Chemicals to clean Aircon? Not foam, please

moonseeker

It's pretty cheap to get them professionally cleaned around ฿450 to ฿500 per unit ..complete strip down and high pressure clean I've tried cleaning them myself and never get the same results ...it pays for it's self in about 6 month because is works more efficiently (saves electricity)

• Like 1

If the outside unit (condenser ) is clogged with cooking grease it's very very difficult to get it clean without some chemical to help

I had a couple of " technicians" try to clean ours with toothbrush and high pressure jet not very clean.

they came back last time with a bottle of blue chemical ( stupidly didn't get the name of it maybe something alkaline) it cleaned up the aluminium fins very well, it also cleaned the paint off the kitchen cupboards clap2.gifsad.png so be carefull.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 5/7/2014 at 7:21 AM, banglay said:

It's pretty cheap to get them professionally cleaned around ฿450 to ฿500 per unit ..complete strip down and high pressure clean I've tried cleaning them myself and never get the same results ...it pays for it's self in about 6 month because is works more efficiently (saves electricity)

until the idiots spray water on the electronics...

I did that myself x 2 [emoji30] fist time new control board 2000 baht,second time changed blown components on control board with good ones from the first board + lots of swearing at myself for being such an idiot again !

1 hour ago, myjawe said:

In 12 yrs  and getting 5 units cleaned 2 times a year never had a problem .....you must have been lucky with your choice of contractors