Bad experience at Phuket Airport today

simon43

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon used land routes, then an air route. If you use air-routes you can come and go as many times as you want.

This was told to me by immigration. If this wasn't so, the article wouldn't be only about Ranong, but, cover the airports as well.

Simon used land routes, then an air route. If you use air-routes you can come and go as many times as you want.

This was told to me by immigration. If this wasn't so, the article wouldn't be only about Ranong, but, cover the airports as well.

True, landroutes for sure, air routes I am not convinced yet considering the other, new article. If possible via air now I think that will change as well, but that is just my expectation. And don't forget the immigration officer at the airport gave Simon a hard time after 3 back to back visa exempt land entries, even though he was going to enter via air this time.

True, landroutes for sure, air routes I am not convinced yet considering the other, new article. If possible via air now I think that will change as well, but that is just my expectation. And don't forget the immigration officer at the airport gave Simon a hard time after 3 back to back visa exempt land entries, even though he was going to enter via air this time.

I was told yesterday at phuket airport I could not fly in next month without a visa as this was my 3rd 30 day VE, they didn't mention anything about land or air they just said '3 maximum' (my first was ranong, second 2 were air). Karen maybe right and if all 3 were via air they would not have mentioned it, not that that makes any sense haha

• Like 1

I think you may have been misinformed there KB as I said in my previous post I was pulled up on this rule

not long after it came in and all my entries were by air routes, looks very much like they are tightening the

loose noose as they do from time to time. whistling.gif hmmm

I think you may have been misinformed there KB as I said in my previous post I was pulled up on this rule

not long after it came in and all my entries were by air routes, looks very much like they are tightening the

loose noose as they do from time to time. whistling.gif hmmm

I am very interested to see what happens when you arrive in Phuket. I know of a few cases now were people have been blacklisted in the last few days for too many back to back tourist visas or visa exempt stamps and were denied re-entry. The explanantion given one Russian girl I know who was working illegally in the hotel industry while on several consecutive tourist visas was "I see no reason for you to enter Thailand." These people are now are trying to sort out how to get all their stuff back or sold which is here in Thailand. A nightmare.

So it sounds like the purpose of the crackdown is working if the Russian lawbreaker has been thwarted. No?

What was this lapel pin that is illegal for foreigners to wear?

EB, that's an interesting topic for general discussion - I will open a new thread in the GHeneral forum.

Simon

The OP was clearly pushing the rules and was questioned for this,nothing very strange to me.

He mentioned that he works as a Police Volunteer, my understanding is that at least you need to have a long stay visa/extension for this?

At least the volunteers at the immigration department need to have a long stay visa/extension.

Also the 60 day extension based in thai child / wife can be (officially) done once a year but some officers decide sometime different.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by merijn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you post a picture of the notice about the buddha tattoos? also is it now actually being enforced?

Incidentally I also had a bad experience at Phuket immigration once on a permeant residency visa, receiving the 7day get out stamp after 14 years.All down to a new passport, and the old one (full and holding visa) having the corner cut off.They simply wouldn't accept that I would fly into Phuket to then on to Samui.

Can you post a picture of the notice about the buddha tattoos? also is it now actually being enforced?

I don't have a p[picture but at BKK airport when you pass the green nothing to declare channel there is a big sign (cardbox stand ) which mentions the notice about Buddha tattoos.

Simon, judging by your previous posts you own many successful hotels in Phuket so you must employ many Thai nationals right? So why don't you just get yourself a proper work visa?

I own/built several small hotels. All employees are my Thai family members, (employed through several different entities ==> sole trader, limited partnership, according to which hotel and ex-wife is involved!).

For my latest little hotel, I will be working as manager and the B visa paperwork etc is currently being prepared. But it will not be ready before my next visa run is due. So this time I will get an ED visa for 90 days, learn some more conversational Mandarin, and then finally get the B visa and apply for my WP after that short, educational break.

BTW, I really have no interest in 'working' as such in my hotels, but I fear that chatting with guests could be construed as work. So I want the B visa and WP to ensure that I will not be 'disturbed' by zealous immigration staff....

Simon, judging by your previous posts you own many successful hotels in Phuket so you must employ many Thai nationals right? So why don't you just get yourself a proper work visa?

I own/built several small hotels. All employees are my Thai family members, (employed through several different entities ==> sole trader, limited partnership, according to which hotel and ex-wife is involved!).

For my latest little hotel, I will be working as manager and the B visa paperwork etc is currently being prepared. But it will not be ready before my next visa run is due. So this time I will get an ED visa for 90 days, learn some more conversational Mandarin, and then finally get the B visa and apply for my WP after that short, educational break.

BTW, I really have no interest in 'working' as such in my hotels, but I fear that chatting with guests could be construed as work. So I want the B visa and WP to ensure that I will not be 'disturbed' by zealous immigration staff....

Be sure to remember not to carry your customer's bags to their room. biggrin.png

• Like 1