Men Going shirtless in the LOS. acceptable or not

danasutton

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the village i see a lot of the old guys walking around the houses shirtless,but i never see it in the local town,on the beach or at the pool okay,but elsewhere i think it just portrays you as classless.

hahahaha at first I thought you'd written : 'a lot of the old guys wanking around the houses shirtless' ... cheesy.gif

We see a lot of men without brains walking around in Pattaya and they don't seem to get in trouble.

If you worked in the police station on night shift you woud find a huge amount get in trouble every night of the week

Just because the bib are happy to empty their pockets and let them go out to do it again unrecorded doesn't mean they weren't there in the first place...

I think you should test it out and see if you are arrested or yelled at. thumbsup.gif

​Going shirtless on a motorbike, they probably just think you're a loon. Ever slid along gravel?

If this is your biggest worry in the LOS you are truly lucky, but if you think you will get a correct response here to "is going shirtless illegal" don't bet a baht on it.

I think you should test it out and see if you are arrested or yelled at. thumbsup.gif

​Going shirtless on a motorbike, they probably just think you're a loon. Ever slid along gravel?

If this is your biggest worry in the LOS you are truly lucky, but if you think you will get a correct response here to "is going shirtless illegal" don't bet a baht on it.

Seen a few shirtless thai guys of late...not crazy ones, some working and hot, some not working and still hot.

As for whining by foreigners on other threads about foreigners going into a 7/11 or such across the road from a beach, or in their man shorts etc...get a life, its across the road from the beach.

Also the complaints from foreigners re shorts in government offices or immigration....I have never worn long pants to immigration...never been kicked out either and as for government offices.....well, the other day in the Amphur I saw at least 4 guys in shorts during my 30min or so there...so go figure....thai to they were...amazing.

• Like 1

The only thing worse than seeing a shirtless guy is seeing one with a tank top and massively ugly tattoos. That is the height of tat.

(Why does anyone get a tattoo? Genuine question. They are nearly always tasteless and vomitous.)

• Like 1

I accept women going topless.

+1

Khun Payboy ... no more likes.

I need some visual evidience as for which is 'acceptable' and which is not ... IMHO

I could post something for you Khun David, but I won't, because I don't have cute twins to keep me occupied during the resulting holiday period.

I have a an athletic body with not much flab so I don't think I am obscene to anyone.

Wrong. Keep it at the beach and at the swimming pool.

"Wrong. Keep it at the beach and at the swimming pool."

Yes, along the beach, no problem. But the hirsute shirtless soap-dodgers (they seem to go together) hanging over the salad bar or veggie section in the supermarket are more than disgusting and squeezing onto a crowded lift/elevator is beyond disgusting.

There need to be more of these signs distributed about. The shoe thing is less of a problem. Flip-flops or sandals with feet kept on the floor is OK.

NHE-9591-Black_on_White_300.gif

Edited by Suradit69

Up country I was sitting outside some shops when a copper that I knew came up to me and said Pa is that your son in the shop.I said yes he said I will talk to him when he comes out.He spoke to him I was back in the car.I asked him what the copper said and he said he told me to put my shirt on.He told me the other day he went into 7/11 and the guy asked him where he came from and that he should wear a shirt.We went home and I said to his wife what had happened and she said I tell him all the time to put him shirt on,it is all right here at baan when you leave you must always wear a shirt.

Edited by mickjn

I also wanted to mention the importance of getting vitamin D which you get from the sun. I lift weights and I do not have a beer belly. I have no tattoos. I do not walk into stores shirtless only on my motor bike and only out on the long highways. Thanks for all the comments and I will consider riding shirtless in the future.

'I have heard of Katoys - ladyboys being arrested for going shirtless but I don't know the status of their chests! implants or hormones could be a factor.'

===============================

if you walk along pattaya beach you will see a lot of unsightly (ugly) guys with bigger breasts than any ladyboy. no chemicals or hormones involved. beer and pies certainly!

but a little common sense goes a long way Danny boy. according to your mug shot you are no spring chicken - so unless you want people to think you are a arse then keep your shirt on. no one needs to walk around shirtless to get a bit sun.

oh, wearing a hat would make your face less unsightly. so you may consider that. think of others danny - you are not pretty!

Edited by jonesthebaker
  • Like 1

I also wanted to mention the importance of getting vitamin D which you get from the sun. I lift weights and I do not have a beer belly. I have no tattoos. I do not walk into stores shirtless only on my motor bike and only out on the long highways. Thanks for all the comments and I will consider riding shirtless in the future.

Have you seen the movie One Hour Photo?

• Like 1