NokAir: can you change flights on Eco?

eskatonia

Anyone know what the deal is on changing Nok Air flights booked as eco class? Nok Air claims on their website that you can change all dates on all fare classes by paying a fee and the difference in flight cost. See this page:

http://www.nokair.com/contents/on_board/travel_class/en-US/index.html

It states for eco class that change is permitted:

"Subject to change fee plus the difference of the fare between the moment of booking and the moment of change and service fee. (View Fee Rate)"

However when I log into "manage my flight" enter my booking number and go to change the date, it displays "flight change not permitted due to fare class".

Whats going on here? Will I be able to change this flight if I call them up?

many thanks

Because before I waste 20 minutes waiting on hold I wanted to find out if it will do me any good or not. And I'm also in Laos so calling them in Thailand is not that simple. Hoping to get an answer on this today so I can change my flight tomorrow (or buy a new ticket if I have to).

The same fare bucket (Promotion, Eco, Flexi) is probably sold out on the day/date you want to change to so this will require a re-issue, and buy-up. Not sure exactly but sometimes if you have to buy up then the change fee is waived as you are already paying more. (There may be APEX, advanced purchase, requirements associated with your original fare bucket, which you can longer meet given the close-in departure.)

It could also be that within a certain time period prior to departure (24/48/96 hours) that on-line changes are not allowed as control of the flight passes to the internal GDS, and to the airport.

I think you'll have to call.

http://www.nokair.com/contents/journey_plan/how_to_change/en-US/index.html

Yes you can, but by the time you change, you might as well have paid the extra & flown thai or nok premium which i think you can change, I remember last year i changed a flight date UBP -BKK with nok eco , cost me 700 baht.

cheers S.S.biggrin.png

The travel forum is literally one inch away from where you posted this. blink.png

/moving

More like 2-1/2 cms.

I tried to change a NokAir economy ticket in February and was told by two phone reservation agents on different calls it was not allowed--I even offered to pay a change fee without luck.. It was due to fare class not due to available seating on future flight. That being said, this is LOS and the information i received may have been different the third time I called. In all fairness, that even happens with Delta in the US ;-)

Call them. Even if youre in Laos. Can't you skype?

Edited by ClutchClark