DIY fitted wardrobes

CNXBKKMAN

I am thinking about making my own fitted wardrobes . Loads of plans and videos on youtube. It looks quite straightforward and doable. Does anyone know where you can buy lengths of wood, wood finished chipboard etc that would be used for the doors and exterior. Inside it can be more basic but from the outside it needs to look smart. I have been to homepro but they don't seem to stock this stuff, neither does Baan and Beyond. Anywhere around Chiang Mai is ok.

I live in Kanchanaburi. Here there are a number of factories all making wooden doors, windows and panels for local use.

Mate of mine had some nice louvre doors made up very cheaply.

Ask around and I'm sure you'll find similar in CM.

Edited by edwinchester

try c/mai suksavad timber..t/n 053 244180..excellent company, deals in log timbers,frames ,doors, windows ,flooring furniture all wood products

best of luck and a nice day to allsmile.png

Nice one, I will check them out. Thanks for the info.

I was looking at timber in Global House yesterday and you may get sorted there. worth a look anyway. Turn left at Big C on the way to Hang dong, and its 4-5km down on the left. But you probably know that...

• Like 1

Diy here is far removed from what we can do on the west.

Wardrobe doors on wheels, mirror doors, top and bottom tracks....forget it, they simply don't have the market here for this sort of diy.

Paper faced chipboard the standard product wouldn't last two minutes in this heat, humidity and hungry insects.

The best you may be able to do, but some louvre doors and make door frames and have the robes as opening doors or get the doors and fix the bogey wheels to the top and bottom. The track itself may need to be half inch rebar.

Already trying to think for you I am digging myself a hole, glad its not my problem.

Dressing room would be the solution for me or a set of traditional imported robes.

• Like 1

cnxbkkman, they do have another branch at .............318/1 mahidol rd t/n..053.812450, the other branch i gave is near testco s/market and flower market(off the ring road). they are timber merchants .hope u dont listen to the anti D.I.Y. doomsayers,smile.png as I have seen some nice work done by D.I Y. here in c/maismile.png and a nice morning to allsmile.png

• Like 1

i also recommend Suksawad timber company. pretty easy to find off the Super Highway. recently they've been putting up a lot signs all over the place. not sure if they have what you're looking for but they have very good stocks.

• Like 1

INDEX have 2 systems: One is good for sliding doors - they supply/install ... sold ex bedroom furniture display area upstairs. The Smartflex robe fitting system is DIY and very good quality. I've just fitted out a WIR [walk-in-robe] with Smartflex ... upstairs down the back.

IMG_8223.JPG