Name the Flower Game

First one is Canna lily....

the second one looks like it might be part of a flower from the flame tree... ?

I would agree for what that is worth. Definitely Canna Lily the first one.

Edited by xen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flame tree.... David....is it's common name too! .... trust me! tongue.png

But your second image is not same same tree! .....that is what is commonly know as peacock flower! .... different tree entirely!facepalm.gifalthough looking it up, it does have several common names including Dwarf Poinciana!

From Wiki pages.

Caesalpinia pulcherrima is a species of flowering plant in the pea family, Fabaceae, that is native to the tropics and subtropics of the Americas. It could be native to the West Indies,[2] but its exact origin is unknown due to widespread cultivation.[1] Common names for this species include Poinciana, Peacock Flower, Red Bird of Paradise, Mexican Bird of Paradise, Dwarf Poinciana, Pride of Barbados, and flamboyan-de-jardin.

very good for some one looking for a small tree that blooms almost continuously! Come in yellow and pinkish flowers toowink.png

your image!

dwarf-poinciana2.jpg

I just happened to take a picture of mine yesterday.... this one I planted last November... it's doing well! thumbsup.gif

IMG_5809.JPG

wai.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

But your second image is not same same tree! .....

Jimmy, when you say .. 'Flame tree.... David....is it's common name too!', are you saying that name 'Tlame Tree' is a translation from the Thai name, or what we call that tree in the West?

"But your second image is not same same tree! " ... on this we can agree.

But your second image is not same same tree! .....

Jimmy, when you say .. 'Flame tree.... David....is it's common name too!', are you saying that name 'Tlame Tree' is a translation from the Thai name, or what we call that tree in the West?

"But your second image is not same same tree! " ... on this we can agree.

No idea of the Thai translation David..... if I was to ask, my neighbourhood plant guru, I know I will get the response, "I don't know my name English"! I have many of those in my garden! biggrin.png

Using common names does not always work, as different regions even in western countries some times use a different common name! facepalm.gif

Glad we can agree on some thing though! thumbsup.giftongue.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Then Jimmy, my friend ... we will have to agree to disagree.

Your photo in Post #5 is not known in English commonly as a 'Flame Tree'.

Here is the Wiki defination for a 'Flame Tree' ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_tree

The link you gave is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesalpinia_pulcherrima .. no mention of a Flame Tree in there.

But this won't ruin our mateship ... just means that it's your first shout next time ... drunk.gif

• Like 1

Then Jimmy, my friend ... we will have to agree to disagree.

Your photo in Post #5 is not known in English commonly as a 'Flame Tree'.

Here is the Wiki defination for a 'Flame Tree' ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_tree

The link you gave is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesalpinia_pulcherrima .. no mention of a Flame Tree in there.

But this won't ruin our mateship ... just means that it's your first shout next time ... drunk.gif

oh forgot to add on boyant to the Flame Flamboyant tree ... are you happy now? tongue.png

Actually I have a Barbados plant book here that was given to me from a friend who lived in Barbados.... it does use the term "Flame tree" .... as I said before this is the problem with common names in different areas!

facepalm.gifI guess they did not like the "flamboyant" term there ....rolleyes.gif

this could be a good party! ... your shoot now! burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif...whistling.gif

• Like 2