Important Notice About One-Year Thai Visa Processing (UK)

I will soon be applying for a 1 year Non Imm B visa from the Thai Consulate in London. I will not be applying for a work permit.

I am concerned about the latest news posted about 2 weeks ago on the Siam Legal website:

Important Notice About One-Year Thai Visa Processing

New increased security measures have resulted in stricter rules regarding One-Year Thai visa application processing. The issuance of One-year non-immigrant visas are now subject to these stricter rules implemented by the Thai embassy or consulate in the UK. As a result, we have seen significant decline in the success of applications under this visa category.

Please note that it is at the discretion of the Thai embassy or consulate official to issue the One-year non-immigrant visa, or as an alternative a 90-day non immigrant visa is issued in lieu of One-year visa. Some cases may arise depending on the opinion and discretion of the particular official in processing your visa application.

We therefore advise that before you make any payment, kindly check first with any of the Thai embassy or consulate in the UK to validate if approval or issuance of the visa under this category is now viable.

(source: http://uk.siam-legal.com/1-Year-Thailand-Visa-for-UK-Citizens.php )

Does anyone have any recent experience about this, or know any further details about these 'stricter rules' ?

That is because the are giving people a letter to get a multiple entry visa. I suspect they are doing the warning so that it makes it easier for them not to do a refund of the substantial fee you pay to get it.

There have been reports of multiple entry non-b applications being refused for some time. Even with a work permit.

Info for non-b visas here on embassy website; http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

You should contact them to get up to date info.

I think the changes are that you can no longer apply by post to the office in Hull for nom imm visas .

You have to apply in person for an interview at the embassy in London.

You have to produce an up to date police report, proof of funds ( £20000 ) and a medical certificate from your GP

Weirdly they do not accept originals and will only take certified copies by a lawyer - presumably to try and prevent forgeries.

This may to do with the fact that once in Thiland, you were able to convert a non O to retirement status with proof of funds. This can easily be done illegally through an agent / visa company who can provide the funds. The requirement to produce a police report was not enforced once you were in the Kingdom.

They are just tightening up on the rules.

I see, so its possibly that this is specific to Siam-Legal and/or other 'services' assisting in the issuance of these visa's...

I will not be using their services and have a genuine scenario involving an existing thai company, who I trade with. They are prepared to provide a letter of invitaion and the relevant company docs to back my visa request.

With your knowledge do you forsee problems applying for a 1 year non imm O visas for my wife and child on the back of a successful 1 year B visa for myself ? Or should I make all three applications at the same time perhaps ?

Thank you

I think the changes are that you can no longer apply by post to the office in Hull for nom imm visas .

You have to apply in person for an interview at the embassy in London.

You have to produce an up to date police report, proof of funds ( £20000 ) and a medical certificate from your GP

Weirdly they do not accept originals and will only take certified copies by a lawyer - presumably to try and prevent forgeries.

This may to do with the fact that once in Thiland, you were able to convert a non O to retirement status with proof of funds. This can easily be done illegally through an agent / visa company who can provide the funds. The requirement to produce a police report was not enforced once you were in the Kingdom.

They are just tightening up on the rules.

That sounds more like the requirements to get a OA visa not a non-b visa.

The embassy now accepts applications by post.

I see, so its possibly that this is specific to Siam-Legal and/or other 'services' assisting in the issuance of these visa's...

I will not be using their services and have a genuine scenario involving an existing thai company, who I trade with. They are prepared to provide a letter of invitaion and the relevant company docs to back my visa request.

With your knowledge do you forsee problems applying for a 1 year non imm O visas for my wife and child on the back of a successful 1 year B visa for myself ? Or should I make all three applications at the same time perhaps ?

Thank you

That would be for people using their services. I don't suggest going by any info from a commercial website.

The chances of you getting multiple entry visas for your family are not great I must say. You can try by doing it in person all at one time.

Thank you

That would be for people using their services. I don't suggest going by any info from a commercial website.

The chances of you getting multiple entry visas for your family are not great I must say. You can try by doing it in person all at one time.

I could add my wife as a director of the UK company, and apply for 2x b visa's and one O for the child, either seperately, one B for me and one B and one O for wife and child, or all of us together. Do you think that might be a better way to do it ?

A post with info about getting a non-o visa has been removed. OP is inquiring about getting a multiple entry non-b visa for business purposes and a multiple entry non-o for his dependent.