Where To Buy Nokia 770 Internet Tablet

dekka007

I brought mine into the Siam Paragon (BKK) Nokia shop a couple months ago, and the staff was pretty confused (wanted a bluetooth keyboard for it).

I was back there this week and thought I saw them on display out of the corner of my eye, although the last I heard was that they weren't available here.

It's a fun gadget, but I would lump it into the "beta" category. The 2006 OS upgrade (free) should be pretty interesting in a few weeks, but everything you put on it between now and the (application-wise) will have to be junked.

Thanks I'll go have a look in the nokia shop in paragon tomorrow.

I see from the website that the beta for 2006 upgrade came out 2 days ago and people say it is a lot better.

Cheers

D.

I brought mine into the Siam Paragon (BKK) Nokia shop a couple months ago, and the staff was pretty confused (wanted a bluetooth keyboard for it).

I was back there this week and thought I saw them on display out of the corner of my eye, although the last I heard was that they weren't available here.

It's a fun gadget, but I would lump it into the "beta" category. The 2006 OS upgrade (free) should be pretty interesting in a few weeks, but everything you put on it between now and the (application-wise) will have to be junked.

No Joy on this one product is not available in Thailand......typical.

I suppose there is little hope of me finding a OQO 1+ also in bangkok - www.oqo.com

Thanks I'll go have a look in the nokia shop in paragon tomorrow.

I see from the website that the beta for 2006 upgrade came out 2 days ago and people say it is a lot better.

Cheers

D.

According to press reports and Nokia's website(s), it seems like this product has only really been launched in Europe and North America? There are a few available on eBay, and from tigerdirect.com . I can't really figure out which group within Nokia (other than the Multimedia group, and not Mobile Phones or Networks) developed this but based on a little research I'd say this is a marginal product with not a lot of support from within the company, so it will just pass away. Maybe best to avoid it?

There's a lot of OQO model 01's on eBay.

There does seem to be a lot of support for the product including independent websites etc:

http://www.internettablettalk.com

and it is just about to be updated. I think NOKIA are thinking along the lines of VOIP with the introduction of this type of product.

The whole concept of it is pretty awesome having a tiny web browser / email client in your pocket at all times.

I know it can already be done on a PDA but the screen on the 770 is simply awesome for viewing webpages etc.

Always a bit put off from ebay OQO's seems to be a lot of scam auctions with these for some reason.

Cheers

According to press reports and Nokia's website(s), it seems like this product has only really been launched in Europe and North America? There are a few available on eBay, and from tigerdirect.com . I can't really figure out which group within Nokia (other than the Multimedia group, and not Mobile Phones or Networks) developed this but based on a little research I'd say this is a marginal product with not a lot of support from within the company, so it will just pass away. Maybe best to avoid it?

There's a lot of OQO model 01's on eBay.

Don't know, but looks very cool!

Guys, what is your favorite site or newsletter for keeping up with new toys like this on the market - I don't mean in development which so often turns out to be vapourware, but actually available in the shops?

Peter

Anyone found a shop selling the Nokia 770 internet tablet in Bangkok. I have had a quick look in MBK and pantip plaza but did not come across any.

Anyone know a store that has them?

here is the link for the device:

http://www.nokiausa.com/770