Seven foreigners caught Gambling on horse races in a Pattaya Bar

Rimmer

How does the undercover foreigner sleep with himself at night? Putting his fellow countrymen in the nick for gambling on horse racing.

He can sleep because miraculously his legs are not in casts, and he's not in a hospital bed. And That's a crime

Edited by technologybytes
  • Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank God those hard core criminals are now off the streets.

No doubt the crack team of cops that arrested them will be worked to exhaustion arresting Thais gambling on the up and coming FIFA matches.

Thank god, we can all sleep better tonight knowing these guys are off the streetcheesy.gif

Seems like its not a problem????

Ihave a friend and the house next door has been rented, and they gamble, sell booze without a license and generaly are very noisy. Bikes, maybe 20 turning up some nights, and leaving about 4-5am, shouting goodnight, speeding and revving bikes. Smoke fumes and smells of beer, makes him shut his windows from 7pm.

This is ok is it, breaking many l;aws, but they are only playing cards

If they lived next door to me, i would get the police or petrol bomb the mother fxxxxxs

Your problem as you are describing it has very little to do with gambling...

Has to do with many Thais into gambling, gathering in a private dwelling, perhaps paying a captain somewhere, making noise all night, untouchables, and not caring at all about the disturbance they cause to other neighbours...

This is a case of friends gathering in a bar, where noise is expected, with some money to spend, and not disturbing anybody....

• Like 2

Why can't foreigners in Thailand just gamble on the gambling sites outside Thailand like everyone else ? I get paid directly into my paypal account. No need to goto a bar and look stupid.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

Ihave a friend and the house next door has been rented, and they gamble, sell booze without a license and generaly are very noisy. Bikes, maybe 20 turning up some nights, and leaving about 4-5am, shouting goodnight, speeding and revving bikes. Smoke fumes and smells of beer, makes him shut his windows from 7pm.

If they lived next door to me, i would get the police or petrol bomb the mother fxxxxxs

Has to do with many Thais into gambling, gathering in a private dwelling, perhaps paying a captain somewhere, making noise all night, untouchables, and not caring at all about the disturbance they cause to other neighbours...

This is a case of friends gathering in a bar, where noise is expected, with some money to spend, and not disturbing anybody....

Geez I remember a few weeks ago I was with some friends from Australia and we went to a bar to watch the football (real football AFL). We had a bet, 1st goal per quarter = 1 beer. I walked away 3 beers in front. Geez I could have been arrested for this gambling with mates.

Why can't foreigners in Thailand just gamble on the gambling sites outside Thailand like everyone else ? I get paid directly into my paypal account. No need to goto a bar and look stupid.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Re read the report

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank the Lord this evil crime and criminals have been busted.

Obviously it is time for a 'Crackdown' so we can have a Gambling free Resort town for Quality Tourists.

coffee1.gif

The usual Hypocracy: you must lose your money on a Government approved outlet, such as a Thai Race course, even though Gambling is illegal in Thailand!

And I'm not even going to get into a discussion about Playing cards (illegal),and the Thai Lottery (legal). Almost forgot: Stocks and Shares,the gamble is: will they go up or down,place your money folks and find out!

Edited by MAJIC

7 Foreign Horse Racing Gamblers caught at Central Pattaya Bar

horse-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Saturday Afternoon an undercover operation took place at a Bar in Central Pattaya where foreign nationals were accused of placing bets on Australian Horse Races and led to the arrest of 6 Australians and 1 New Zealander.

A foreign Police operative was sent inside the Valentines Guest House & Ned Kelly Bar in Soi Lengki off Pattaya Third Road and is reported to have placed bets on various horse races totaling 1,800 Baht of marked bank notes. As soon as the bets were placed, the signal was given for Police Officers to move in.

6 Australian Nationals and a New Zealander, named as Mr. Phillip Smith aged 59, were arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station. The Thai owner of the bar was able to escape and is currently being sought by Police.

Mr. Smith was identified as the organizer of the gambling by Police. He would place bets through an online betting service, on behalf of foreign patrons, who would then be able to watch live horse races via the internet,
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127809/7-foreign-horse-racing-gamblers-caught-at-central-pattaya-bar/#sthash.5C1JJS37.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-12

What about the race courses in Bangkok, ive been at one all day Sunday gambling , professionally run, betting booths , full sized course, and full sized horses, strangely enough.

Loads of Thai's ,some will even give you tips , cause its all fixed. Ten of us went up by mini bus , great day beer and all , and some won a few baht .

What about the race courses in Bangkok, ive been at one all day Sunday gambling , professionally run, betting booths , full sized course, and full sized horses, strangely enough.

Loads of Thai's ,some will even give you tips , cause its all fixed. Ten of us went up by mini bus , great day beer and all , and some won a few baht .

"Cause it's all fixed"

Is this just an assumption? If it's not, can you please explain how the whole fixing thing works and how you know this to be true?

Six of foreigners caught were Australian with Mr. Philip Smith, a New Zealander aged 59 as the head of the gambling team.

Never mind about the 6, hang the Kiwi.

The Kiwi should be given an award for taking cash of the Aussies.

They have been sponging of the Australian welfare system for years.

That's payback for nicking Pharlap, Pavlova, and Crowded House. Anyway, Sydney is NZ's 3rd largest city so it seems only fair. whistling.gif

You can have Rusty back!

7 Foreign Horse Racing Gamblers caught at Central Pattaya Bar

horse-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--On Saturday Afternoon an undercover operation took place at a Bar in Central Pattaya where foreign nationals were accused of placing bets on Australian Horse Races and led to the arrest of 6 Australians and 1 New Zealander.

A foreign Police operative was sent inside the Valentines Guest House & Ned Kelly Bar in Soi Lengki off Pattaya Third Road and is reported to have placed bets on various horse races totaling 1,800 Baht of marked bank notes. As soon as the bets were placed, the signal was given for Police Officers to move in.

6 Australian Nationals and a New Zealander, named as Mr. Phillip Smith aged 59, were arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station. The Thai owner of the bar was able to escape and is currently being sought by Police.

Mr. Smith was identified as the organizer of the gambling by Police. He would place bets through an online betting service, on behalf of foreign patrons, who would then be able to watch live horse races via the internet,

- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127809/7-foreign-horse-racing-gamblers-caught-at-central-pattaya-bar/#sthash.5C1JJS37.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2014-05-12

Judging by the photo the fashion police had a part to play in this sting operation.

Thanks for a level playing field wirat69 !! You are correct to point that out.

Chooka it is sad in this day in age you reflect the racist atitudes prevalent in many areas throughout Australia. But I'm so happy not all Australians feel like you. Even those that live in and around St Kilda.

I love Australians and I in my every day life believe in the mateship forged by the Diggers of past. Chill out on the slanging mate.

It's a sad day on TV if Ozzy's and Kiwi's cant have a joke at each others expense,as i'm sure our Digger forefathers did.If we 2 countries cant joke,we're doomed.Excuse Chook,check AFL ladder and youll know why he's grumpy.

Go Powa.

Ok the law is the law and they broke it. The police were only doing their job which I understand, but what is with the snitch. Nobody likes scum like that especially one who snitches on their own. (in this case a foreigner snitching on another foreigner). Who is this scum and why wasn't his name mentioned? I am wondering, what crime did he commit? My guess and I am only guessing, is that he did something wrong so he helped the police in order to get off his punishment.

What is all this foreigner love for another foreigner tripe.What would an Ozzy for example have in common with an Italian or a French person or a Bulgarian or Brazilian.Same country i can understand.

Geez I remember a few weeks ago I was with some friends from Australia and we went to a bar to watch the football (real football AFL). We had a bet, 1st goal per quarter = 1 beer. I walked away 3 beers in front. Geez I could have been arrested for this gambling with mates.

You must have been backing the other team.

You must have been backing the other team.

Saints V Bombers game

What a "hero" the foreign grass is. Probably another one of those sad Foreign Police volunteers. His family must be so proud of him.

I bet think he's a police volunteer. Wannabe cops.