NACC indicts Yingluck, asks Senate to impeach her as PM

webfact

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really wonder why they even have politics in Thailand... never seen such a country that has to bring down everyone it is path... and the fact of the matter is...everyone all the way down to the lower middle class are so corrupt...how they even dare to point a finger is so much beyond my belief.

I have never seen and honesty in this country... I sometimes feel we are in the congo of Africa... all we need are some deaths and mutilations and were in...

but it figures... according to the posts from Thai Visa... Thailand only rates above 1 country in knowlege... Iraq... and they are down because being a war torn country... what is this countries excuse... oh thats right they are the worst financial planning people in the world...

Time to get a clue... ASEAN is coming... it will reeducate your stubborn butts... losing a lot of face. Singapore is a tough country...hope to see some tough policies come here.

time to get rid of corruption, bigorty and racism and join the rest of the world(not sucking off everyone's teat...

• Like 1

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

yes there are claims . they are made by you and your fellow red/ptp lovers as they cannot stand the fact that the courts have ruled against your heroes. Dont worry as only those with tiny brains and no real intelligence think like this, everyone else in Thailand realizes that the courts have made the correct assesment and decision but I am sure all the reds will get their guns/m79's etc and show everyone how democratic they are and of course all their appologists in here will defend their violence once again, pathetic

You mean like your yellow buddies can't stand up to an election and accept the result? Cant get the support of the majority so you throw a tantrum and refuse to play and then get the bullies to do your dirty work for you .... yellow streaks

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I like it...

But....but.... Suthep, Abhisit..........what about their crimes of genocide?facepalm.gif

What crimes of genocide? They were acting purely in the course of duty to put down the terrorists. Since when has that been a crime?

Those that died (on all sides) were collateral damage!!

For all those gloating over the demise of Yingluck, I still see no transparency in the way in which justice is dispensed in this country. The NACC votes 'unanimously' to indict her but who knows what the evidence is outside of those on the NACC? Why are all the proceedings of the courts and administrative bodies so secretive?

Abhisit has been indicted for murder. Suthep, as well. An indictment doesn't equate to guilt. And for Yingluck being tried by the Senate which is an 50% 'appointed' body certainly doesn't bode well for an unbiased decision. As the Senate is a 'political' body, the outcome is guaranteed to be political - up or down.

Let there be elections! Let the will of the people be known! If the Democrats don't have the spine to stand in the next elections, so be it. Thailand needs politicians with more fortitude that the constant whining I hear from them. And if the PTP is finished, then the people will be able to show this as well.

From the news that I'm getting from the plain folk in Issan... they are quite happy she is gone.

Easy way to find out. It's called a ballot box.

• Like 1

Looks like another party at Ban Piichai tonight. Already ordered the pig. Now gotta bake cupcakes.

So, no fireworks at ban Piichai last night eh? Good news. Enjoy the pig, you will need more than one.thumbsup.gif

We did have a couple cranks, but they accepted that we weren't celebrating the end of Yingluck, and instead the start of a better Thailand.

Turns out that Red Shirts quite like cupcakes.

• Like 1

Wow! A lot of cheer & happiness from the yellow cheer-leading squad. Have your days of gloating because you know you've only got until the next election to enjoy this. After that another Thaksin party will be in power & you will be back to whinging, whining and watching the perennial loser Dems throwing their toys out of the opposition benches.

Things will be better for everyone after the reforms.

Wow! A lot of cheer & happiness from the yellow cheer-leading squad. Have your days of gloating because you know you've only got until the next election to enjoy this. After that another Thaksin party will be in power & you will be back to whinging, whining and watching the perennial loser Dems throwing their toys out of the opposition benches.

what you mean whinging and whining like you are now...do you need a cuddle babe..biggrin.png

I like it...

But....but.... Suthep, Abhisit..........what about their crimes of genocide?facepalm.gif

As long as you feel happy with yourself joking about the deaths of 96 people by referring to a genocide, feel free. I'm just glad I'm not you.

Hush up and enjoy the party Fabby. Beers are on me!

Where's the party? If you're buying the beers, i'll be there. Any dress code?

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

......................................."Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment."............................................

Who are you to make this ridiculous statement ? Apart from being the latest pest on TV trying to make a name for himself.

Justice is being served right now, and the corrupt and dishonest PTP crooks are not enjoying the taste of it one little bit.

...and No, Moo, you don't speak for me either...!

If you really want to know how many people think specific agencies are corrupt, biased and abusing their power, try asking people what they think of of the CAPO and DSI...!

I do, however, agree with you that justice should be served once the dust has settled, and that all of the PTP thieves should end up behind bars...!

Don't be too harsh on our friend Moonao,he is not thinking clearly,living in pain from the many times he has shot himself in the foot recently.

Here's where it all comes crashing down, thanks to the recent senate elections.

The coup clowns don't have the required 3/5 of the senate vote.

There will be no impeachment.

What's three fifths of any number? Say bye bye....

3 times

I like it...

Here's a very simplified definition of genocide.

the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

Are you suggesting that Suthep and Abhisit (you're on first name terms with them?) are deliberately and systematically trying to exterminate all opponents of either of their political beliefs?

Genocide is not a word to be used lightly.

• Like 1

This dirt will never see a day in jail. Sad but true.

Jail for what?

Thumping the Democrats in an election?

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

I assume you have not been here for a long time with that silly statement.

She does look like she showers often.

After living here for 30 years and seeing 10 Prime Ministers I think that we have to recognize that others have done nothing for Thailand. Thailand is a strong country where there is no poverty and unemployment. This country has been on a difficult trail to democracy since 1932 and has made great progress inspite of rotten civilian governments. Look around south east Asia, Thailand is growing and doing good. The road to democracy is long and hard especially in Asia. The army and others hanging over the head of democracy slows down the speed. The economy is strong and this country will grow and do good inspite of the poor purchased members of parliament. The road is a rocky and difficult one but Thai people love freedom. If they can give up selling their votes then we can get there a lot faster. THIS IS A GOOD COUNTRY MAKING GOOD PROGRESS!

• Like 1

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

Dr. Bruce, we the cynical old expat farts here have seen it all, and we expect little to actually change when the Shins are gone; however, I think you will see a more stable government sometime in the future.

Yes. A more stable government that is not elected by the majority of the people. Isn't it a better idea not to let the majority of the people vote. Surely that is better. That way the government would be stable, there would be no challenging of policies and the judiciary, army and "others" would all be aligned in one big happy family. Of course, this "government" wouldn't be corrupt, would it? Oh no.

Oh, and one more thing: this government can rewrite the constitution (easily, seeing that they are all aligned) to not let the majority of people vote and to keep govt education arguably one of the worst in Asia. That way they can keep the poor poor and keep the ignorant ignorant. Everyone's a winner!!!!

You mean keeping the poor poor and the ignorant ignorant like they have been for the last 13 years under mostly the criminal Thaksin's government. Take education and the keeping the ignorant ignorant for example that you are quoting with 4 different Education Ministers alone in the 2 years and 8 months that these latest court removed criminals have been in control...pig trough feeding instead of good governance and everyone sure is a winner the Thaksin way...all rich within 6 months of Yingluck's election according to Thaksin...yippee everyone sure is a winner. Edited by Roadman

For all those gloating over the demise of Yingluck, I still see no transparency in the way in which justice is dispensed in this country. The NACC votes 'unanimously' to indict her but who knows what the evidence is outside of those on the NACC? Why are all the proceedings of the courts and administrative bodies so secretive?

Abhisit has been indicted for murder. Suthep, as well. An indictment doesn't equate to guilt. And for Yingluck being tried by the Senate which is an 50% 'appointed' body certainly doesn't bode well for an unbiased decision. As the Senate is a 'political' body, the outcome is guaranteed to be political - up or down.

Let there be elections! Let the will of the people be known! If the Democrats don't have the spine to stand in the next elections, so be it. Thailand needs politicians with more fortitude that the constant whining I hear from them. And if the PTP is finished, then the people will be able to show this as well.

From the news that I'm getting from the plain folk in Issan... they are quite happy she is gone.

I agree, when the electoral system is fixed and irresponsible populist policies are banned from parties manifestos!!!

I like it...

What crimes of genocide? They were acting purely in the course of duty to put down the terrorists. Since when has that been a crime?

Those that died (on all sides) were collateral damage!!

Seems you're not quite up to speed today Steve. See post #114.

• Like 1

With the Senate being 49% appointed by the Ammart the numbers are very close with slightly more than 60% favouring the old-guard.

Thailand needs reform and the first reform should be an elected senate.

Why don't you quit your whinging until the details have been published.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course the PTP acolytes tout an elected senate - just make it an extension of parliament and a useless rubber stamp body. Another piece of 'wisdom' from those who refuse to comprehend that elections do not equal democracy.

I hope that the NACC can continue with the corruption investigation even though the bodies responsible for prosecution (DSI, AG, police) are all under PTP control.

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

Again? When was the previous?

What is the evidence of what she did wrong? It seems that many TV members and loud anti gov Thais keep asserting she has stolen from the country to make her family rich and Thailand is poor because of the Shin clan. What has been proven so far or strong evidence presented in favor to makes people so adamant against her position.?

As she as already been removed from office I hope this is to follow up with a 5 year ban from politics and a criminal trial with jail time same as big brother.

And more importantly, subject to a criminal trial, confiscate her passport(s) so she doesn't 'run away' like her brother.

• Like 2

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

Torkmada, maybe you are right. I have no evidence to say the contrary, so it may be true that she has never put a single fraudulent Baht into her pocket (unless someone demonstrates the contrary). But she has allowed corruption at all levels. Perhaps she was afraid of confronting the powerful people that is behind the corruption? Perhaps afraid of contradicting the orders of old bro? Perhaps ignorant, blind, and stupid?. Who knows! but there is no doubt that she has neglected her duty and she has lost a precious opportunity to reform the country for good.

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

I agree, when the electoral system is fixed and irresponsible populist policies are banned from parties manifestos!!!

Why do you fear elections? Do you think we live in a perfect world? And why do you think that your view of what is 'irresponsible' is a universal truth? The political world is gray not black and white. If you think the PTP is mortally wounded, elections will be the way by which democracy is restored. It won't be perfect, but elections will reflect the will of the people.

Nonsense.