• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chooka, on 10 May 2014 - 06:59, said:snapback.png

Charging the BMW driver? Nonsense.The man is a hero

cougar52, on 10 May 2014 - 06:37, said:snapback.png

chooka, on 10 May 2014 - 06:25, said:snapback.png

At the very least he should go down on manslaughter charges.

B-S, after being mugged and if it is found true that the suspect rammed his car, and it should be easy to investigate, then the suspect died from his own actions and no charges shoud be filed on the BM driver.

He has chased a guy in his vehicle at high speed which alone is an offence (Conduct endangering life) wether he intended to collide with the guy or not is irrelevant. It is a hands down Culpable Driving where I come from and I have charged a couple with the offence.

(1) Any person who by the culpable driving of a motor vehicle causes the death of another person shall be guilty of an indictable offence and shall be liable to level 3 imprisonment (20 years maximum) or a level 3 fine or both.

S. 318(2) amended by No. 127/1986 s. 102(Sch. 4 item 5.4).

(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) a person drives a motor vehicle culpably if he drives the motor vehicle

(a) recklessly, that is to say, if he consciously and unjustifiably disregards a substantial risk that the death of another person or the infliction of grievous bodily harm upon another person may result from his driving; or

(xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOI.png negligently, that is to say, if he fails unjustifiably and to a gross degree to observe the standard of care which a reasonable man would have observed in all the circumstances of the case; or

© whilst under the influence of alcohol to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the motor vehicle; or

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charging the BMW driver? Nonsense. The man is a hero. He wiped out a criminal. Whether it was intentional or not is immaterial. I hope more victims of crimes will start doing this. There is far too much crime and very many criminals get away with it.

A few years back I was out with my bicycle and whilst chatting to a member of the fairer sex, I let a friend ride around on my bicycle. So when it wasn't where it was supposed to be, I wasn't too perturbed. But a taxi driver on the other side of the road said he saw someone ride off with it. The person whom he described, did not fit the description of my friend.

I had a little run around to see if I could find the person, but saw nothing. The taxi driver told me to jump into his car and suggested we drive around. Incredibly, we found the perpetrator a mile away, struggle to cope with the high geared bicycle.

We drove alongside him and knocked him off the bike and whilst he was lying on the ground, I went closer to 'speak' with him. He begged for mercy and the taxi driver implored me to desist. So we left him lying in the road, like the dirty snake he represented.

If it was a speeding motorbike, I can see how it could have all turned out differently.

• Like 1

At the very least he should go down on manslaughter charges.

In the perfect world yes, but this isn't so I doubt much will become of this

In your 'perfect world' the mugger's family would probably get compensation from the driver for loss of earnings.

In my perfect world there is no crime, so muggers don't exist.

I think your 'perfect world' is a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1