Men Going shirtless in the LOS. acceptable or not

danasutton

I have heard that if a man takes off his shirt and walks down the street people with think he is crazy. It is illegal to do this?

Several times while riding my motor bike on the hot main ring roads I have take off my shirt for a suntan. I got a few smiles and I hope I am not offending anyone. I also joined the pool at Hillside condo in CM and it is a great place to work on my tan and swim. I have heard of Katoys - ladyboys being arrested for going shirtless but I don't know the status of their chests! implants or hormones could be a factor. I have a an athletic body with not much flab so I don't think I am obscene to anyone. Should I go shirtless? Is there a chance that I could be arrested or yelled at? Any ideas on this will be welcomed.

thanks ,

Dan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the village i see a lot of the old guys walking around the houses shirtless,but i never see it in the local town,on the beach or at the pool okay,but elsewhere i think it just portrays you as classless.

Or shirtless..........whistling.gif

• Like 1

'working on your tan...'

hopefully nanotech I'll save you..we former Californians found out that one only gets ..how many sunburns in life..what is it..3 times..?? Thais, Hawaiians, Philipinos, Africans have melanin..

aloha

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

In the village i see a lot of the old guys walking around the houses shirtless,but i never see it in the local town,on the beach or at the pool okay,but elsewhere i think it just portrays you as classless.

Or shirtless..........whistling.gif

Some lose their shirt at the races.

maybe some birds had the shirt from there backs,,lol

sorry ill get my coat

pigeons in shirts or coats ... I'm confused ... laugh.png

• Like 1

Do you know what melanoma is? Keeping walking about without a shirt and you will know soon enough.

And yes, it is considered offensive to go about shirtless. Despite the crass image of Bangla Rd and Walking Street and Patpong, Thailand is a conservative place when it comes to displays of flesh. Only whores, the mentally ill and disrespectful foreigners walk about in public without a shirt.

I dare you to say that to all the men in my village,of all ages and shapes.I just follow their lead.You would have to be insane to wear cloths in this heat.

• Like 1

I have a an athletic body with not much flab so I don't think I am obscene to anyone.

Wrong. Keep it at the beach and at the swimming pool.

Beach and swimming pool, only acceptable place for a gentleman, however I have absolutely no objection at all to young ladies going topless wherever they please clap2.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

... from TAT "It is culturally not allowed to go without a Shirt or wear just a Bikini away from the beach"
(Or words to that effect - can't be bothered to look it up again,,,)

That includes Lady boys in Speedos.

Also Look up "Quality Tourist", and "Brainless Retirees" and...

• Like 1