webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Sand

More Beach

More graft opportunities

... giving more public area for the touts to claim as their own and charge tourists to sit on the Beach Chairs.

so many better uses for that spend if the intent was to prosper the Tourist Numbers to Pattaya

... not the tourist take from Tourists.

I'm trying to think where in Europe I could sit on the beach chairs for free....last one my wife took in Spain was the equivalent to 500 Bt. but I'll keep trying, might come up with one in the next 10 yrs.

I hear what you are saying.

My intent is that there would be a section of the beach where there were no deck chairs ... you are free to toss the towel down and enjoy.

No need for a deck chair.

Beginning this year, me and my girlfriend went to Pattaya to visit 4 good friends from France. They planned to stay a couple of days in Pattaya before traveling down to Cambodia. We stayed at the Mountain Beach Resort (loaded with Russians) and together with 2 friends we decided to take a dip in the sea nearby while the girls stayed at the poolside.

Three weeks later our friends came down to Bangkok after their journey through Cambodia before returning to France a week later. I suffered with a slight illness and my body was covered with skin rash and blisters. I went to the Bangkok Hospital before, they thought about an alleric reaction and got some creams and an antibiotic. It didn't help. Meeting my 2 friends in Bangkok, learning that they were suffering with the same. While the girls didn't have any thing.

We all went to the Bangkok Hospital and they tested us all, blood test and skin tests. Result:

a Staphylococcus Aureus infection due to contaminated water. While the doctor asked us if we went swimming somewhere we told him, the 3 of us went swimming near Mountain Beach in Pattaya. The doctor told us it was a very common infection due to swimming near the Pattaya waters. He has advised us not to swim in the sea near Pattaya or Phuket while the waters there are extremely contaminated but using a pool at a resort.

• Like 1

'The first 15 m of the project will involve a sandbag wall then 20 m of fill in sand.' So the decaying sandbag mess that can be seen at the North end of the beach will now extend for the entire 3 km. of beach.

Say it isnt so ...

So we have the majority paying for the "renovation" of a beach from which the commercial profits go to a few?

CLEAN water is the issue . Spend the money on sewerage treatment and beach cleaning!

A novel idea of creating more useable sand would be to simply remove all the businesses on it.

Having a fully operational sewage treatment works/removing the CSO's would be a better use of the money

Also paying beachcombers to pick up the rubbish throughout the day. Same would like to see in Rayong as well, way too much litter and there are people who would do this job for buttons. It's not difficult

haha...they cant even keep the exsiting beach clean and neat....the thai answer...no customers..raise the prices.change the landscape..attitude...as the prices in thailand rise and rise....im washing my own clothes,growing my own vegetables,cleaning my own condo,brewing my own beer.....now ...if i can just raise some chickens and learn to s@#$K my own c$%^K,i can live here for free.....stop the insanity...

To extend the three-km beachfront to the eventual 35-metre width, will take 36,000 cubic metres of sand at a cost of Bt430 million.

Bt 430 million. Wouldn't draining the sea be cheaper?

WHY don't they use the money to CLEAN UP ALL THE GARBAGE then the beaches PATTAYA and JOMTIEN might be full of tourists, no one wants to go to a filthy beach or walk down roads which are full of GARBAGE, come on people in power put your heads together for goodness sake, wake up to what's going on and look at all the GARBAGE. tourists will stop coming with families because of this situation.

re---the first 15 metres of the new beach would involve a sandbag wall to serve as an embankment

when I was there last year----The sandbag embankment at Cha Am beach was falling apart in a number places- as the bonding element was stopped --the vendors on the top removed some bags next to their business --and used them to make steps down to the beach for their customers rolleyes.gif --

430million? and it will all just wash away within a short period. What a farce... Thailand I mean, not just this particular idea.

Before you go over the top

come to reality

The Gold Coast in Australia paid 3 times than amount to do there beaches last year

and what about Hawaii

this island was just ash and rock

all the sand there, comes from Sydney Australia and California

we take our beaches for granted so the need sand not just Pattaya

Hawai'i has over 1,200 kilometers of coastline, which is liberally appointed with more than 400 beaches.

Polihale Beach alone is more than 27 kilometers long and nearly 275 meters wide.

I've been searching, but am unable to find a link to corroborate your assertion that the countless metric tons of sand that covers those hundreds of beaches has all been been imported from elsewhere.

Maybe you can post a link?

• Like 2

They are unable to provide a promenade to walk down or roads to drive down so I doubt this beach plan will work.

But the plan to actually spend money makes me wonder which official has got a line on a lot of cheap sand.

If they put on new sand it will be dirty again within a few months. The garbage that locals and tourists leave behind on the beach is disgusting and if there is no system to clean the beaches then whats the point ?

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

'The first 15 m of the project will involve a sandbag wall then 20 m of fill in sand.' So the decaying sandbag mess that can be seen at the North end of the beach will now extend for the entire 3 km. of beach.

Yes that was my first thought as well.

My other thought was the storm drains are perfectly positioned to either wash the beach, existing or planned, away, or cover it in detritus of all descriptions.

As it is now, at low tide the amount of crap and detritus lying on the beach is dreadful Here in Thailand where labour is cheap the authorities appear unable to organise daily beach cleaning. This is routine practice in most other tourist areas across the world.

And as others have pointed out the Jet Ski scams continue unabated in direct contradiction of the official line.

Rainy season is going to be interesting.

As mentioned, is the crap still pouring onto the beach, hospitals must be kept busy with the related virus's that come with that.

I take it the jet ski scammers are under control, what a load of hype about nothing, its always down to making more money,

Edited by Rimmer

Here you guys are, using logic and common sense to improve Pattaya and it's

beaches. Please remember the country and their social attitude we are living

in ...

Main pen rai, mai me pen ha ...

luudee

will they use the bags from lotus,big c?

They are allready in place-just need the sand putting in thumbsup.gif

430million? and it will all just wash away within a short period. What a farce... Thailand I mean, not just this particular idea.

Correct! There are two reasons the beach has eroded: 1) they cut down the old-growth trees that were acting as a barrier to erosion, and 2) global warming is causing the thermal expansion of the oceans worldwide, leading to an increase in beach erosion (and it will only get worse in the future). The good news for those who support the project is that it will bring them big money over a long period of time. Money will be spent on a project that will initially look good. But wave action will destroy what initially looked like a successful project, requiring even more money to fix the problem. The cash registers are already ringing. I doubt they will even take the time to consult with beach erosion experts.

Al Gore's in the House

The garbage and trash will hide it.

Correct! There are two reasons the beach has eroded: 1) they cut down the old-growth trees that were acting as a barrier to erosion, and 2) global warming is causing the thermal expansion of the oceans worldwide, leading to an increase in beach erosion (and it will only get worse in the future). The good news for those who support the project is that it will bring them big money over a long period of time. Money will be spent on a project that will initially look good. But wave action will destroy what initially looked like a successful project, requiring even more money to fix the problem. The cash registers are already ringing. I doubt they will even take the time to consult with beach erosion experts.

Al Gore's in the House

It's truly amazing, More than 95% of the world's scientists agree that there is global warming, yet there's still Flat Earth Society types who think it's a private scam to make Al Gore billions.

Note to Pattaya city people, before you go "extending" anything, try to diminish jet-ski problems,

parking problems, crime problems, price gouging problems etc, etc., that's what will bring

more tourist and what's more, it will give the existing tourist the reason to come back...

There are no kickbacks in these. Come on!!!! Expanding the beach can be very profitable:)...