Thai PM Yingluck denies abuse of power in key legal challenge

webfact

I did nothing wrong, I did exactly what my brother told me to do so how can i be guilty, besides that I was elected and I am a good looking female, now, what was the question again, I keep forgetting everything.........clap2.gif

IMHO, it wasn't Thaksin behind this, directly anyway, I think it must had been his ex, Potjaman jockeying her brother into the Chief of Police place.

Potjaman work behind the scenes doesn't get the attention it should draw... but then again the last person that drew attention to her had a couple grenades delivered to her home and her mother's home shot up by automatic fire.

You mean after all these years, it will turn out that Thaksin himself was just another goon in a larger elite power struggle? I don't know that, but would not be too surprised. That would make Yingluck a puppet's puppet. I remember reading in earlier days about how Thaksin's early business ventures floundered and it was Potjaman that saved the day.

To a degree I agree with those that say "It's not all about Thaksin", it's the Shinawatra and Damapong clans that have been dragging this country down for years.

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Shinawatra mantra":

"I deny the allegation"

What she should do is when uncomfortable facts are presented to her is mirror the 1 principle supporter TVF members and simply say they are not facts. Or when presented with evidence denounce it and then ask for an overwhelming burden of proof right down to names and histories of the people, family statements (heay Haggis)…ohh and my favorite when one link shows the proof denounce that, call it fake and demand a link to 2 other sources. (heay Fab4)

Facts - The PTP's greatest enemy.

When the facts are presented, denounce them, deny them or call them fake facts.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Thai court to rule Wednesday on PM dismissal case

BANGKOK, May 6, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's Constitutional Court said Tuesday it will rule on May 7 on whether to dismiss Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra from office in an abuse of power case.

"The hearing is over... the court has decided to rule on May 7 at noon," court president Charoon Intachan said.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-06

Yippee

The end is nigh.

They surely can't go against the former 2 court results without drastically undermining them with a different ruling on the exact same case. That would cause a massive inter-judicial revolt... It would also create chaos as it will show that this government are 100% above the rule of law and will be the final destruction of so called democracy in Thailand.

There are millions willing to fight a ruling in favour of the Thaksin and nepotism.

I also hope that they don't engineer a compromise by chopping Yingluck but leaving the cabinet... That would leave an equal amount of acid in the stomach of the nation.

It will pave the way for either Surapong or Chalerm to be installed as PM and that will lead to a 'crackdown' on protesters which would possibly be worse than 2010. Which in my opinion will be a fast track to a coup or civil war.

It's all or nothing.... Upset the reds and there will likely be limited skirmishes, upset the other side and it could be all out war.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

she was busy with fighting the great flooding in 2011

cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>
cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

That reminds me, where the plod?

"... blamed former police chief Kowit Wattana as a person who transferred the former national security chief to inactive post while she was busy with fighting the great flooding in 2011... ... adding she replaced Thawil for the benefit of the country."

I though that k. Thawill was 'promoted' to the honorable position of Advisor to the PM and not just transferred to an inactive post?

BTW probably just me, but the logic of this below really escapes me.

"She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause."

and

"Yingluck insisted during testifying that no matter the Constitutional Court will rule that her premiership has ended, she and her cabinet which have lost cabinet status after dissolution of parliament will continue to perform duties until a new government is formed under Article 181 of the Constitution."

So, if her premiership has ended as if she died, what is she still doing strutting around as 'PM' ?

• Like 2

Yingluck blames Kowit in transferring Thawil

yingluck-19-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today blamed former police chief Kowit Wattana as a person who transferred the former national security chief to inactive post while she was busy with fighting the great flooding in 2011.

She testified to the Constitutional Court today to defend malfeasance and interference of official work involving the unlawful transfer of Mr Thawil Pliensri from the National Security Council to the prime minister’s office as advisor.

If found guilty, she will lose her premiership status and must step down.

In defending the transfer, Ms Yingluck said in a 8-point written statement that her premiership and the cabinet status have ended on the day when she dissolved Parliament. Therefore, she argued that her ended status could not be cited again for the Constitutional Court to rule if her status had been ended.

She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause.

She also said she had authority given by the law to transfer Mr Thawil and her act was not an interference as accused by the petitioner.

She also said the transfer was not solely decided by her but the entire cabinet and it was not meant to pave the easy for the appointment of Pol Gen Pliewphan Damapong to the Royal Thai Police chief as alleged.

The transfer of Pol Gen Vichien Photposri from Royal Thai Police chief to permanent secretary of Transport also was not to open the police chief seat for Pol Gen Pliewphan but merely a routine meeting to endorse the appointment without prior approaches.

Yingluck insisted during testifying that no matter the Constitutional Court will rule that her premiership has ended, she and her cabinet which have lost cabinet status after dissolution of parliament will continue to perform duties until a new government is formed under Article 181 of the Constitution.

During the testifying, Yingluck repeatedly claimed that the transfer was made by her deputy Pol Gen Kowit Wattana as she had designated him to undertake the job while she was busying herself helping people affected by the great flooding during the period.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-blames-kowit-transferring-thawil/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-05-06

It's an interesting argument that because she no longer is Prime Minister but is Caretaker Prime Minister she can longer be held responsible for actions taken as Prime Minister and that as Caretaker Prime Minister she is immune.

I do note that she stated that she will NOT step down, nor will her cabinet, no matter what the court decides.

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today blamed former police chief Kowit Wattana as a person who transferred the former national security chief to inactive post while she was busy with fighting the great flooding in 2011.

She testified to the Constitutional Court today to defend malfeasance and interference of official work involving the unlawful transfer of Mr Thawil Pliensri from the National Security Council to the prime minister’s office as advisor.

In defending the transfer, Ms Yingluck said in a 8-point written statement that her premiership and the cabinet status have ended on the day when she dissolved Parliament. Therefore, she argued that her ended status could not be cited again for the Constitutional Court to rule if her status had been ended.

She compared her ended status to a dead person who died of a certain cause and therefore that person could not be revived to die of another cause.

She also said she had authority given by the law to transfer Mr Thawil and her act was not an interference as accused by the petitioner.

She also said the transfer was not solely decided by her but the entire cabinet and it was not meant to pave the easy for the appointment of Pol Gen Pliewphan Damapong to the Royal Thai Police chief as alleged.

The transfer of Pol Gen Vichien Photposri from Royal Thai Police chief to permanent secretary of Transport also was not to open the police chief seat for Pol Gen Pliewphan but merely a routine meeting to endorse the appointment without prior approaches.

Yingluck insisted during testifying that no matter the Constitutional Court will rule that her premiership has ended, she and her cabinet which have lost cabinet status after dissolution of parliament will continue to perform duties until a new government is formed under Article 181 of the Constitution.

During the testifying, Yingluck repeatedly claimed that the transfer was made by her deputy Pol Gen Kowit Wattana as she had designated him to undertake the job while she was busying herself helping people affected by the great flooding during the period.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-blames-kowit-transferring-thawil/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-05-06

It's an interesting argument that because she no longer is Prime Minister but is Caretaker Prime Minister she can longer be held responsible for actions taken as Prime Minister and that as Caretaker Prime Minister she is immune.

I do note that she stated that she will NOT step down, nor will her cabinet, no matter what the court decides.

If the court tells she is out and she tells she is still caretaker PM, what to do?

Senate appointing a new PM and sending the letter to the King? Might be the right thing but would drag the royal family into politics which is surely not a good idea.

Having the boys in green talk to her? Than everyone with speak about a coup.

I'm wondering why I should suddenly be reminded of a quote by Stanley Baldwin (thanks to Rudyard Kipling!):-

"..............power without responsibility - the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages"

Edited by Always18
  • Like 2

Wow!!!!

She has publicly declared that she is going to refuse to leave office....

This could see her arrested along with the cabinet.

Please attempt this course of action,I am dying to see what happens..... MASSIVE contempt of the highest court in the land.

Prison awaits the lot of them, and will likely that the court will call on the army to arrest and detain them.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-05-06

But isn't that the same as saying that AV and ST are no longer guilty of murder???

No it doesn't even though they are NOT guilty, this would set an insane and illogical precedent that all you have to do is quit to make yourself innocent.

She is grasping at straws... none of her defense makes sense and to end it with.... 'we refuse to accept the ruling' is just a guide rule to everything this government stands and has always stood for.

If she's out of office tomorrow then the senate has to act promptly as there will be a power vacuum and I believe that Yingluck and her cabinet know this and is why she's stated they are going nowhere till the courts themselves replace the caretaker government.

If they find her guilty and decide to remove the entire cabinet along with her then they will be responsible to put in place a provisional government and I doubt that the NACC can do that, and therefore it will all go to the senate to decide who's going to lead Thailand out of the current impasse/mess it's in politically.

Regardless of who it will be they will have to talk to all political parties to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

• Like 2

Wow!!!!

Please attempt this course of action,I am dying to see what happens..... MASSIVE contempt of the highest court in the land.

Prison awaits the lot of them, and will likely that the court will call on the army to arrest and detain them.

Arrested by the police that Thaksin selected himself? It would need the military to arrest her.

She also said the transfer was not solely decided by her but the entire cabinet

Nice one Yingers..... you just threw your entire cabinet under a bus......

She has just reconfirmed that the cabinet has to be thrown out as well.

This is the person the red supporters think is a good choice of PM????

She should say that her brother in Dubai solely decided it, that they wouldn't be guilty AND they would tell the true.clap2.gif

And the red supporters would like it.

Thaksin thinks, PTP actstongue.png

If she's out of office tomorrow then the senate has to act promptly as there will be a power vacuum and I believe that Yingluck and her cabinet know this and is why she's stated they are going nowhere till the courts themselves replace the caretaker government.

If they find her guilty and decide to remove the entire cabinet along with her then they will be responsible to put in place a provisional government and I doubt that the NACC can do that, and therefore it will all go to the senate to decide who's going to lead Thailand out of the current impasse/mess it's in politically.

Regardless of who it will be they will have to talk to all political parties to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

Sorry Haggis, I have to pull you up on this one mate.

Have you got the facts at hand to back up your claims that there are "lunatic parts" in the UDD/PTP or are you just talking speculation and guessing??

I want evidence from physiologists, I want the names of every one you are talking about and the history of all these people. I want police reports of any lunatic behavior they have displayed before and statements from there parents on their upbringing.

It's fine if you're not able to provide this evidence, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat. wink.png

• Like 1

"In defending the transfer, Ms Yingluck said in a 8-point written statement that her premiership and the cabinet status have ended on the day when she dissolved Parliament. Therefore, she argued that her ended status could not be cited again for the Constitutional Court to rule if her status had been ended.
"

Clearly, the poor wench has flipped.....what utter gibberish! blink.png

Edit to add....... then, if her position has been terminated, why is she still trying to posture as Thailand's premier, whether "caretaker" or otherwise?

As for her other defense that she didn't remove anyone from office because she was too busy fighting the flood, this just confirms what a silly Knut she really is.

Edited by Rob8891

to avert any possible backlash from the lunatic parts of the UDD/PTP

Sorry Haggis, I have to pull you up on this one mate.

Have you got the facts at hand to back up your claims that there are "lunatic parts" in the UDD/PTP or are you just talking speculation and guessing??

I want evidence from physiologists, I want the names of every one you are talking about and the history of all these people. I want police reports of any lunatic behavior they have displayed before and statements from there parents on their upbringing.

It's fine if you're not able to provide this evidence, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat. wink.png

Well you defend the lunatics. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpppppppppppppswai2.gif

Thai court to rule Wednesday on PM dismissal case

So it's getting closer and closer and closer again on Wednesday,.... and next time it will get closer, and closer and closer the following week,... and even more closer the next few months...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Soooo close,.... but nothing will really happen.

Wanna bet?

If Yingluck is culpable, how does this culpability fall on the rest of the cabinet? It's ludicrous in any legal setting. Caretaker or not, if the PM is removed under such circumstances, then the succession provided in the Constitution should apply. Notwithstanding that, IMHO Thawil's only remedy should be for reinstatement and backpay.

Wow!!!!

Arrested by the police that Thaksin selected himself? It would need the military to arrest her.

Yep... I stated that it would likely be the army that has to arrest them and physically remove them, as the police would refuse.... we all know that.

The reds would probably call this a coup rather than the army reinforcing rule of law.

But anyway... If the court ruled that they all must leave office, I doubt that they would have the spines to defy them. They know it will be a disaster to even attempt it.

Good to hear that -one day after a massive earthquake that hit her main electoral base- she is mainly busy with these cases. I have not seen a word of empathy with the North, struck by a 6.2 disaster. Especially the poorer people suffered. Besides all the other structural damage. And very important is the defense. They said I did it (and have proof) but I swear, really really I did NOT.

• Like 1