Tips Needed For Best Place to Park For BTS Use

haveaniceday

I will be coming up one of the highways/motorways from Chonburi to go into Bangkok with a car load of folks. The BK destination is in the city close to a BTS station. I have been caught in some terrible traffic jams in Bangkok before and really don't like driving in the city.

My intention is to Drive and park and use the BTS. Possibly to the airport as parking is easy. Does anyone have any suggestions for this.

I would need to be in the city around 9am.

Thanks if anyone has any tips.

Think you've answered your own question

Airport carpark, walk into terminal, lift to basement, down to train

Probably the most painless and with the least driver/Bangkok traffic interface ;)

You can use Tesco lotus parking at On Nut. Most painless is the airport as said before. You could try Bitec. Not sure if they opened the connection to BTS yet though. Not sure if you go at the weekend or during the weekend. At the weekend you could as well drive to exit Sukhumvit, right in the center. Then you have 500m to Central or to different other partings. Not to be recommended on weekdays.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Four hours free at the Tesco-Lotus at Suk Soi 50, which is also the O-nut BTS station.

I come in from Thanyaburi via the Eastern Ring Road then the connecting expressway to the Ramintra-Ajnarong Expressway, off at Suk Soi 50, a left and a right into Lotus. Right handy.

Mac

Very good post. Yesterday I spent most of the day driving in and then out of Bangkok. Traffic was horrendous. GPS from Google maps was brilliant, even knew which of the 3 routes I could take to avoid heavy traffic, but still busy. Will be parking at the airport from now on and on the BTS.

The airport is one option but that is not BTS and I think there are only 2 interchanges.

I live in Chonburi and we go to Baring. Come on the Chonburi motorway towards Bangkok and when you get to Bitec come down to street level. Instead of turning towards Sukhumvit bear to the left and follow the skytrain route. You will pass Bang Na station and then come to Baring station, there is a large car park on the right hand side right alongside the BTS station, you should see it behind a line of pavement shops. The entrance is next to the filling station but I think you have to pass it and U turn back, it is then immediately after the filling station. Charges are reasonable, I think we were about 25 baht for 5/6 hours.

Airport by far the easiest way. 45 baht to Phaya Thai (90 if you use express), then 25-35 baht into town. I've used this way 76 times over the past 2 years, by far the most stress less!

Just be aware that the ARL Express to Phaya Thai NO LONGER RUNS since 14 April (suspended for 1 year).

http://srtet.co.th/en/index.html

For the OP, use this map if you are unfamiliar with the 3 metro systems in BKK, http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/02-route-current_new.aspx

Airport by far the easiest way. 45 baht to Phaya Thai (90 if you use express), then 25-35 baht into town. I've used this way 76 times over the past 2 years, by far the most stress less!

Just be aware that the ARL Express to Phaya Thai NO LONGER RUNS since 14 April (suspended for 1 year).

http://srtet.co.th/en/index.html

For the OP, use this map if you are unfamiliar with the 3 metro systems in BKK, http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/02-route-current_new.aspx

According to the website only the Express Train to Phaya Thai. To Makkasan is still business as usual. That means you would need to change to MRT and then to BTS. A bit more hassle but still possible.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In the countless times I've done this never once was the express really a valid option (due to timing) wait around some crazy length of time for the next express or just get on the next 'normal' one

Sit in it till the end o' the line (Phaya Tai) down the stairs & across to BTS

no problemo