Non Immigrant O Expiring. Extension based on Marraige

My non immigration O visa is expiring soon. What are my options for an extension of stay based on marraige to a Thai? I dont have a work permit, I work offshore and I work 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off. I'm paid monthly into my UK account and then transfer a large sum into my Thai account every month (more than 40,000 THB). Can I use my UK account for proof of income which is more than 40,000 THB a month, or can I use my Thai account?

You will need to get an income letter from the UK embassy to prove you income. You will only need to show them print outs of your account in the UK showing your income going into the bank.

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries from your visa. You will get a 30 day under consideration stamp after you apply before you get your final stamp.

Applying for your extension will require careful planning to fit it into 6 week rotation.

It might be best to apply for another multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos.

• 1 month later...

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries from your visa.

Dear ubonjoe,

when applying for the extension based on marriage I can choose any day within the last 30 days of my visa validity or it has be precisely 30 days before it expires? Just got my single entry non-o and need time to open a bank account and deposit the money. Thank you.

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries from your visa.

Dear ubonjoe,

when applying for the extension based on marriage I can choose any day within the last 30 days of my visa validity or it has be precisely 30 days before it expires? Just got my single entry non-o and need time to open a bank account and deposit the money. Thank you.

I am not UJ, but you can apply any day within the last 30 days. However don't leave it till the last day in case of some missing documents thumbsup.gif

Edited by MJCM

Dear ubonjoe,

You an do it any time during those 30 days up to the date your permit to stay ends.