Epson R210 Refill?

h90

I have a Epson Styols Photo R210

I often print some promotion things with it, and the ink is extremly expensive.

I thought of refill, but I killed a canon printer already with that and I sometimes don't print for 1 or 2 month. From what I got told it is better to print every day if you use ink which is not so perfect to not get problems.

Any experience or recommendations on that?

Yep, it's OK to get refills or ink tanks if you use it nearly every day. Otherwise, it's not a good idea. Actually, it's not a good idea in general to leave an inkjet alone for monts at a time. Turn it on at least every two weeks or so, to get the ink flowing. (You don't need to print anything)

If you want to print moderate volume at low cost, you might want to look at color lasers. Their prices have come down considerbly, to around the 10k baht range. Their main advantage is good quality on plain paper. Of course, inkjets still produce much better results (when you use photo paper).

I've been refilling ink cartridges for years, I can even do it without getting covered in a rainbow of difficult-to-remove ink :o

Genuine Epson cartidges are very difficult to refiill, the 'pattern' ones are easier.

The easiest route is to get a set of the see-through refillable cartridges, easy to fill and you can see how much ink you have left.

Either way, you will need a chip-resetter, this resets the ink counter in the little green chip on the cart. otherwise the printer will always think you are out of ink.

I had some trouble with the chips on my refillable carts, just swapped them with chips off empty genuine Epson carts, the printer is now convinced it has genuine cartridges installed :D

Use good quality ink and ensure you have the correct stuff for your printer, I prefer InkTec, the stuff I got from InkMan seems to fade very quickly.

I had trouble a few years back with refilling Epson printers.

The heads clogged up and a new set of heads was B8000.

I ended up dumping the printers.

The later versions may be better?