Suspect Request !

alj6700

I have a house in Chiang Mai and currently renting it out to a European lady ,she has contacted me say that she plans on opening a buisness in Chiang mai and she has asked me if i can send here a copy of our blue book and my Thai wife's Id as she needs this to set up the business.

I am just a bit concerned about her request as she may try and do something that is not legal ,,,ie sell my house or take out a loan or something like that for her benefit .

Any need for concern ??

Ask her for more detailed information. She probably needs a confirmation from the landlady (your wife) that she is staying there. If you give her the ID card and tabbian ban (house registration book) copies, on those copies should be written that they are given for this purpose only. It sounds a bit like this lady doesn't know herself exactly what documentation she needs.

Edited by keestha
  • Like 1

A European lady selling your house (the house is in your name?) with just using copies of blue book and ID card of your wife?

No original documents, no original signatures?

No way.

Obviously the house is not in your name and she needs proof about the house master (your wife?).

I thinks is acceptable to ask her what business she plans to start and how it is related to (using?) the house!

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts ,you never can tell what would happen if the wrong documents fall into the wrong hands .

I can just picture it ,I come back to CM and the house has been knocked down and a 7eleven has popped up on my land,,,

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ask her for more detailed information. She probably needs a confirmation from the landlady (your wife) that she is staying there. If you give her the ID card and tabbian ban (house registration book) copies, on those copies should be written that they are given for this purpose only. It sounds a bit like this lady doesn't know herself exactly what documentation she needs.

No good; i know of a similar case where the person blanked out the added words on the bottom and just copied it again, so blank where it mattered.

OP; you are not in control ( or your wife isn't ) if you are not here, so the answer must be NO !

She would need these documents if she wanted to use your house as the location for the business, however, if she does this, the taxes on your house will increase quite a bit. Does the lease state that the house is not to be used for commercial purposes?

i am guessing it is needed for proof of her address. ask her to send you the documents (fax) that state she needs it.

i had to supply similar to immig for a different visa. i gave the docs to the land lord and he sorted it all himself and gave them to immig himself. .so i never saw his docs. i was pleased to have it done like this. he then gave me a confirm doc from immig and i took that back to them

if she is legit you are going to lose a tenant. she will find some else who can do it.

Edited by Cheeby Luva

My house is in Moo ban Palm Springs ,mahidol rd.

I am currently in Canada

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Are you the legal owner of the house and do you have a permit to run a property renting business? Most do not and somehow doubt you are an exception to the rule.

My 2 golden rules as an ex-pat living in Thailand: stay within the boundaries of Thai law at all times and never get involved. Whatever you decide, you do so at your own risk and discretion, but my advice is, stay well behind the scenes like most of them do and instruct the person who`s name is fronting the property ownership and the renting company, to refuse the tenants requests.

• Like 2

Sounds like a legit request to me.

I can imagine if some of scam buster posters here, on this thread, had the same request to their landords and were declined, they would , be the first ones to rerun to Thaivisa and start athread calling the landlord all the pricks under the sun.wanting to file a police report and get lawyers involved.

• Like 1

you know on every copy of any document you state the reason over it in Thai.

Like: "This copy is for opening a business only". Of course you ask who needs it and why and write this details on it as well.

Very big over it.......Of course it can be removed.....but better than nothing.

And date, of course

Edited by h90

When I was selling a motorcycle, I had to get my landlady to go the local police station and sign a copy of her tabian baan and ID along with a form verifying that I lived in the townhouse that I was renting from her. So, I would not be surprised to see a similar request for someone opening a business.

However, as others have pointed out, I would not want a tenant opening up a business in a property that I was renting to them. If she is intending to operate the business on your premises, I would not agree. If she will be operating the business elsewhere and simply needs to verify her personal address, you might tell her to have the relevant office in Thailand talk to your wife and discuss how to give her the paperwork she needs while limiting your liability and risk.

Edited by otherstuff1957

I would be hesitant and need more information. It's likely a legitamate request. These documents are needed when running a company from home. (I have been in this spot before).

Check with her to find out exactly what shea doing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

My apologies OP,

After reading through these other posts I see my accusation this is surely a she-devil out to feast on your very soul might be a slight exaggeration.

Please withdraw my earlier warning and allow more experienced advisors to guide you.

When I was selling a motorcycle, I had to get my landlady to go the local police station and sign a copy of her tabian baan and ID along with a form verifying that I lived in the townhouse that I was renting from her. So, I would not be surprised to see a similar request for someone opening a business.

However, as others have pointed out, I would not want a tenant opening up a business in a property that I was renting to them. If she is intending to operate the business on your premises, I would not agree. If she will be operating the business elsewhere and simply needs to verify her personal address, you might tell her to have the relevant office in Thailand talk to your wife and discuss how to give her the paperwork she needs while limiting your liability and risk.

That may be so outside of Thailand....but here the only way to limit your liability and risk is to NOT DO IT in the first place...especially here.

• Like 2

What a load of BS answers.

From the OP's post the lady intends to open a business in Chiang Mai - he never said in (his) the OP's house. In order to do that she will need proof of her residence, ie: a copy of the blue book authenticated by the owner, ie; your girlfriends ID card.

On the copies just make it noted, in Thai, that the purpose of these copies is to warrant where she currently stays - nothing else.

I often wonder how some people can survive here with their rampant theory that everybody is out to get them!

• Like 2