Suspect Request !

alj6700

Seriously, you had to come and ask here?

She wants to run a business from the residential house she is renting from you.

Maybe a restaurant, massage shop, motorcycle repair, karaoke...does it really matter?

The answer is an emphatic no...much the same answer she would give to you if the roles were reversed.

Play by their rules.

Money lenders will only lend money or buy, If the person has the chanut for the property, The loan amount will be written on the back of the chanut. Even if some one buys the property they will have to pay back the money lender. Usually they just sit and wait for the default of the payment, then step in and take the land cheaply, that's how the big money people get land .

Edited by Thongkorn

Sounds perfectly legit to me.

What she needs to do is send you a standard letter / form (easily obtained from a lawyer for little money) which the owner of the house as per the Tabien Baan fills in. This form says something along the lines of " I _____ allow Ms. European Lady to use the property for business under these terms blah blah blah".

Without this release form from the Jao Baan she can't get her business registered.

Seems like she's trying to do things properly.

Whether or not you agree with her running a business from your property is another matter, of course.

PS. I've done it myself a few times in the past : that is, written to my Thai landlord asking for official permission to use my rented condo / rowhouse as the official registered premise for a legal entity, both for profit and not-for-profit. No problems whatsoever and I don't believe it affects the landlord in any way shape or form. If it did I think I would have heard about it by now!

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

Anyway thanks for all your comments,

I have looked into to the matter a bit more and from what can see it would mainly be a tax problem , ie I would have to pay tax if my property is related to a business . My problem is the tenant may leave without paying taxes and leave me to sort out the problem therefore she has been given a no on her request as of yesterday .

Cheers all

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

I have a friend who is a Spa Health worker in C..M., Her husband is a govt architect and their family members are all around visa and travel agents and such..maybe ask Eve to check out it out.. She would go and speak to our European..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app