Ed Visa Rundown

varange

Having studied at the YMCA several years ago, I was surprised to learn they are now offering ED visas. I also studied in a school that offered ED visas and found the Y much better -- certainly cheaper, but the fellow students were there because they really wanted to learn Thai, not because they wanted to do thru the motions of showing up just to get their visa. The students at the Y actually did homework, showed up on time and attended most the classes -- not so at the ED visa school and it was frustrating to those of us who actually wanted to learn Thai.

How does it work now at the Y -- are they charging everyone a higher price, even retirees who don't want an ED visa? Do they take attendance?

Edited by NancyL

Having studied at the YMCA several years ago, I was surprised to learn they are now offering ED visas. I also studied in a school that offered ED visas and found the Y much better -- certainly cheaper, but the fellow students were there because they really wanted to learn Thai, not because they wanted to do thru the motions of showing up just to get their visa. The students at the Y actually did homework, showed up on time and attended most the classes -- not so at the ED visa school and it was frustrating to those of us who actually wanted to learn Thai.

How does it work now at the Y -- are they charging everyone a higher price, even retirees who don't want an ED visa? Do they take attendance?

I could be wrong, but he brought a couple of sheets of paper home and the prices seem to be the same as last year, just a very small amount extra for the visa if you want them to cover their admin (or perhaps it was the actual visa fee; we looked into it a couple of years ago and the ED visa itself (the amount paid to immigration) was only 500 baht unless you wanted a multiple entry, when it rose (the same as all 12 month visas).