Mugging suspect killed in high-speed Bangkok chase

Lite Beer

before you all join in the "som nam na" chorus I'd like to check that the bike did not cut him up and he rammed him then threw his wallet on the corpse claiming 'thief"!

IF he was a thief I have no sympathy in the slightest. Let's find out if he was 'scumbag' OR 'selfish bike rider vs angry motorist'

i would go easy on the drugs if i were you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least he should go down on manslaughter charges.

In the perfect world yes, but this isn't so I doubt much will become of this

Also in perfect world he wouldn't be found guilty by members of this forum of (non-existent manslaughter) charges before he's been in court. If the robbery victim's version of events is correct what resulted in the robber's death was an accident caused by the victim himself.

.......and how does said car owner make his money.....???

"Said" car owner makes his money by being a clothes designer, as was stated in the report, but does it have any bearing on the "said" incident?

I'm pretty sure that if the driver of the BMW was a cop, he'd have the theif's whole family behind bars for no reason.

Ah well, As wrong as it is, If I got mugged like that and was in a position to take revenge, I'm sure that in the heat of anger anybody would have done that.

He is not a cop. My wife knows the guy, he has his own clothing design business. He is in high demand in the soap opera industry and have recently been selected to serve as a judge for Miss Thailand world. By the way the BMW is very new and he was very proud on it, can't see him crashing on purpose.

De Driver sounds like a real hero and he saved many people from being mugged and sent a good message to the wicked muggers in this city which are many

If you r punched and robbed at knife point then it is good to punish the evil man but I do not think he mean to kill and his death was karma coz Bob Marley told us to get up and stand for our rights

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm pretty sure that if the driver of the BMW was a cop, he'd have the theif's whole family behind bars for no reason.

Ah well, As wrong as it is, If I got mugged like that and was in a position to take revenge, I'm sure that in the heat of anger anybody would have done that.

Yes, I believe that the police investigator will determine that the thief rammed the car and caused his own death. But it is going to cost the car driver . He also needs to pay for the shop which looks totally wrecked. Luckily no one was hurt in the shop. His insurance may decline to pay for damage to the car (and bike) too. It is going to cost much more than than the stuff that was stolen but he will have a great sense of satisfaction that he got his stuff back and rid the world of a miscreant.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Wow, 2 pages and 2 threads yet nobody's (including the articles) mentioned the truly innocent victim here - the shopkeeper. I imagine he's probably just like any hard working person trying to feed his family with the income from what was his shop and now he gets to wake up to a life turned upside down through no fault or action of his own. Do you think the BMW driver is going to pay? Ha!!! Insurance? I'm not sure which company offers a "BMW crashing in" clause.

Poor guy, hope he gets things all sorted out.

Are Thai citizens authorised to engage in pursuits and break road rules to make a citizens arrest? Definitely are not where I come from and will be prosecuted if they did.

They mugger got hit with Karma and no argument from me on that one.

I'm not clear how you know the car driver broke the law. Where you come from and in Thailand, both, "well, your honour, common sense..." is not admissible evidence. "I saw him and he looked like he was going fast" is equally unhelpful. Seems more like you want this man persecuted rather than prosecuted.

HE says he was following the thief, which is most certainly 100% legal, and the darn thief made a quick turn and he had an accident trying to avoid him. Sounds like no one one is going to crack that version of the story "beyond a shadow of a doubt". I think the car driver got himself a really good story to tell the police and he's sticking to it. Not that there will be any outcry to persecute him except here anyway. But my point is he has a terrific story of innocence, and I don't see how you figure you've broken that story to get him into prison.

B-S, after being mugged and if it is found true that the suspect rammed his car, and it should be easy to investigate, then the suspect died from his own actions and no charges shoud be filed on the BM driver.

He has chased a guy in his vehicle at high speed which alone is an offence (Conduct endangering life) wether he intended to collide with the guy or not is irrelevant. It is a hands down Culpable Driving where I come from and I have charged a couple with the offence.

(1) Any person who by the culpable driving of a motor vehicle causes the death of another person shall be guilty of an indictable offence and shall be liable to level 3 imprisonment (20 years maximum) or a level 3 fine or both.

S. 318(2) amended by No. 127/1986 s. 102(Sch. 4 item 5.4).

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) a person drives a motor vehicle culpably if he drives the motor vehicle

(a) recklessly, that is to say, if he consciously and unjustifiably disregards a substantial risk that the death of another person or the infliction of grievous bodily harm upon another person may result from his driving; or

(cool.png negligently, that is to say, if he fails unjustifiably and to a gross degree to observe the standard of care which a reasonable man would have observed in all the circumstances of the case; or

© whilst under the influence of alcohol to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the motor vehicle; or

So the motorcyclist has done nowt wrong then?

"the deceased suspect had committed similar muggings several times before".

DO THE DO-GOODERS REALISE THAT THIS IS A DANGEROUS P***K WITH A KNIFE. ROBBERS IN MY EXPERIENCE START OFF AS SNATCHERS AND THEN GET MORE BLAISE AND VIOLENT. HOW LONG BEFORE SOME INNOCENT VICTIM RESISTED HIS ROBBERY ATTEMPT AND THEN THEY BECOME A VIUCTIM OF A STABBING.

well Chooka how about - he was in pursuit in an attempt to make an arrest, further - the driver of the MB was driving in a dangerous manner likely to cause injury or death to others

There are many aspects to a case like this it's not as black and white as you seem to think

Are Thai citizens authorised to engage in pursuits and break road rules to make a citizens arrest? Definitely are not where I come from and will be prosecuted if they did.

Chooka,

I'm sure you are well aware that the Victorian laws are very irrelevant in LOS.

Also, I didn't see the bit other than the headline 'high speed' , so I wonder what really happened, I mean how far was the chase, what speeds, how did the impact occur. Was the BMW driver physically effected by the injuries he received as a result of the punches?

Physical evidence at the scene will tell a very specific story, no doubt it was ignored.

Ohh well, it would seem this fellow won't be robing people at the. roadside anymore. Fortunately No innocent 3rd party people were injured.

• Like 2

I'm sorry Chooka, I have agreed with all your posts up till now, but if it is true that the guy robbed or tried to rob the BMW driver at knifepoint, then he got what he deserved.

• Like 2

Who is Thanee? nothing was said about that person. If someone tries robbing you at knife point and they end up dead isn't that a good thing?

For the most part, I agree. One less scumbag to threaten decent people. The only downside I see here is that the bmw driver could have hurt an innocent party while chasing the thief.

Maybe you have a point in your last sentence, but if someone stole from me in the same circumstances, then I would have done the same. If someone robs you at knifepoint, have you supposed to say to yourself, I'll just let him get away in case I hurt someone trying to catch him? I don't think so.

He's rather dedicated or not a good driver to end up with his car in someone's house.

It is claimed he ran into the thief 5555, did the thief drive into someones house?

Good job he didn't wreck that old clock on the wall.

Commenting on any Thai news story is a waste of time as you never get the full story from any party.

Wish that Webfact would stop posting this nonsense, no wonder most people on this forum hate Thailand.

What makes you say "most people on this forum hate Thailand"? I think it's the opposite, I would say the biggest majority of TV members are very happy to be here. I would also say that most of the TV members who hate Thailand don't even live here.

.......and how does said car owner make his money.....???

What's that got to do with it? If the car owner is, say a rich banker, do you think he deserved to be held up at knifepoint? There are many ways to skin a cat.

before you all join in the "som nam na" chorus I'd like to check that the bike did not cut him up and he rammed him then threw his wallet on the corpse claiming 'thief"!

IF he was a thief I have no sympathy in the slightest. Let's find out if he was 'scumbag' OR 'selfish bike rider vs angry motorist'

For once I am inclined to agree with you. Was it a case of covering his tracks or has Thailand found it's own Crint Eastwood.

For once I am inclined to agree with you. Was it a case of covering his tracks or has Thailand found it's own Crint Eastwood.

What? It's just a coincidence that the bike rider has jacked cars many times, the same way, in the past?

Are you part of his family, or something?

B-S, after being mugged and if it is found true that the suspect rammed his car, and it should be easy to investigate, then the suspect died from his own actions and no charges shoud be filed on the BM driver.

He has chased a guy in his vehicle at high speed which alone is an offence (Conduct endangering life) wether he intended to collide with the guy or not is irrelevant. It is a hands down Culpable Driving where I come from and I have charged a couple with the offence.

(1) Any person who by the culpable driving of a motor vehicle causes the death of another person shall be guilty of an indictable offence and shall be liable to level 3 imprisonment (20 years maximum) or a level 3 fine or both.

S. 318(2) amended by No. 127/1986 s. 102(Sch. 4 item 5.4).

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) a person drives a motor vehicle culpably if he drives the motor vehicle

(a) recklessly, that is to say, if he consciously and unjustifiably disregards a substantial risk that the death of another person or the infliction of grievous bodily harm upon another person may result from his driving; or

(cool.png negligently, that is to say, if he fails unjustifiably and to a gross degree to observe the standard of care which a reasonable man would have observed in all the circumstances of the case; or

© whilst under the influence of alcohol to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the motor vehicle; or

He will probably get off with a bond in oz...Go Pies

well Chooka how about - he was in pursuit in an attempt to make an arrest, further - the driver of the MB was driving in a dangerous manner likely to cause injury or death to others

There are many aspects to a case like this it's not as black and white as you seem to think

I guess the robbed wasn't a red shirt, and the robber was