Personal attack alarms

sungod

Pepper/CS spray, handbag sized for any female, will give them those extra few seconds to get away. Great for a taxi if she finds herself in a spot of trouble. Audible alarms will be ignored. Additionally the handbag sized tasers are effective but you need to be close in order to apply a shock. Both widely available all over Thailand.

Can you tell me where I can buy one of these pepper/cs sprays in Bangkok that are small enough to put in a ladies handbag. I'm going to the UK next week, and the area where I'm staying has a lot of trouble from Eastern European Immigrants.
Often use ladies handbags do you?

And then get done for carrying an offensive weapon ?

Use it and it is "assault with intent". Not a wise move.

Very funny, the streets of Glasgow are not like the streets of Bangkok or Pattaya where sober people can walk the streets in 99.9% safety. I do not care what UK law says, my own personal safety is far more important than any laws.

Wow, wish I was as hard as you mate!

The prisons are full of people who talk like that, the Police or court wont agree with you, but hey you know best.

Hahaha

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try opposite the Landmark Hotel between Soi 5 and 7 lots of stalls selling this gear. Two types available CS Gas which you shouldn't take to the UK or Pepper Spray.

If you can't get them there try the stalls around Silom/Patpong.

Thanks, I'll just go for the pepper spray then.

P if you get CS Gas spray it into their mouth. CS is best. If you get Pepper Spray, spray eyes and mouth. I wouldn't think you're going to hang around and make a Police report.

Try opposite the Landmark Hotel between Soi 5 and 7 lots of stalls selling this gear. Two types available CS Gas which you shouldn't take to the UK or Pepper Spray.

If you can't get them there try the stalls around Silom/Patpong.

Thanks, I'll just go for the pepper spray then.

P if you get CS Gas spray it into their mouth. CS is best. If you get Pepper Spray, spray eyes and mouth. I wouldn't think you're going to hang around and make a Police report.

Your right I won't, the last time I was in Scotland I was attacked by three Eastern European Immigrants, I just saw them coming at me and I ran. I was just walking down the street minding my own business.

Get caught carrying a pepper spray or CS gas in the UK and the chances are you'll do time. Get caught using it then you'll certainly go down. Zero tolerance in the UK for that sort of thing and guns.

Exactly ! But this guy thinks he's above the law, a self confessed "hardman". (who runs away).

• Like 1

Never seen any where i live, but there are methods to help you repel an attacker.A plastic pen can be made into a very sharp weapon,especialy to the eyes, but a finger can certainly help too

I am suprised that all the EX-SAS, Navy seal, and CIA members havent jumped in with their advice, ..rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Doubt they'd be effective unless they also contain pepper spray.

They sell some tear gas spray in Thailand. like a small can in military color of spray.

My wife bought it just for fun.

I sprayed it on my finger than sniffed at it. I wanted to tell that they cheated her....well before I could tell it took me.....that stuff is no fun.....Every women should have that in her bag.....

Well many women have something better. An old guy who has a diet heavy with sauerkraut, baked beans,pork sausage, beer, potato, and other items which produce a noxious fume called a fart. All the ladies have to do is turn their man around, point his bum in the right direction and voila, repellent gas.

It takes one to know one!!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You certianly need one if you post on this forum.

I've noticed a lot more personal attacks of late, too. As if a certain forum next door has closed and all those horrid trolls are purging here.

Thanks, the TV experts strike again!

You are right. I apologize. I have never seen them for sale in Thailand.

Because it is illegal to use a weapon to defend yourself in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You certianly need one if you post on this forum.

I've noticed a lot more personal attacks of late, too. As if a certain forum next door has closed and all those horrid trolls are purging here.

Thanks, the TV experts strike again!

You are right. I apologize. I have never seen them for sale in Thailand.

Because it is illegal to use a weapon to defend yourself in Thailand.

Even if the attacker has a weapon? I doubt it.

Never seen any where i live, but there are methods to help you repel an attacker.A plastic pen can be made into a very sharp weapon,especialy to the eyes, but a finger can certainly help too

Good idea Bernard, but like a knife it is only effective close up. I assume your from Scotland, I was staying in the Victoria Road area of Glasgow which is full of Eastern Europeans.

There were loads of old buildings in the surrounding area which were being renovated for more Eastern Europeans who are coming in.

Get caught carrying a pepper spray or CS gas in the UK and the chances are you'll do time. Get caught using it then you'll certainly go down. Zero tolerance in the UK for that sort of thing and guns.

I know that, but as I said, my life and well being is more important than any laws. I was talking to a guy in his sixties who walks with a walking stick, he told me he was attacked by two of them, and retaliated by hitting them with his walking stick. He was charged and fined 200 GBP.

Now there's an idea.

Good idea Bernard, but like a knife it is only effective close up. I assume your from Scotland, I was staying in the Victoria Road area of Glasgow which is full of Eastern Europeans.

There were loads of old buildings in the surrounding area which were being renovated for more Eastern Europeans who are coming in.

Not from Scotland Possum

I know that, but as I said, my life and well being is more important than any laws. I was talking to a guy in his sixties who walks with a walking stick, he told me he was attacked by two of them, and retaliated by hitting them with his walking stick. He was charged and fined 200 GBP.

Now there's an idea.

I used to have a walking stick, with a sword hidden inside the hollowed out stick.

Exactly ! But this guy thinks he's above the law, a self confessed "hardman". (who runs away).

Self confessed hard men?????? your the one who must be the hardman if you would not run away under these circumstances. Now don't bother me again, your ignored.

A handful of small change thrown very hard into somebodys face isn't very pleasant. Now, what was that trick with a rolled up newspaper and a matchbox some ex-SAS BS'er told me on Soi 6 one afternoon?

Rolled up newspapers were all the go in the 70,s at football matches.Cops never realised that one could be used as a weapon.

Marbles in a very small sock, packs a good punch too

• Like 1

Not from Scotland Possum

Fine mate, I just got that impression because of the first few words in your post. It's been a pleasure debating with you, hope to do so again.

Now there's an idea.

I used to have a walking stick, with a sword hidden inside the hollowed out stick.

No, I don't think I will do that.

Now there's an idea.

No, I don't think I will do that.

I never took the thing out, it actualy was left to me by my father in law, RIP.The sword wasnt that sharp, but enough to scare most people away hahahahahahah.Father in law went out most nights with it, pretending he had a limp, cheesy.gif

Not from Scotland Possum

Fine mate, I just got that impression because of the first few words in your post. It's been a pleasure debating with you, hope to do so again.

A pleasure mate

• Like 1

Now there's an idea.

Wasn't trying to argue with you but if you are caught with one then the likelihood is you'll go down. Your argument about self defence will go nowhere. Self defence is ok with your fist, boots etc but a knuckleduster, knife or spray is not acceptable. I'm guessing you could be American?

For those who are looking for that sort of thing then lower Sukhumvit has plenty of stalls but if customs find them on you when you get home be prepared for a heavy fine or even nick.

Now there's an idea.

Wasn't trying to argue with you but if you are caught with one then the likelihood is you'll go down. Your argument about self defence will go nowhere. Self defence is ok with your fist, boots etc but a knuckleduster, knife or spray is not acceptable. I'm guessing you could be American?

For those who are looking for that sort of thing then lower Sukhumvit has plenty of stalls but if customs find them on you when you get home be prepared for a heavy fine or even nick.

I'm not talking about the law here, and what you are saying is right. No, I am not American, I am Scottish. If anyone attacks you unprovoked, as far as I'm concerned, it is ok to use any weapon you can get your hands on.

• Like 1

Sprays and zappers and alarms can, and often do, aggravate the situation, as well as stand a chance of being used on the victim.

The very best repellant is for a woman to teach herself how to vomit.

No, I'm not kidding. And it can be learned with a bit of (unpleasant) practice. Only caveat is to have eaten something in the last few hours.

Nothing gets a guy's hands off a woman faster than her puke.

Anyway, no I don't know where to buy those here.

THIS is a helluva damned good advice !

Psychology of de-escalating an attack always emphatizes that you should refrain from using force, guns, knives, or whatever. Simply WAITING OUT the attack can put you into the TOP position after the attacks first blows have seasoned. At this moment, you bear the greatest advantage against the attacker. Nonwithstanding that he might be surprised and caught off attention because you initially did not defend yourself.

Bruce Lee : catch em at the moment when they think they caught you

• Like 1

Now there's an idea.

I'm not talking about the law here, and what you are saying is right. No, I am not American, I am Scottish. If anyone attacks you unprovoked, as far as I'm concerned, it is ok to use any weapon you can get your hands on.

I agree, especialy if he much bigger hahahah.

• Like 1

A handful of small change thrown very hard into somebodys face isn't very pleasant. Now, what was that trick with a rolled up newspaper and a matchbox some ex-SAS BS'er told me on Soi 6 one afternoon?

Rolled up newspapers were all the go in the 70,s at football matches.Cops never realised that one could be used as a weapon.

Marbles in a very small sock, packs a good punch too

Holy cow, my dead parrot used to carry self defense marbles in its tiny butt, and some under the wings, but when he flew into the blue and never returned, We knew it was about time for a new strategy. However the concept of carrying marbles for your self defense inside your cheek soon were abandoned.

Edited by crazygreg44