How Yingluck and her 2011 Cabinet were found guilty of abuse of power

webfact

Pathetic!

The world is laughing at the elites and the low, low levels they have had to stoop to because their extreme unpopularity prohibits them from legitimately coming to power via elections.

Sick denial

Denial by YOU

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he isn't in the Shin Familiy, he's an ex-brother in law, which is not a relative. He wasn't 'family' ever. Family is blood line relatives.

He wasn't either family or a relative at the time of the transfer either.

Then I stand corrected and admit I didn't do my homework. I erred. Apologies.

I can only imagine the poor 'ex brother-in-law's face when Thaksin told him "You were never family!!"

Family is blood line relatives? Should I now refer to my family as 'my family and my wife'? My wife does not share the same blood line as me. Are you from Somerset, perchance?

Could the next prime minister employ his/her wife or husband as deputy prime minister etc and say "They ain't the same blood' Seems kinda harsh on any future prime minister who indulges in incest.

Blood related, brother-in-law, ex brother-in-law etc - It's still nepotism in this case. "Your honour, he's actually my 'ex brother-in-law', and it's merely coincidence that he's the best man for this position, and it's also a coincidence that this kind of coincidence has happened before more than once"

He also didn't marry into the Shin family, his sister divorced in 2008.

He was a police chief, so he's a good choice for that role, as to whether he's the best choice, that's a judgement for her to make. As the elected Prime Minister, we elected her to run the country and transferring civil servants at his pay grade is one of her jobs.

Yes, ex brother-in-law. And I'm sure he was made a police chief at the time because he was the best man for the job. Naivety never wins arguments as a technicality.

Pathetic!

The world is laughing at the elites and the low, low levels they have had to stoop to because their extreme unpopularity prohibits them from legitimately coming to power via elections.

Yeah, you have to be in power to pilfer the countries monies to buy the votes so you can stay in power to pilfer money to buy votes!

Pathetic!

It's business of the Thais, the world please stay out

Can you please show us a link to any western country where she even got a mention

Have tried all the Australia newspapers and they not give her dissmissal 1 line

Im my world western countries believe in the rule of LAW

Try this one

http://www.smh.com.au/world/yingluck-shinawatra-to-step-down-as-thai-prime-minister-after-guilty-verdict-20140507-zr6h3.html

or this one

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/07/world/asia/thailand-yingluck-abuse-power-verdict/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

took about 30 seconds of searching. Sometimes we only see what we want to see to support our own bias.

Pathetic!

The world has an interest because it does business with Thais and Thailand.

It is a global, multi-lateral connected world that we live in.

The shops and factories of multinationals in Thailand and the the jobs and wealth that they bring to Thailand give them and their parent nations a voice in this debacle.

Thailand has sought foreign investment and it has an obligation to uphold the promises and guarantees made to win those investments.

The last thing Thailand wants or needs is for the world to abandon her (for Myanma,Cambodia, Laos….)

In order to be attractive to world trade, Thailand must first be competitive on the world markets, it is not possible with a corrupt government in charge taking advantage of the people for personal profit. As unfortunate as it is, it is a necessary process to lose some face and clean house. Regardless of which factor wanted this government out, can it be safe to assume that this government has done massive damage to Thailand's economy? Sure people will claim that it was all the protester, but what about the rice scheme? What about the water project or the high speed train system? One of Thailand's main import is rice, look what happened to that? How can we build a high speed train system when our present slow trains derail 10 times a year? I haven't even started with their amnesty plan.

Pathetic!

Does this mean we can take all our technology and leave? What about finance? I am sure Thailand becoming Cambodia is a good idea!

I can only imagine the poor 'ex brother-in-law's face when Thaksin told him "You were never family!!"

Family is blood line relatives? Should I now refer to my family as 'my family and my wife'? My wife does not share the same blood line as me. Are you from Somerset, perchance?

Could the next prime minister employ his/her wife or husband as deputy prime minister etc and say "They ain't the same blood' Seems kinda harsh on any future prime minister who indulges in incest.

Blood related, brother-in-law, ex brother-in-law etc - It's still nepotism in this case. "Your honour, he's actually my 'ex brother-in-law', and it's merely coincidence that he's the best man for this position, and it's also a coincidence that this kind of coincidence has happened before more than once"

He was a police chief, so he's a good choice for that role, as to whether he's the best choice, that's a judgement for her to make. As the elected Prime Minister, we elected her to run the country and transferring civil servants at his pay grade is one of her jobs.

Yes, ex brother-in-law. And I'm sure he was made a police chief at the time because he was the best man for the job. Naivety never wins arguments as a technicality.

Naivety? I think we're under no doubt here:

The 27 appointed Senators even said they believe this would be a quick way to remove Yingluk (either before or after Songkran), so their reasoning was spelled out when they did it.

As Senator Kamnoon Sidhisamarn, said on his Facebook page the transfer of Mr Thawil would be "the knock-out punch" of the caretaker government before or after Songkran. As Senator Paibul Nititawan, put it: Ms Yingluck, along with her cabinet, could be impeached much faster over the Thawil case than by the rice-pledging scheme.

(Google it, we can't directly link or quote BP)

So we're clear what the purpose of this was. Try to remove the government quickly before an election.

Pathetic!

Can you please show us a link to any western country where she even got a mention

Your understanding of Thai politics and Thailand's judicial system is inline with your ability to use Google:

http://www.afr.com/p/world/thai_pm_ousted_after_court_rules_f8ojBN1dwUJRAgRr8DiwRM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-07/thailand-yingluck-court-verdict/5436798

http://www.smh.com.au/world/fears-of-unrest-as-thai-court-forces-pms-exit-20140507-37wo9.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/thailand-adrift-as-pm-ousted/story-e6frg6so-1226909468648#mm-premium

When seeing the tittle "How Yingluck and her 2011 cabinet were found guilty of abuse of power" I thought there was going to read an article with a rational and clear legal explanation of the ruling. However it turned out to be the opposite. Makes no cents when elected leaders cannot move civil servants, especially when it is only one.

I believe Obama has retired more military Generals than any other President and it hardly gets a mention in the press.

Edited by marinediscoking
  • Like 1

Naivety? I think we're under no doubt here:

The 27 appointed Senators even said they believe this would be a quick way to remove Yingluk (either before or after Songkran), so their reasoning was spelled out when they did it.

As Senator Kamnoon Sidhisamarn, said on his Facebook page the transfer of Mr Thawil would be "the knock-out punch" of the caretaker government before or after Songkran. As Senator Paibul Nititawan, put it: Ms Yingluck, along with her cabinet, could be impeached much faster over the Thawil case than by the rice-pledging scheme.

(Google it, we can't directly link or quote BP)

So we're clear what the purpose of this was. Try to remove the government quickly before an election.

I don't care and wasn't arguing about this. I was talking about people saying because he was 'ex' or whatever that this wasn't nepotism. That's it.

Pathetic!

Sick denial

Denial by YOU

I think instead of following your red mentors, you look at the situ. So you another one condones corrupt government. Sorry all I do is comment on it. I am in denial for what ?? not agreeing with the Shin style. ??

Pathetic!

This news was top story and front page of the BBC and Reuters and IPA. These are really more internationally recognized than 'the cogra times'.

In many ways all your comments mean is that Australian news sources service a population who have a very insular focus.

Pathetic!

Thailand court ousts prime minister after abuse-of-power verdict http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-thailand-prime-minister-yingluck-shinawatra-forced-out-20140507-story.html Thailand's New PM Seen Capable of Compromises, Not Miracles

http://www.voanews.com/content/thailands-new-pm-seen-capable-of-compromises-not-miracles/1909538.html

Pathetic!

If that be the case, then please inform the government of Thailand not to get involved in world affairs; ie,

Do not trade with any country outside of Thailand

Do not allow Thai nationals to do business in or visit other countries

Do not allow non-Thais to enter the Kingdom of Thailand

Do not allow any govt spokesperson to comment on any issue that exists outside Thailand

Thai govt quit ASEAN immediately

This is just a start, as long as Thailand does these things, then the outside world has every right to comment on what is happening in Thailand.

Get it, got it.....goodthumbsup.gif

On the surface, a reasonable assessment. Unfortunately, the explanation only skims the surface.

The unspoken circumstances that put the case in perspective are ignored. The PM and the PTP took office in difficult times. The Democrat party and its allies were intent on doing all that they could to sabotage and bring down the government. They made it very clear they would "get" her. The government had the view that there was a real threat of being violently overthrown by the military. Considering Thailand's history, it wasn't unreasonable.

It is understandable that a man who held a key position in the government and who was responsible for components of internal security had to be someone who could be counted on. In Thailand, only family can be trusted and even then, only up to a certain point. In the jaundiced world of Thai political life, there had to be a change, particularly of a person who was not a supporter of the government. Where the government erred, was in the appointment of someone who was "family". They should have appointed someone in the interim, a non descript person who was loyal. Perhaps, the view was that there was an immediate need to have a loyalist in the position. It was a miscalculation, For a government that has meticulously planned its return to power, its strategists erred and created the basis upon which the PM could be removed. Whatever the reasons, or the motives, it was poor political judgement to appoint a "family" member to the position. Had it been someone else, the case would have floundered.

Spin, lies, damn lies and bs - exactly as we all expected from a Thaksin fanboy such as yourself....

On the surface, a reasonable assessment. Unfortunately, the explanation only skims the surface.

The unspoken circumstances that put the case in perspective are ignored. The PM and the PTP took office in difficult times. The Democrat party and its allies were intent on doing all that they could to sabotage and bring down the government. They made it very clear they would "get" her. The government had the view that there was a real threat of being violently overthrown by the military. Considering Thailand's history, it wasn't unreasonable.

It is understandable that a man who held a key position in the government and who was responsible for components of internal security had to be someone who could be counted on. In Thailand, only family can be trusted and even then, only up to a certain point. In the jaundiced world of Thai political life, there had to be a change, particularly of a person who was not a supporter of the government. Where the government erred, was in the appointment of someone who was "family". They should have appointed someone in the interim, a non descript person who was loyal. Perhaps, the view was that there was an immediate need to have a loyalist in the position. It was a miscalculation, For a government that has meticulously planned its return to power, its strategists erred and created the basis upon which the PM could be removed. Whatever the reasons, or the motives, it was poor political judgement to appoint a "family" member to the position. Had it been someone else, the case would have floundered.

so, in other words, the dog ate my homework. This is just a load of spin and bullsh*t because you know that the courts did the right thing and abided strictly by the laws of the country while the ptp ignored them totally, pathetic.

If a.n. other had been appointed ??? there wasn't a.n.other it was a shin family.

Quote " they took office in difficult times" most new governments do, that's how they get in. Once IN what did they achieve ??? 3years of squander and corrupt governing defying the courts.

No government in Thailand would be violently overthrown by the army IF they governed as per rule and as sworn in on oath to do so. They had a wonderful chance this FAMILY to come clean and govern in fine fashion BUT was not interested, initially to get Thaksin back here to rule and charges dropped ---that would have been unlawful.

No, he isn't in the Shin Familiy, he's an ex-brother in law, which is not a relative. He wasn't 'family' ever. Family is blood line relatives.

Divorcing her was yet another ploy of Thaksin because he wanted sheeple like you to make that argument. She went to visit him on his last HK visit. Can not say they are not still family....

If a.n. other had been appointed ??? there wasn't a.n.other it was a shin family.

Quote " they took office in difficult times" most new governments do, that's how they get in. Once IN what did they achieve ??? 3years of squander and corrupt governing defying the courts.

No government in Thailand would be violently overthrown by the army IF they governed as per rule and as sworn in on oath to do so. They had a wonderful chance this FAMILY to come clean and govern in fine fashion BUT was not interested, initially to get Thaksin back here to rule and charges dropped ---that would have been unlawful.

And only 191 sleeps till Santa comes for you cheesy.gif

No correlation for how top army generals are so rich on their public servants wages. Must be nice living in your yellow world.

No doubt PT are corrupt, but surely the Thai people should get to say who steals from them

For starters I am NOT yellow--now they do not exist ----The Thai people have to be taught what is good and bad as most do not know. Maybe this --GET OUT to Yingluck will serve as a waking up lesson. If Thai education is no good for the masses how can they have knowledge to vote clearly, when they ty they are intimidated in rural areas.

More excuses, we don't vote for Abhisit because he used the army and massacred a bunch of people in the middle of the capital city, in front of the eyes of the world. Then he made it s crime to say so, then he declared the reds terrorists who shot themselves, then he declared the opposition PPP party illegal, declared 'red zones' in PPP voter districts where his goons went around arresting politicians and suppressing politics.

So we have good reason not to vote for him.

No no no, there are no yellow shirts or red shirts and the army has never done anything but protect the Thai people from all those bad foreigners. So none of this could have happened,you must be getting paid by Thaksin, blah blah blah.

I saved him replying to you cheesy.gif

• Like 1

When seeing the tittle "How Yingluck and her 2011 cabinet were found guilty of abuse of power" I thought there was going to read an article with a rational and clear legal explanation of the ruling. However it turned out to be the opposite. Makes no cents when elected leaders cannot move civil servants, especially when it is only one.

I believe Obama has retired more military Generals than any other President and it hardly gets a mention in the press.

It depends on why they are moved. Just because you want a relative [brother in law is a relative of sorts, though I'm led to believe he's and ex BIL now, lets just call him someone from the inner circle, shall we] in place of a critical civil servant doesn't mean it's right to do it. That is abuse of power. I doubt President Obama had the same ulterior motives in his actions.

And only 191 sleeps till Santa comes for you cheesy.gif

No correlation for how top army generals are so rich on their public servants wages. Must be nice living in your yellow world.

No doubt PT are corrupt, but surely the Thai people should get to say who steals from them

For starters I am NOT yellow--now they do not exist ----The Thai people have to be taught what is good and bad as most do not know. Maybe this --GET OUT to Yingluck will serve as a waking up lesson. If Thai education is no good for the masses how can they have knowledge to vote clearly, when they ty they are intimidated in rural areas.

More excuses, we don't vote for Abhisit because he used the army and massacred a bunch of people in the middle of the capital city, in front of the eyes of the world. Then he made it s crime to say so, then he declared the reds terrorists who shot themselves, then he declared the opposition PPP party illegal, declared 'red zones' in PPP voter districts where his goons went around arresting politicians and suppressing politics.

So we have good reason not to vote for him.

I believe the courts are dealing with those allegations.

Face it, which is acceptable 1) replacing top level civil servants with ones you trust 2) putting your own family members into key positions, merit aside. The case is linked to both you can't morally say one is fine but not the other.

But the bigger pic is that PTP abused their governing privileges and nothing could stop them doing that, except of course a court abusing their judicial interpretations.

Pathetic!

sorry, Mr Tezzain... the Aussie papers published articles at least twice in their West Isles owned mastheads this week.... read the DominionPost, a reasonable number of column inches on Poo's ousting this morning. More column inches were allocated earlier in the week to summarise the position. The detail in the article is clear they have a reporter on-site rather than just reading ThaiVisa and The Nation

So you can't appoint your own people to important posts, even in the face of intimidation and threats? You might want to call this one another coup--of the judicial variety.

Certain posts can only be re-appointed with the approval of parliment. There are many such posts, e.g., in the U.S. for which the president's appointment require congressional approval. She could have made the transfer constitutionally with parlimentary approval. Given the appearance of personal and/or party interests that would have insured that the move was constitutional.

Then I stand corrected and admit I didn't do my homework. I erred. Apologies.

What a stupid thing to say, BNC. If YL was currently married, and appointed her husband to a high level of office - would you say that it is not nepotism because they are not blood relatives? Ridiculous.

Nepotism - www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary "the unfair practice by a powerful person of giving jobs and other favors to relatives."

GK- I don't understand why you truely believe that you 'erred'. Your original post @ 2.51 was correct and made sense.

Pathetic!

So in the illustrious opinion of Torkmada, it is perfectly in order for a Prime Minister to carry out the business of Government by the abuse of power? I would strongly recommend that you read up on the case before coming out with such nonesense - you will give TV a bad name with unqualified drivel like this and no I am not a yellow, multi coloured or any other shirt. I do however believe that Ministers, in what ever Country should conduct their business in an honest manner and remember that they are in office to serve the people, not themselves.

Pathetic!

So in the illustrious opinion of Torkmada, it is perfectly in order for a Prime Minister to carry out the business of Government by the abuse of power? I would strongly recommend that you read up on the case before coming out with such nonesense - you will give TV a bad name with unqualified drivel like this and no I am not a yellow, multi coloured or any other shirt. I do however believe that Ministers, in what ever Country should conduct their business in an honest manner and remember that they are in office to serve the people, not themselves.

I have it on good authority that hardly any of the Shinawatra's are actually related to each other. Thaksin was found floating down the Chao Phraya in a wicker basket, Yingluk under a cabbage leaf. The rest are just a pack of bastards.

• Like 1