PCAD Monk Leader Calls Tear Gas Barrage “Attempted Murder”

Lite Beer

PCAD Monk Leader Calls Tear Gas Barrage “Attempted Murder”

By Khaosod Eng.

13996225691399630707l.jpg

BANGKOK — A Buddhist monk and core anti-government leader has filed attempted murder charges against the police that used tear gas on him and his group of demonstrators today.

It was the first instance of violence during today's large-scale anti-government demonstrations, referred to as the "Final Battle" by leaders of the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD). The massive rally is part of the group’s ongoing effort to replace the current caretaker government, now led by Prime Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongphaisarn, with an unelected PM and "People's Council."

Protesters led by the core PCAD activist and Buddhist monk Buddha Issara clashed with police this morning after attempting to enter the headquarters of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Ordre (CAPO) on Viphavadee Road.

Buddha Issara led protesters to CAPO’s headquarters with the intention of negotiating with a high-ranking government representative. When his request for a dialogue was ignored, the monk attempted to enter the building despite police orders that he stop “trespassing.”

When Buddha Issara refused to stop, police fired tear gas and high-pressured water at the monk and his entourage.

PCAD protesters hurled water bottles and screamed insults at the police in response, but eventually retreated.

After the clash subsided, Buddha Issara went to Thoong Song Hong police station to file charges of “attempted murder” against the officers who unleashed tear gas on his group.

Meanwhile, in a statement read this afternoon, CAPO announced a decision to charge 51 PCAD leaders with serious offences including terrorism, insurrection, illegal assembly, causing public disorder, and obstruction of the 2 Feb. elections.

This morning's confrontation at CAPO also brought traffic on Viphavadee Road to a halt, with PCAD guards blocking several lanes of the road near the CAPO headquarters.

According to a statement by the Traffic Police Command, traffic on Viphavadee Road and the elevated toll way above the road were completely "paralysed" by the clashes.

Those who wish to travel to Don Mueang Airport have been advised to avoid Viphavadee Road use Phahon yothin Road instead.

On Friday, other groups of PCAD protesters marched through Bangkok’s financial district and demonstrated in front of a number of state-owned TV stations and government buildings, including the Government House and Parliament.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1399622569&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-09

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When the PTP set the example that the Right Honorable Ahbisit is guilty of murder then this is by no means a stretch of an accusation.

The PTP set the example. Everyone else is following suit!

• Like 1

When the PTP set the example that the Right Honorable Ahbisit is guilty of murder then this is by no means a stretch of an accusation.

Ahbisit is neither Right nor Honorable. He sent the army in to KILL protesters. A completely different level to water cannon and teargas which are used all over the world to control mobs.

Ahbisit's crimes happened 4 years ago and he is still free to order more murders if he manages to grab power and Yinluck has been found guilty so quickly. Hardly seems fair does it. Which of your 15 points shall we file that one under.

Your a funny guy.. most reds are and people love laughing about fools.

If they had a case against Ahbisit then they would have made it and jailed him. There is just no case, YL was an easy case.

Its sad that they cant go on with all the Taksin cases and trial him in while he is not there.

• Like 1

Ahbisit is neither Right nor Honorable. He sent the army in to KILL protesters. A completely different level to water cannon and teargas which are used all over the world to control mobs.

Ahbisit's crimes happened 4 years ago and he is still free to order more murders if he manages to grab power and Yinluck has been found guilty so quickly. Hardly seems fair does it. Which of your 15 points shall we file that one under.

If they had a case against Ahbisit then they would have made it and jailed him. There is just no case, YL was an easy case.

Its sad that they cant go on with all the Taksin cases and trial him in while he is not there.

If they did not have evidence that Ahbisit ordered the army to use live rounds they would have tried him and found him not guilty. The problem for the courts is that there is plenty of evidence. That is why it has not come to court in 4 years.

Thailand needs reform and it should start with the courts. No court case should drag on for 4 years.

• Like 2

If they did not have evidence that Ahbisit ordered the army to use live rounds they would have tried him and found him not guilty. The problem for the courts is that there is plenty of evidence. That is why it has not come to court in 4 years.

Thailand needs reform and it should start with the courts. No court case should drag on for 4 years.

Can you tell me what court is trying this case and how its bias please ?. I doubt this is the constitutional court ?

If there was enough evidence the reds would have pushed the case.. there is just no evidence for a case. They can't call it murder and can't charge him they way they want. They would have done it if they could, the courts are not in the hands of the opposition else this government was already gone.

be strong issara your doing a noble job sir..wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

cheesy.gif great use of sarcasm.

btw, last i heard he was cowering in a corner, weeping , blowing his whistle furiously, soiled his robe, frightened for his life, poor little thing, rolleyes.gif

Edited by moonao

be strong issara your doing a noble job sir..wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

cheesy.gif great use of sarcasm.

btw, last i heard he was cowering in a corner, weeping , blowing his whistle furiously, soiled his robe, frightened for his life, poor little thing, rolleyes.gif

I always say it takes on to know one.. coward that is and you seem to know it intimately.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> great use of sarcasm.

btw, last i heard he was cowering in a corner, weeping , blowing his whistle furiously, soiled his robe, frightened for his life, poor little thing, alt=rolleyes.gif>

I always say it takes on to know one.. coward that is and you seem to know it intimately.

dude, its not rocket science. he dresses in a robe and acts like a mafia thug, then thinks he is dying when his robe gets wet. hes a grade a pu*sy

wake up.

Edited by moonao
  • Like 1

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> great use of sarcasm.

btw, last i heard he was cowering in a corner, weeping , blowing his whistle furiously, soiled his robe, frightened for his life, poor little thing, alt=rolleyes.gif>

dude, its not rocket science. he dresses in a robe and acts like a mafia thug, then thinks he is dying when his robe gets wet.

wake up.

No need to defend yourself.. we all know the kind of guy you are.. brave behind a keyboard and all.. You don't have to act. Your knowledge of fear is so convincing that i stick with my statement it takes one to know one.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif great use of sarcasm.

dude, its not rocket science. he dresses in a robe and acts like a mafia thug, then thinks he is dying when his robe gets wet.

wake up.

No need to defend yourself.. we all know the kind of guy you are.. brave behind a keyboard and all.. You don't have to act. Your knowledge of fear is so convincing that i stick with my statement it takes one to know one.

lol u suffering from roid rage bro ?

wake up.

Roid rage would make me aggressive not posting on a forum, shows again the lack of knowledge on your part. You seem to be sinking deeper and deeper. Your credibility (if you ever had it) is dropping biggrin.png

wake up.

Roid rage would make me aggressive not posting on a forum, shows again the lack of knowledge on your part. You seem to be sinking deeper and deeper. Your credibility (if you ever had it) is dropping

unlike your testes bro

It's dragging on 4 years already ?

Last time I checked it was less than 1 year since Abhisit and Suthep were indicted by PTP in the name of brown nose Tarrit, who is now hearing voices from one of the prime victims relatives to be included in the indictment because he was also part of CRES, and the charges were brought in the hope that the Democrats would support the amnesty bill for the biggest convicted fugitive criminal Thailand has ever known.

The world is laughing at you, sir.clap2.gif

The monk certainly has brought ridicle on himself. Yingluk adopted a softley softley approach to the anti-government protesters. She has gone and so has the softly softly approach. Now that the monk and his mob has had a dose of reality. I wonder how many of them will be as eager to follow his lead now?

• Like 1

The world is laughing at you, sir.clap2.gif

The monk certainly has brought ridicle on himself. Yingluk adopted a softley softley approach to the anti-government protesters. She has gone and so has the softly softly approach. Now that the monk and his mob has had a dose of reality. I wonder how many of them will be as eager to follow his lead now?

Is Yingluck gone ?

I expect every minute a statement that the CC conviction was only applicable to her in the function of defense minister and that she is still acting PM, same as the other 2 morons at CAPO.

Meanwhile, his guards beat up a person on Don Muang Toll Way today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrdpL-XbOp8

The man was heading for his pilot license exam, and moved one of their precious cones.

What's in that green umbrella that looks so heavy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPM6nHS4R8

What a disgraceful man Isara is. All the army command lives up there, they've already attacked a Colonel, when will the army do something about these people??

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, his guards beat up a person on Don Muang Toll Way today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrdpL-XbOp8

The man was heading for his pilot license exam, and moved one of their precious cones.

What's in that green umbrella that looks so heavy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqPM6nHS4R8

What a disgraceful man Isara is. All the army command lives up there, they've already attacked a Colonel, when will the army do something about these people??

Look again at the first video, it's not a green umbrella, it's wrapped in a green wrapper. He uses it here to attack the driver, but I suspect its a rifle. The clubs from the rest are not hidden and he would need a reason to hide it in that bag.

post-199953-0-52734100-1399654843_thumb.