What's Her Motive?

stevo

I love these kind of threads! :o

The closest that be skirted to the forbidden "Bar Girl Slagging" threads!

Brings out all the base feelings the holier than thou folks exhibit towards the fairer sex.

Keep 'em coming! :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these kind of threads!

Brings out all the base feelings the holier than thou folks exhibit towards the fairer sex.

Keep 'em coming!

:o:D

absolutely.

better not to bring up the question of the karaoke bar?? the people pleaser ?? the kidney infections and hospital bills ?? and wonder how she financed those trips to australia ??

leave those delicate questions for some other poster to pose.

Edited by taxexile

I love these kind of threads!

Keep 'em coming!

:o:D

absolutely.

better not mention the karaoke bar?? people pleaser ?? kidney infections and hospital bills ?? wonder how she financed those trips to australia ??

You're all being very cruel to a clearly hard-working woman . . .

Educational trips to Australia are de rigeur among people-pleasing karaoke virgins!

Luckily for the Op, however, is that her water buffalo are still healthy as that can cause all sorts of financial worry.

Stay tuned . . .

I love this place, I love how alot of posters post here, it always brings a smile to my face when I see people always putting the everyone down to make themselves feel better.

PS. Australia will win the world Cup

:D:D

absolutely.

better not to bring up the question of the karaoke bar?? the people pleaser ?? the kidney infections and hospital bills ?? and wonder how she financed those trips to australia ??

leave those delicate questions for some other poster to pose.

So then...

How did she please people in a karaoke bar..? Are the kidney problems from drinking heavily..? and how did she finace her trips to Australia ?

All important questions so that we can properly advise you on what that scheming little devil is up to

totster :o

OP- simply tell her that you're not willing to start a business and see what she does. If she gives you the boot than put it on and run. If she hangs around than start your business (if you want to).

Best advice so far.

Something that needs to be understood about most Thai women is that they never give you the boot. I have known perhaps one that did that; she married a scottish guy who took her away to scotland and thus had to leave her aussie bf (who she was cheating the scottish guy with). she actually finished the aussie guy but this is the only example I know of after 5 years in thailand of a thai girl finishing with a farang guy. Now almost every thai girl I have known (I have known hundreds), have had more than 1 bf at the same time. They like to keep all options open even if they are married. this goes doubly true for the really good looking ones. This is something that makes them very different from their farang girl counterparts. I am always amazed how some posters try and suggest that farang girls are identical in this behavior and gold digging to thai girls. nothing could be farther from the truth

to boon mee; I dont have a copy of "Money #1, Hello Hansum Man" with me at the moment so I dont have the author's name. This book gives outstanding insight into how most Thai girls think and act, not only bar girls. I gave away a copy to my son and my brother. It is a great gift you can give anyone you know and wish to help. I am forever thankful to my farang pal from Europe who lent me a copy 3 years back. That book helped me avoid typical mistakes made by too many farangs who come here. It can help you as well. I have managed to steer myself clear of fatal errors with this insight and have my guard up at all times. Those who advise the trust thing are just flat out wrong. Be careful out there

oh and you can grab a copy of that book at Tops in Pattaya and thank me later. It is mandatory reading for any farang in Thailand. If it wasn't for that book, who knows how many times I would have bee railroaded by now

This is my handbook I keep near me at all times

yeah , next to the box of tissues and the rubber glove.

ROFLMAO

To have to rely on that book is a little sad.

One has just to know his skewed source material - I like holidays in Pattaya but if one was their 100% of the time your world view may get a little skewed would it not?

Edited by Prakanong2005

OP- simply tell her that you're not willing to start a business and see what she does. If she gives you the boot than put it on and run. If she hangs around than start your business (if you want to).

Best advice so far.

Something that needs to be understood about most Thai women is that they never give you the boot. I have known perhaps one that did that; she married a scottish guy who took her away to scotland and thus had to leave her aussie bf (who she was cheating the scottish guy with). she actually finished the aussie guy but this is the only example I know of after 5 years in thailand of a thai girl finishing with a farang guy. Now almost every thai girl I have known (I have known hundreds), have had more than 1 bf at the same time. They like to keep all options open even if they are married. this goes doubly true for the really good looking ones. This is something that makes them very different from their farang girl counterparts. I am always amazed how some posters try and suggest that farang girls are identical in this behavior and gold digging to thai girls. nothing could be farther from the truth

to boon mee; I dont have a copy of "Money #1, Hello Hansum Man" with me at the moment so I dont have the author's name. This book gives outstanding insight into how most Thai girls think and act, not only bar girls. I gave away a copy to my son and my brother. It is a great gift you can give anyone you know and wish to help. I am forever thankful to my farang pal from Europe who lent me a copy 3 years back. That book helped me avoid typical mistakes made by too many farangs who come here. It can help you as well. I have managed to steer myself clear of fatal errors with this insight and have my guard up at all times. Those who advise the trust thing are just flat out wrong. Be careful out there

oh and you can grab a copy of that book at Tops in Pattaya and thank me later. It is mandatory reading for any farang in Thailand. If it wasn't for that book, who knows how many times I would have bee railroaded by now

WHAT??

Do you mostly know Thai bar girls??

Because I know 100's in sydney who only have 1 bf (one of them have 2 bf's) or no bf at all.

Oh but you live in pattaya right??

Something that needs to be understood about most Thai women is ............. blah blah blah........

Now almost every thai girl I have known (I have known hundreds), . :o:D ............... blah blah blah............for the really good looking ones........ "Money #1, Hello Hansum Man" dont have the author's name. .............This book gives outstanding insight ........... not only bar girls. ....................... It is a great gift ................... lent me a copy 3 years back ......................fatal errors...... with this insight and have my guard up at all times. ................. Be careful out there

and thank me later......... mandatory reading ............... If it wasn't for that book, who knows how many times ....blah blah blah.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

monochaser , you are a real comedian , your sweeping generalisations about thai women come from the dark and gloomy canyons of a very twisted psyche.

anybody who needs to carry around a sensationalist drivel filled book to tell them how to meet and deal with girls here is in great need of psychiatric help. i find the fact that you are quoting from this book as if it were some gospel like holy grail more than ample proof of your insanity.

i'm sure boon mee is just foaming at the pants in anticipation of receiving this sordid font of wisdom.

Best advice so far.

I never read the book, but probably should. I agree with your observations. There is a considerable difference in western vs. Thai environment. There is no doubt there are plenty of gold diggers worldwide, however in my country I speak the same languare and have the ability to evaluate who and what her family & friends are about,etc,etc. In Thailand this is difficult, unless you are fluent in Thai AND Lao. I think the Thai women, at least the young single ones, are just as likely to play the same game they accuse the Thai men of, ie having numerous partners of the opposite sex. The women usually all say they have no boyfriend, although a Gik does not count as a boyfriend and a "brother" does not count as a on-again, off-again husband.

Best advice so far.

I never read the book, but probably should. I agree with your observations. There is a considerable difference in western vs. Thai environment. There is no doubt there are plenty of gold diggers worldwide, however in my country I speak the same languare and have the ability to evaluate who and what her family & friends are about,etc,etc. In Thailand this is difficult, unless you are fluent in Thai AND Lao. I think the Thai women, at least the young single ones, are just as likely to play the same game they accuse the Thai men of, ie having numerous partners of the opposite sex. The women usually all say they have no boyfriend, although a Gik does not count as a boyfriend and a "brother" does not count as a on-again, off-again husband.

I think your absolutely wrong on this one. Or I guess I just know mostly really great Thai woman.

If your talking about the girls at the bar then your correct, but eneral bangkok girls are pretty good, but there will always be ones who play up anywhere in the world

Best advice so far.

Just a personal question, how many times have you been married??

I read the book and I took it as more of a laff than anything... are there a small % of ladies like described in the book, most certainly. BTW took me less than an hr to read - good comedy book and by all means read it for entertainment value and nothing more.

If one uses common sense than I do believe you will have nought to worry about in any relationship.

Mono - carry on leading the tissue brigade!!! :o

(She has travelled to Australia for work, & has been outside before)

I think her trips abroad are something you should concentrate on and quizz her about. If she is evasive, it may hide her true motives, or at the very least reveal that she is less than honest.

It costs a fair bit of money to go oversaeas, and it sems unlikely that she would have been able to finance these trips off her own bat. So where did the money come from?

Many Thai girls go to Australia as prostitutes or to find an Australian to marry. I think they get their visas in various ways, often through friends and/or families who already have established Thai-Australian residency in Australia. I know of Aussies who have met Thai prostitutes in Australia, and I know of several girls who have gone there to find husbands. I also know of girls who have gone there just for holdays with Aussie boy friends they have met in BKK. Sometimes it doesn't work out and they come home.

If she is totally open about her trips abroad, and her explanations make sense, then she may be genuine - but I'd almost bet you would be opening a can of worms.

Good luck :o

if the original poster had 'slight doubts' before posting , after reading through this thread the poor guy must be tearing his hair out by now.

from being a good friend of a hard working amiable girl with an engaging personality from a decent family , he has , in the space of a few hours become a sucker john being strung along by an international prostitute , seeking to open a string of karaoke joints , suffering from chronic urinary tract infections hunting for multiple husbands in a variety of locations.

a big thank you to all the helpful posters on thai visa for putting the posters mind at rest regarding this girl.

Edited by taxexile

if the original poster had 'slight doubts' before posting , after reading through this thread the poor guy must be tearing his hair out by now.

from being a good friend of a hard working amiable girl with an engaging personality from a decent family , he has , in the space of a few hours become a sucker john being strung along by an international prostitute , seeking to open a string of karaoke joints , suffering from chronic urinary tract infections hunting for multiple husbands in a variety of locations.

a big thank you to all the helpful posters on thai visa for putting the posters mind at rest regarding this girl.

Tax never a wiser word said!!! :o

Well, you need to get to know this girl over time.

Like you say, your not BF and GF so you can assess her without male hormones clouding your judgement too much.

My opinion is that some pretty heavywieght requests are being put your way already.

1 signing papers to go to USA

2 Expressing an interest is "sharing" a business

Although these 2 examples can be construed as fairly innocent and well intended, they are also extremely cliched requests that are much observed and derided on these pages.

Go carefully!

Tax never a wiser word said!!! :D

Yah hehe, don't take too seriously this forum, just to ease your mind go read a couple of posts on stickmanbangkok.com :D:o

Yah hehe, don't take too seriously this forum, just to ease your mind go read a couple of posts on stickmanbangkok.com :D:o

Think Monochaser is right to advise caution, after all we can only comment on our own experiences.

I think at 30 odd there is no hurry... just enjoy her company and see what develops if anything.

But do not, do not give any money as slow milking ends up the same as fast milking!!! if you see what I mean.

My thoughts exactly.

Trust your own instict. Concentrate on the relationship and put the business venture to one side for a while.

Edited by BlimeyCharlie

i'm sure boon mee is just foaming at the pants in anticipation of receiving this sordid font of wisdom.

Nah...'ol Mono just has to learn to suss out the opposite sex a little better.

So long as we don't delve to the Erco level slagging off Thai pooying, mai pen rai... :o

I love this place, I love how alot of posters post here, it always brings a smile to my face when I see people always putting the everyone down to make themselves feel better.

PS. Australia will win the world Cup

you need to be put down with that comment.......i hope your referring to the rugby world cup :o:D:D:D

You say you are not "BF & GF", I just wonder how she sees the relationship. Does she see it the same way, have you talked with her about it ?

She has understood this clearly, with phrases like, "I know we are not bf gf, but.." "I'm sure we will be bf gf someday.."

To answer some other questions posters have made:

- I helped her out with the trip to Australia for her job. ( have helped out a lot with $ )

- When I am with her, her phone never rings except for a few Thai friends / co-workers.

- I am always able to reach her at night.

- She does not always mention the buss idea, just sometimes..

- I do not regularly send her money, but I do handle everything when we stay together.

- I have met some of her friends, & they seem to be good people. ( she actually doesn't have too many friends).

- She is a hard worker with 2 jobs now.

- But, she does not seems to ask about my interests or passions, etc. like I do about her.

Well, I have decided to not fund anymore hospital visits, or substantial expenses of hers, for the time being. I will also let her know that I am not ready to make a leap into a buss. with anybody, let alone - myself. In addition, I will not sign any papers for her to go to the U.S. because I need to know her better, & am not ready to take on supporting her in the U.S. It may sound cold, but it's all true & it's the smart thing to do. I am wwwaaayyyyy too nice a guy sometimes. If she doesn't understand this...then she will be free to make her move, whatever that may be. But, I have a feeling that she won't be thrown off by this.

( She is also a smart girl, but I am also no dummy..) I don't mean to sound so pesemistic, but I am really on the fence about this. I know I will get opposing advice from others, but just curious what it sounds like..

I agree that taking things slower is best, & to keep my gaurd up too.

I didn't mention an experience 2 years before, during my previous stay in Thailand when I stayed with ( a different Thai girl; one I knew before the one I have talked about in this post. We will call her "Jane".) for 3 months every day & night. After I went back to the U.S. I sent Jane money for a $900 plane ticket to see me. She never bought a ticket or had the intention of visiting me. So, I guess you could say I got burned before, which makes my shields stronger. (Scotty, from Star Trek would be jealous.) :D

But, I do understand that there are great women in Thailand too. I have met some who just really want to find somebody faithful & good. I have also met many broken-hearted women here, which is very sad. Their boyfriend finds a new girl, etc.. As for "gold-diggers"; the U.S. is certainly NOT exempt from them. GEEEZZZZ.. :o

• 4 months later...

Hang on a minute !!!!

She is not your girlfriend?

you pay her medical bills?

Kidney problems? (normally a sign of HIV).

she wants you to help her to go to the US?

Me thinks you is a bit silly.

How do you think her dad is going to pay you back if you ask him too? And if he is able to pay you back at all why didn't he just pay her bills in the first place?

Money Number One was written about you my friend !!!

Of course she wants to go into business with you in BKK, she has hit the bloody jackpot here. It will be interesting to see what involvement and split your end would be in this venture

Get rid of her before she bleeds you dry !!!