Dusit Poll: Thailand should address political issue ASAP

Lite Beer

Dusit Poll: Thailand should address political issue ASAP

BANGKOK, 11 May 2014, (NNT) - The local survey researcher Dusit Poll, reports that 92.35 % of Thais questioned in a survey, agreed that Thailand should address its political impasse as soon as possible. The poll, titled "Public views on Political Exit Strategies", conducted from May 8th - 10th, involved 1,308 poll takers.

The survey shows that the great majority of the survey takers or 92.35% are in agreement that all sectors should make their first priority the solving of the political conflict. The long running issue affects the nation's development, image, and stability.

About 89% say that the issue has a negative effect on the economy, the people's quality of life, investors' confidence level and activity in the industrial sector.

Approximately 85.02% of the poll takers said that the prolonged political turmoil has caused a deterioration in moral and ethical values, as the issue creates social loopholes for narcotic distribution and the committing of crimes.

Regarding the suggested political exit strategies, 29.31% said all sides should remain calm and take a step back to consider things thoroughly, and 22.41% said related entities should think about benefiting the nation first, while learning to forgive & forget.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-11 footer_n.gif

"Regarding the suggested political exit strategies, 29.31% said all sides should remain calm and take a step back to consider things thoroughly, and 22.41% said related entities should think about benefiting the nation first, while learning to forgive & forget."

What did the other 48.28% say?

Carry on as usual?

• Like 1

The poll, titled "Public views on Political Exit Strategies", conducted from May 8th - 10th, involved 1,308 poll takers.

1,308 out 77 million. Great sample ratio.

I followed up this poll and asked the sea gypsies collecting shells in the low tide mud.

They said every thing is ok.

So I asked them who was the PM.

They answered "Yingluck "

When you have a feudal war lord, hiding, and controlling his forces from afar, You can not negotiate, it is my way or die. The press is already telling us if the war lord does not get his way there will be civil war. Is this a way to negotiate. Sounds more like Stalin or Hitler.

and Putin

The poll, titled "Public views on Political Exit Strategies", conducted from May 8th - 10th, involved 1,308 poll takers.

I followed up this poll and asked the sea gypsies collecting shells in the low tide mud.

.........and what did the fairies tell you?

they don't have enough sense to see that both sides red and yellow are being manipulated by the one in exile. if the whole country can't see this together maybe its a culture not worth saving anyway.

The Thai press uses "polls" as a proxy for intelligent writing and scholarship. The reasons are easy to see, Thais have no editorial conceptual thinkers, and the Thai readership can more easily understand simple childlike poll points more readily than having to interpret illogical disjointed articles written in the Nation.

Dusit should poll all of Bangkok, fill in the answers that suit the pollsters then advise the good citizens that is where they are heading with Suthep if they don't get a grip. Suthep will not be letting them have any input into his crazed new world, nor anychance to vote him out when it goes tits up!!

Then ask if they believe in democracy as a follow up question.

It would be useful to know how the poll was conducted (phone; in person; post card, etc.). How was it sampled: random with replacement; stratified by geography, urban/rural/ age/ income, etc. What was the margin of error?

It would be useful to know how the poll was conducted (phone; in person; post card, etc.). How was it sampled: random with replacement; stratified by geography, urban/rural/ age/ income, etc. What was the margin of error?

Why you falang aks diffikul qweshun? Me and students go BTS stashun and get answer 1000+ khon....then gin kaow and put ansa in computa and emails to boss...then we goes shopping.

What would be a proper sample size? a quick google at wikipedia says a sample size of approx 1,000 could be expected to be accurate +- 3% 95%of the time. It does depend on the methodology and whether the polling sample is random and representative. If they only polled registered UDD leadership or registered PDRC leadership that would of course be ludicrous.

1,308 poll takers seems a reasonable number for a political poll. It's not a referendum, merely an indicator of public opinion (of the questions and how they are asked).