DONOVAN VISIT

My neighbour, Gypsy Dave was 60s singing icon, Donovans right hand man and is still a close friend speaking with him most weeks. Gypsy is trying to encourage Donovan to visit Thailand first as a friend but also to perform a concert or two at a couple of smallish/medium venues. He does still perform around the World singing his hits like Mellow Yellow and the Hurdy Gurdy Man together with more recent songs that he is continually writing, but has yet to visit the LOS.

I am writing this to determine if he is still remembered by the masses here and how much support would he receive from you guys if he could be persuaded to honour us with a concert. Let me know.

I recall riding my scooter from Eastbourne to West London to watch him perform at some venue, a scary ride but worth the effort.

I would certainly be near the front of a queue for a ticket.

I can relate to that OG

It's his birthday today .....68.....where did those years go?

I recall riding my scooter from Eastbourne to West London to watch him perform at some venue, a scary ride but worth the effort.

But did us Mods really like his stuff........?

Depends on the aerial length on your Lambretta (or was it only Vespa's)?

Anyway if you had a greenish/khaki parka Donovan was OK. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Noooooooooooooo aerials on my scoots....w00t.gif .As I recall the guy was jumping on the "Bob Dillon" band wagon, yeh had a couple of hits but......

I"d be interested. Once met Gipsy many moon ago and he invited me to Donovan birthday party in Roi Et. Didn't make it, so I"d be up for it this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Noooooooooooooo aerials on my scoots....w00t.gif .As I recall the guy was jumping on the "Bob Dillon" band wagon, yeh had a couple of hits but......

Mellow Trans..........Mellow Yellow. wink.png

I"d be interested. Once met Gipsy many moon ago and he invited me to Donovan birthday party in Roi Et. Didn't make it, so I"d be up for it this time.

Roi Et is in Thailand last time I checked.

Did you notice in the OP that Gypsy is encouraging Donovan to visit Thailand for the first time ?

• Like 1

And it's one two three what are we fighting for, don't ask me I dont give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

That is from a Country Joe and the fish song

Edited by rucus7

Did you notice in the OP that Gypsy is encouraging Donovan to visit Thailand for the first time ?

Please re-read that post as it doesn't say its his first time. If you think he hasn't ever been here, I suggest you visit the White Elephant Restaurant in Roi Et where you will see numerous photo's of his visits or was that all just Intergalactic Laxative?.

Please re-read that post as it doesn't say its his first time. If you think he hasn't ever been here, I suggest you visit the White Elephant Restaurant in Roi Et where you will see numerous photo's of his visits or was that all just Intergalactic Laxative?.

Maybe the OP can clarify but when I read, Gypsy is trying to encourage Donovan to visit Thailand first as a friend but also to perform a concert, then I understand that he hasn't been to Thailand yet.

Maybe the OP can clarify but when I read, Gypsy is trying to encourage Donovan to visit Thailand first as a friend but also to perform a concert, then I understand that he hasn't been to Thailand yet.

I can see the confusion Jesse.

I think what is meant, is that the OP want him to visit ...

1) as a friend

and

2) to perform a concert.

Have a great day!

Jesse. Still disrupting posts! DoILookLikeIGiveADamn is correct as the proper knowledge of the English language will show. Incidentally, Donovan has never performed a concert here in Thailand. Comment all you wish you are now on my ¨Ignore¨ list!

Thanks to everyone; there certainly is a knowledge base out there! Keep the responses coming if you wish as they are interesting and useful. Gypsy has and will continue to make a record of your responses and will speak with Donovan, who incidentally has no knowledge about this post. I am helping Gypsy Dave in enticing his colleague and soul mate over for a visit. We are not getting any younger!

My neighbour, Gypsy Dave was 60s singing icon, Donovans right hand man and is still a close friend speaking with him most weeks. Gypsy is trying to encourage Donovan to visit Thailand first as a friend but also to perform a concert or two at a couple of smallish/medium venues. He does still perform around the World singing his hits like Mellow Yellow and the Hurdy Gurdy Man together with more recent songs that he is continually writing, but has yet to visit the LOS.

I am writing this to determine if he is still remembered by the masses here and how much support would he receive from you guys if he could be persuaded to honour us with a concert. Let me know.

I have mad respect for the man; season of the witch, atlantis, hurdy gurdy man

If he shows up in los im there!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jesse. Still disrupting posts! DoILookLikeIGiveADamn is correct as the proper knowledge of the English language will show. Incidentally, Donovan has never performed a concert here in Thailand. Comment all you wish you are now on my ¨Ignore¨ list!

Yeah it looks like you give a damn, since you keep getting upset and replying, and putting people on ignore is the best proof that you aren't able to defend yourself.

So why don't you just answer if Donovan has visited Thailand previously or not ? Well you don't, because that would make your OP nominated for the most ridiculous of 2005 - 2014

Oh, I know someone who has a cousin who had a friend in school which always visit a bar where one drunk frequents who knows Elton Johns housekeeper.

What would you think about a concert ?