Norwegian threatens to electrocute himself at Jomtien Restaurant

webfact

Norwegian threatens to electrocute himself at Jomtien Restaurant

norway-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police were called to a Restaurant and Guest House on Dongtan Beach, 100 meters from the Dongtan Police Station on Jomtien Beach, on Monday Night, to assist a Norwegian who was threatening to throw himself onto a transformer.

Pattaya Tourist Police Foreign Assistants were called in to negotiate with the Norwegian, Mr. Per StÅle Lund aged 37, who was standing on a 2nd floor flat roof at the location and was threatening to jump onto a transformer.

According to Khun Aton aged 33, the restaurant manager, Mr. Lund had earlier dined with his girlfriend and her friend. A heated argument took place and the two women left, leaving Mr. Lund alone. He ordered a steak and when the meal came he decided to self-harm with the sharp steak knife instead of eating the steak. Mr. Lund then ran up to the 2nd floor where he remained for 3 hours as Police negotiated with him to come off the roof.

The girlfriend and her friend returned back to the restaurant and told Police that the argument was over an ex-girlfriend of Mr. Lund who had returned to Pattaya to work. The current girlfriend assumed that Mr. Lund would return to her and an argument occurred because of this.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127188/norwegian-threatens-to-electrocute-himself-at-jomtien-restaurant/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-06

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet a comment of quality tourist ?

I was toying with that thought.

I always thought Scandinavian types were somewhat reserved. This guy is definitely a frustrated & tentative drama queen what with the steak knife and choosing a 2nd floor balcony from which to "end it all."

According to the news report - "Police revealed to us that on 4th May Mr. Lund had been involved in a drunken altercation at a Beer Bar in Jomtien and had been locked-up for a time so he could sober-up. He was released on Monday afternoon"

Like another poster said, if at age 37 I had looked like that, I'd have wanted to kill myself too.

He really should look into transforming himself into a kind and understanding chappy. Otherwise, the sparks could fly. Seems like he has a short fuse.

• Like 2

"the argument was over an ex-girlfriend of Mr. Lund who had returned to Pattaya The current girlfriend assumed that Mr. Lund would return to her and an argument occurred because of this"

It's real days of our lives stuff isn't it............ Don't they ever get tired of the Drama's