May 11, 201412 yr I have a new passport. I need to transfer my old stamps and visas to my new passport. I have both Passports. Do I need any documents from my UK embassy? if so, how much do they charge for them. Also does Thai Immigration charge for this service? Cheers.
May 11, 201412 yr Just go to the Immigration and get them to transfer your visa Expect to pay a bit of tea money when i done mine I paid 500 baht but that was in Issan might be more else where.No need to visit the Embassy
May 11, 201412 yr Immigration will not transfer Visas. They will transfer Immigration stamps. The service should be free. They might want a letter from the Embassy saying that you have been issued with a new passport. It depends on where you apply
May 11, 201412 yr If you have an extension of stay they will transfer your current extension stamp and do an annotation of your last visa entry/permit to stay you have been extending. You will need to fill out this form http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/transferstamp.pdf Have copies of your new and old passport photo pages. Old passports visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and current extension of stay. Plus TM6 departure card. If your immigration office requires the letter from the embassy it can be obtained by mail. You will need to contact them and email a scan of your old and new passports to them.
May 11, 201412 yr Visa's can not be transferred, use your old passport and new passport , until the visa runs out, simple.
May 11, 201412 yr Ten years ago Nong Khai immigration wanted a letter from the British Embassy who at that time didn't provide such a letter. Immigration were happy with the receipt from the Embassy for the new passport and transferred my permission to stay and that was free. In January this year Khon Kaen office didn't want a letter for my new passport but did want 200 baht which I happily paid rather than carry two passports around with me.
May 11, 201412 yr Just go to the Immigration and get them to transfer your visa Expect to pay a bit of tea money when i done mine I paid 500 baht but that was in Issan might be more else where.No need to visit the Embassy Why would you pay tea money for a free service ?.....must have seen you coming...
Create an account or sign in to comment