Where to physically post my ad

vagabond48

We are selling our 2009 Honda Civic and we have placed our ad on various websites, TV, City Life, Craigs, Soldbaht.

We don't speak Thai and it appears Thais get extremely attractive loans and government discounts on new cars so we want to reach more foreigners.

Are there places where we could post an ad on a bulletin board in a condo, for example?

Yes, we could go to every condo and places like Grace International that we know but I am hoping I can get some concrete leads from some of you.

Thanks

Rimping would be my suggestion, too. There was a government program that subsidized first time car buyers. It's over now, and in its wake, the market is flooded with used cars that got repoed because the owners couldn't keep up on the payments. So, it's not a great time to sell your car. Prices are at historic lows.

• Like 1

Rimping would be my suggestion, too. There was a government program that subsidized first time car buyers. It's over now, and in its wake, the market is flooded with used cars that got repoed because the owners couldn't keep up on the payments. So, it's not a great time to sell your car. Prices are at historic lows.

A friend said the same thing to me the other day. I wonder if you can give a concrete example. There is a 2009 Honda Civic advertised for 570,000 in Chiang Mai. New, it cost 770,000. So, 5 years old, lost 200,000 baht of value. That seems about normal to me, not wildly low.

^ It can be advertised for whatever wet dream the owner had that night. But does it sell for 570K. rolleyes.gif

If I had to choose between a 770K -> 570K price reduction for a FIVE year old used car, or just a new one then I know what I'd do.

I am the one who is advertising it and the equivalent model has the selling price of 895,000B so it is over 300,000B less besides that is the asking price.

Edited by vagabond48

That may be true but if the Thai banks follow a similar past pattern of not discounting their foreclosed real estate properties for quicker sell, they might think it is wiser to allow the car they own to rust rather than selling them at a reduced price to get them off their books. At least, I hope so.

A friend said the same thing to me the other day. I wonder if you can give a concrete example. There is a 2009 Honda Civic advertised for 570,000 in Chiang Mai. New, it cost 770,000. So, 5 years old, lost 200,000 baht of value. That seems about normal to me, not wildly low.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/marketing/409446/used-cars-enjoying-renewed-interest-despite-strife

Or you could do a search in the thailand motor forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/78-thailand-motor-forum/