Still Just A 7 Day Extension At Immigration On 30 Day Visa Exempt?

Is it still just an extra 7 days you can get at immigration when you have a 30 day visa exempt stamp?

Anyway they can make it a 10 day if you ask?

I will have 10 days left when the 30 days runs out before I go home, would be great if could get an extension for the whole of that time instead of having to leave the country before hand.

Thanks for the answer. Someone told me it had changed to 15 days extension recently but I guess not.

Another related question, with the recent crack down on border runs is it likely an immigration official at BKK immigration would see my 6 back to back border runs in my passport and refuse to issue me a 7 day extension because he thinks I'm working here or something?

I'm not working here btw. I have funds from home and can print off bank statements to show my money all comes from a UK account.

Just won't want any hassle as I can see why it would look suspect.

You should not have a problem getting the 7 days because it is truly not an extension. It is 7 days to leave the country because of a denied extension.application, A 7 day extension does not exist in the police order.

• Like 1

Interesting.

I guess I will take a long a photocopy of a bank statement and highlight my funds coming from a UK account just in case and maybe even see some sort of travel itinerary that shows me leaving the country within those 7 days in case it's going to be a problem.

Thanks for the information.

Interesting.

I guess I will take a long a photocopy of a bank statement and highlight my funds coming from a UK account just in case and maybe even see some sort of travel itinerary that shows me leaving the country within those 7 days in case it's going to be a problem.

There's no need to take any additional information with you, it won't be a problem.

Their only option is to give you the 7 day notice to leave the country, this is a refusal of your request for an extension of stay, you can put down any number of days on the application form you want it will always come back as a refusal unless you have a good reason. They are actually saying 'NO you can't have the extension - here's an official notice that you have 7 days to leave the country'.

If you do this on the last day of your current entrance it effectively gives you 7 more days even though they are rejecting your request and saying no. It's kind of ironic but they do get to keep the 1900 Baht from the application and sometimes it can be more convenient to do this depending on your travel plans. For example I like flying out of Bangkok on a Sunday or Monday for various reasons and I sometimes go a week before my current stamp runs out, sometimes I go and get another 7 days and fly out the week after the current stamp runs out. If it's only 1 day I'll just overstay as they don't charge or penalise you for it.

Everyone always complains about people "abusing the system" by doing border runs but nobody ever mentions the exploit of this loophole to get 7 days to leave the country for a rejected application. I wonder why?

And I expect no "clampdown" on this "abuse of the system" because it nets immigration an easy 1900 baht for nothing for every rejected application.

Interesting.

wht didnt u get a visa in the uk ????

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks for the answer. Someone told me it had changed to 15 days extension recently but I guess not.

Another related question, with the recent crack down on border runs is it likely an immigration official at BKK immigration would see my 6 back to back border runs in my passport and refuse to issue me a 7 day extension because he thinks I'm working here or something?

I'm not working here btw. I have funds from home and can print off bank statements to show my money all comes from a UK account.

Just won't want any hassle as I can see why it would look suspect.

Interesting.

" immigration would see my 6 back to back border runs in my passport "

"I guess I will take a long a photocopy of a bank statement and highlight my funds coming from a UK account"

Doing 6 back to back border runs and then showing them that you've apparently taken up residence here is probably not something you want to emphasize. In fact what you are doing is one reason why there is a crack down on border runs.

As has been said, if you pay Baht 1900 for an extension of stay, it'll be refused and you'll be allowed 7 days to exit the country, not really an extension for 7 days.

Edited by Suradit69

wht didnt u get a visa in the uk ????

I did. Had a double entry. Expired 6 months ago.

" immigration would see my 6 back to back border runs in my passport "

"I guess I will take a long a photocopy of a bank statement and highlight my funds coming from a UK account"

Doing 6 back to back border runs and then showing them that you've apparently taken up residence here is probably not something you want to emphasize. In fact what you are doing is one reason why there is a crack down on border runs.

As has been said, if you pay Baht 1900 for an extension of stay, it'll be refused and you'll be allowed 7 days to exit the country, not really an extension for 7 days.

My passport will tell them everything they need to know about how long I've been here. Me taking a photocopy of a UK bank statement and a travel itnerary showing me leaving the country can't possibly tell them anything else as far as I can see, can only work in my favor.

I would say the reason for the clamp down is to cut down on people working illegally in the country. I'm not working here. I have funds from abroad and choose to spend my time here but seems Thailand doesn't want me.