May 11, 201412 yr I was at immigration at Ladprao this past Tuesday as my Non B visa had expired. I applied for a 60 day extension based on marriage. I previously have done this twice before. I was refused my extension and given a 7 day extension and had to do a border run today to Poipet I was told by the immigration officer that I could only do the 60 day extension based on marriage only once (despite having it done twice already) . Does anyone know anything about this? Is this correct? I assumed that there was no limitations on doing this and as a result I'm in a bit of a predicament as I am in between jobs at the moment.
May 11, 201412 yr The rule seems to once per entry. The 60 day extension is for visiting your wife, not for living with her. From Police order 777/25512.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.(1) Proof of relationship.(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto. Can you not apply for the one year extension?
May 11, 201412 yr OP, I'm assuming you mean doing a visa-exempt entry at the Poipet border? What was the result of that visa run (in light of the new policy on visa exempt entries)?
May 11, 201412 yr Per above, the 60 day extension is given 1 time per entry only. Thanks - to avoid misunderstandings: Can the 60 day extension be made on any visa - including tourist visa? Does 1 time per entry mean that if you have received the extension, and next acquire a completely new visa from abroad, you can get an extension once again?
May 11, 201412 yr Author OP, I'm assuming you mean doing a visa-exempt entry at the Poipet border? What was the result of that visa run (in light of the new policy on visa exempt entries)? All was fine at Poipet today.
May 11, 201412 yr This has come up before where a person got the 60 day extension and then did one year extensions for a few years and then was denied another 60 day extension. It means an immigration officer went back through several stamps to find it.
May 11, 201412 yr Author Sorry for going on, I'm really not clued up on visas. Maybe I was denied because I did a 60 day extension and Got a 90 day Non B and didn't leave the country before reapplying. So for instance. Now that I left the country and re entered today. Am I again eligible for the 60 day extension?
May 11, 201412 yr Sorry for going on, I'm really not clued up on visas. Maybe I was denied because I did a 60 day extension and Got a 90 day Non B and didn't leave the country before reapplying. So for instance. Now that I left the country and re entered today. Am I again eligible for the 60 day extension? Where did you get the the non-b? I suspect it was a conversion to a non immigrant visa at immigration. You can get a 60 day extension for your new entry.
May 11, 201412 yr Author That good to know and have it cleared up as I only have 1 page left in my UK passport and I don't have to to worry about applying for a new one quickly and hoping it gets back here in 30 days. Thanks for all the advice/info.
May 11, 201412 yr You should get the 60 day extension done soon and make the application for your new passport. It might take 2 months to get your new passport from what have read in the UK passport topics.
Create an account or sign in to comment