Triple Entry Visa and New Crackdown

If I get a Triple Entry Visa and leave Thailand by flying to KL will I be asked a million question by immigration like it says on the other thread or is this only for people doing visa runs for 30day stays.

Please excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know the best place/s to apply for a triple-entry visa in the SE Asian region?

Bali does them. They require you have tickets out (90 day apart is ok) for each entry.

Jakarta is a maybe.

Please excuse my ignorance, but does anyone know the best place/s to apply for a triple-entry visa in the SE Asian region?

Most people seem to be going to Vientiane, Laos for them. It will set you back around $120 for the visa.

• Like 1

Most people seem to be going to Vientiane, Laos for them. It will set you back around $120 for the visa.

Thank you kindly Mr. Green. Unfortunately Ubonjoe, I don't know if I can organize myself to have the tickets for the next 90 days! sad.png

This is misinformation.

You can get a triple entry but it is ONLY valid for 3 months. In effect it is therefore only good for a 6 month stay.

Thank you kindly Mr. Green. Unfortunately Ubonjoe, I don't know if I can organize myself to have the tickets for the next 90 days! sad.png

The info you quoted for Vientiane is completely wrong. Vientiane will only do a 2 entry visa with a 90 validity. Each entry is 1000 baht.

I don't think it should be that hard to plan things that far a head. By planning ahead you probably could buy the tickets for a one day out and back for not much more than a border runs costs.

• Like 2

It is only for those doing multiple 30 or 15 day visa exempt entries at the border. Some that had several already were questioned at the airport is all.

I am not sure about that...

Red stamps in your passport at the consulate .... coz having to much back to back tourist visa's...

i remember reading the topics ...

It is only for those doing multiple 30 or 15 day visa exempt entries at the border. Some that had several already were questioned at the airport is all.

I am not sure about that...

Red stamps in your passport at the consulate .... coz having to much back to back tourist visa's...

i remember reading the topics ...

My statement was about a recent "crackdown" at border crossings for visa exempt entries and was in no way about getting a tourist visa.

That is old news about the red stamps for having multiple back to back tourist visas.

So does anyone know if you can do land crossings at vientian and get 2/3 entry tourist visa?

Yep I realize this is all in flux at the moment.

It will be clearer once everyone becomes aquainted with the new rules

of enforcement of the present regulations

I've been getting double entry tourist visas from vientiane before, i currently have one that expires soon. I wonder if it will be harder to get a new one now after the crackdown,, i know that the crackdown is not supposed to be about tourist visas,, but i still fear that they will start asking me to produce airline tickets and stuff.

Any reports from vientiane the last week?

The new rules do not apply to tourist visas, There will be no change to getting them but the embassy will be busier.

Do you have one from there now? The worst case is that they will only give you a single entry. Attaching financial proof from outside Thailand to your application will help to prove you are not working here illegally.

• Like 1

The bilateral agreements to establish a Thailand Embassy or Consulate in another country is based upon helping citizens of that country (or perhaps a neighboring country without a Thai Embassy) in their dealings with Thailand and helping Thai citizens in their dealings when in the country in question. The issuance of visas to persons of third party countries is done strictly as a convenience.

The new rules do not apply to tourist visas, There will be no change to getting them but the embassy will be busier.

Do you have one from there now? The worst case is that they will only give you a single entry. Attaching financial proof from outside Thailand to your application will help to prove you are not working here illegally.

Yes the rules have not changed, but the enforcement of existing rules for tourist visa may be enforced stricter now, that is what i'm worried about.

Vientiane is famous for not asking about financials, tickets, hotel reservations etc.. But i fear they might have started doing that now due to this new crackdown..

I do have one double entry from there now.. going the tonight (will arrive tomorrow morning) to get a new double entry..

How do you know they will give single entry at worst? Do you know that they can and have refused applications entirely in the past,, asking for supporting documents,,, rare but can happen.,.. and i fear, that with this new crackdown they have to be stricter about enforcing the rules and asking for supporting documentation ..

Anyway, i will report back here soon :)

• Like 1

Yes the rules have not changed, but the enforcement of existing rules for tourist visa may be enforced stricter now, that is what i'm worried about.

Vientiane is famous for not asking about financials, tickets, hotel reservations etc.. But i fear they might have started doing that now due to this new crackdown..

I do have one double entry from there now.. going the tonight (will arrive tomorrow morning) to get a new double entry..

How do you know they will give single entry at worst? Do you know that they can and have refused applications entirely in the past,, asking for supporting documents,,, rare but can happen.,.. and i fear, that with this new crackdown they have to be stricter about enforcing the rules and asking for supporting documentation ..

Anyway, i will report back here soon smile.png

That would be great if you can find the time and effort to let us know how you went! Oh, and thanks again ubonjoe smile.png

tldr: business as usual regarding tourist visas in vientiane.

Just came back from vientiane. I got a double entry tourist visa. (i had the same previously,, so it was back-2-back double-entry tourist visa).

No problems in vientiane, business as usual, was not asked to provide financials, tickets, etc...

The only thing different was the amount of people,, but could be due to holiday may 13.. Anyway, everybody got served and i saw noone get refused or hassled in the embassy or when going through the border back to thailand.

Because of the amount of people in the embassy, stuff got a bit delayed, usually the stop taking applications 11:30 ,, but now they took applicaitons to around 1pm.. As long as you got a queue number before 11:30.. Some people said this was due to the holiday may 13th..

Getting passports back the day after usually starts at 1:30pm,, but now it was delayed to around 2pm because they were still taking payments from applicants.

You are a gentleman sir. Thank you for bothering to follow through with this account of your experience :-)

• Like 1

I don't want anyone else to feel like i did before going there,, not having a clue about how it would go :)

tldr: business as usual regarding tourist visas in vientiane.

Just came back from vientiane. I got a double entry tourist visa. (i had the same previously,, so it was back-2-back double-entry tourist visa).

No problems in vientiane, business as usual, was not asked to provide financials, tickets, etc...

The only thing different was the amount of people,, but could be due to holiday may 13.. Anyway, everybody got served and i saw noone get refused or hassled in the embassy or when going through the border back to thailand.

Because of the amount of people in the embassy, stuff got a bit delayed, usually the stop taking applications 11:30 ,, but now they took applicaitons to around 1pm.. As long as you got a queue number before 11:30.. Some people said this was due to the holiday may 13th..

Getting passports back the day after usually starts at 1:30pm,, but now it was delayed to around 2pm because they were still taking payments from applicants.

You are a gentleman sir. Thank you for bothering to follow through with this account of your experience :-)

• Like 2

It is only for those doing multiple 30 or 15 day visa exempt entries at the border.

The new rules have nothing to do with getting tourist visas.

The new rules do not apply to tourist visas

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

“The crackdown is all about preventing foreigners from using visa-exemptions and tourist visas to stay in Thailand and work,” Gen Pharnu said.
  • Like 1

It is only for those doing multiple 30 or 15 day visa exempt entries at the border.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

“The crackdown is all about preventing foreigners from using visa-exemptions and tourist visas to stay in Thailand and work,” Gen Pharnu said.

You should look at the dates the statements you quoted were made before that last statement was made by the general. And that was meant for those that are working illegally on tourist visas.

They might ask a few question to those that have several tourist visas in their passport on entry to the country. But more than likely not for those that have them from their home country,

The nearby locations have been scrutinizing tourist visa applications for those they suspect or working here. They have been asking

for financial proof they have funds from outside the country for some time now.

They didn't ask for financials/proof in vientiane,, where are they doing it? Do you mean mae sai border when attempting to enter the country on a tourist visa? (not exemption)

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You should look at the dates the statements you quoted were made before that last statement was made by the general. And that was meant for those that are working illegally on tourist visas.
They might ask a few question to those that have several tourist visas in their passport on entry to the country. But more than likely not for those that have them from their home country,
The nearby locations have been scrutinizing tourist visa applications for those they suspect or working here. They have been asking
for financial proof they have funds from outside the country for some time now.

I wonder if this is entirely accurate. I have a multiple entry non-immigrant-o visa from the Savannakhet consulate and was questioned when I re-entered via the Ban Pakkard border crossing the last week of April. I was told I needed to get my visa in order or leave at the airport and that they were making an exception stamping me in for 90 days. Perhaps it is a case of different enforcement across offices or confusion over a new policy but I am curious as to whether others with the same visa have faced similar issues. I apologize if this drifts a bit from the original topic but it seems pertinent. I don't work and I'm not of retirement age so I have limited visa options unless I park 400k baht in a Thai bank account which I would rather not do.

Edited by CPT

• 1 month later...

Bali does them. They require you have tickets out (90 day apart is ok) for each entry.

Jakarta is a maybe.

Can I ask you what you mean by "90 day apart?" Does that mean 90 days from the date of application?

Since a triple entry is valid for 6 months and usable for nearly 9 months stay in Thailand, would a 6 or 9 months hence ticket be acceptable?

Although I just got a double in Vientiane, I am coming off a triple obtained in Bali last August and was here on that visa until last month. I was not asked for a departure ticket that time. I expect that when my double entry dies in December, my next visa will probably be Bali again, and so I will have to get a ticket I guess. My thinking is I will lay out a lot of cash and get a fully refundable ticket, then just refund it after the visa.

It be 90 day from when enter Thailand for the first entry then 90 after the 2nd entry and the same for the 3rd.

They stared asking for tickets for each entry shortly after you got your if I recall correctly. You could look back through member vongbali's posts to find it .