by the 'business plan'. But the overheads are zilch, I may come out of this with a spectacular beer fridge & I get to sharpen my paasaa Isaan behind the counter.

In return the locals get to learn the Kiwi word for credit...

I need to tell you something as a biker. Buy a big bike for that money and cruise through that country. you might find companionship and like it.

Or send it to my bank account. If you'd have to chose, what would your decision be? Lol-wai2.gif

• Like 1

I've seen so many foreigners trying to do the same business. Some of their wives tried to sell clothes, some made a village shop, etc...

But I haven't met anybody yet, who made money out of that business. Just my five baht to your idea.

I've seen so many foreigners trying to do the same business. Some of their wives tried to sell clothes, some made a village shop, etc...

But I haven't met anybody yet, who made money out of that business. Just my five baht to your idea.

He wasn't asking for your 5 baht..

totster smile.png

Edited by Totster

totster smile.png

OP was asking for advice and I gave him mine.

If you think you've got a personal problem with me, please feel free to page me.

Edited by lostinisaan

-Kaw Dang-

How far is the next LOTUS and BIG C whatever size?

How is the chance that one of the above opens a small branch nearby, or in next Amphoe?

How far is the Amphoe town-village, or possible location away?whistling.gif

totster smile.png

OP was asking for advice and I gave him mine.

If you think you've got a personal problem with me, please feel free to page me.

Well, he specifically asked advice regarding where to find shop fittings, however you decided to dispense your biker business advice (which most definitely wasn't asked for). In short I think your 'advice' was rude, you assume the OP is stupid and has not thought things through.

I certainly do not have any personal problems with you, how can I, we have never met (afaik). I'm sure you are a nice, well meaning person, which is lucky really as I have no idea how to page you.

totster :)

• Like 1

Next amphoe with Lotus express is 20 mins. Next possible target for a Lotus is 20 mins in the other direction.

OK, you will have counted already what the shop can turn around day by day

and what with a small margin on the sold products the profit could be. thumbsup.gif