Can anyone identify this amulet?!

Attol

I've found this in the ocean (you'll notice sand inside the plastic protective cover) - but I have no idea what type of Buddha it is, when it was made, nor of its significance. I really know nothing about identifying these amulets!

Can anyone expand on this image? Many thanks in advance!

post-113389-0-01021600-1399377175_thumb.

It is a Phra Luang Pu Thuad Amulet from Wat Chang Ha.

Get it dated, older amulets fashioned by Tim Dharmataro are very valuable.

Thank you for your reply - though, looking up the names you quote, the amulets made there are of the monk, while this is clearly a buddha. Is there anything on the image that "points to" Wat Chang Hai/Phra Luang Pu Thuad?

Thanks!

My barber is big on amulets. He has loads of magazines that seem to be of the same kind that coin collectors might buy. I assume all the different amulets are listed in them, possibly with prices and other key info. You might find one of those at a newsstand somewhere.

Edited by camerata
Some off-topic comments deleted

Thanks all for the reply -

Why not wear it? Isn't Buddha good to wear? Also, not sure how to verify the date/locale. I can't see anything that is similar online...!

Chompoon: I don't think it was thrown in the sea, I think the clasp broke. Not sure why you can't wear?

FatDrunkandStupid: I don't see 3 dots on the bottom of the base - I'll have to put up a better photo.

Edited by Attol

Get a strong light and shine it in to the bottom of the case. Can you see three small dots on the bottom of the buddha image along the front edge (front as in the face of the buddha)?

Please see note above

Dear OP,

I showed the picture u took to an old arjarn. He said it is not good for yourself to wear it. As said, amulets are usually thrown into the sea or brought to a temple when the owners did not want to own them anymore. Reason mainly they find 'something wrong or inauspicious' after wearing them.

Advice given, your choice.

Good luck:)

Dear OP,

I showed the picture u took to an old arjarn. He said it is not good for yourself to wear it. As said, amulets are usually thrown into the sea or brought to a temple when the owners did not want to own them anymore. Reason mainly they find 'something wrong or inauspicious' after wearing them.

Advice given, your choice.

Good luck:)

Okay, thanks for the input and advise.

I was told that it was a Chinnaraj.

It could also have fallen off while the owner was swimming. I have lost two amulets this way, one of them a rare old Luang Pho Sothorn given to me by a Thai family.

Thais consider it bad luck to wear an amulet belonging to someone else without their express permission.