BOI encourages more tourism investments

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they promise a crackdown on foreign ownership of hotels and land last year and didn't they just try to run Russians out of the tour businesses in the resorts.

So what type of investment do they want?,,the 51:49,type with a leased bit of land.

Yeah right. Big corp investor just love that type of thing....

Tip nr 1: clean up your mess at the rivers and beaches... You will find out that tourists hate garbage

Tip nr 2: Do something with eco tourism while you have some nice forests and sea life left

Tip nr 3: Learn English to accommodate your tourists

Tip nr 4: Think of tourisme in the long run, it's not good when they feel ripped of

Tip nr 5: Charge the same prices for all, no separate Thai/ Farang

etc , etc

I think some more people can add here !!!

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

i can, pls stop making out english is the all of the world, it is not, they have 1.7 billion chinese next door.

to speak english is usefull, but it wont break thailand if 1 million english speakers go and 100 million chinese replace them.

and by the way i speak 5 languages, but even i admit, i should learn chinese, which i dont speak.

Can you tell me the official language for ASEAN please ?

wai.gif

Tip nr 1: clean up your mess at the rivers and beaches... You will find out that tourists hate garbage

Tip nr 2: Do something with eco tourism while you have some nice forests and sea life left

Tip nr 4: Think of tourisme in the long run, it's not good when they feel ripped of

etc , etc

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

i can, pls stop making out english is the all of the world, it is not, they have 1.7 billion chinese next door.

to speak english is usefull, but it wont break thailand if 1 million english speakers go and 100 million chinese replace them.

and by the way i speak 5 languages, but even i admit, i should learn chinese, which i dont speak.

Can you tell me the official language for ASEAN please ?

wai.gif

Hokum?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

etc , etc

wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

And your English needs help too. But the rest of the list is oh so true.

SW, you beat me to it, well done.....

They should focus on making Thailand more tourist friendly and crack down on all the scams in Pattaya and Phuket, clean the cities up and make them clean, nice destinations that quality tourists will want to go to. It's always amazed me that there is no really NICE places along the beach for dining in Thailand. If you go to Hawaii, Mallorca and places like that you'll find really clean, manicured and well planned areas with nice restaurants overlooking the ocean. Here, I have to say, I rarely see a nice restaurant along the beach. And if you do, once you leave the premises it's the same old ugly architecture that plagues every town in this country amid the filth and poor street planning.

I agree. Try finding a green belt or park in Pattaya. The nearest to a park I could find was in Naklua at the north end of Pattaya.

Parks don't generate revenue I suppose. There is no room for trees, shrubs, flora or fauna when it has all been pushed aside for food stalls, massage parlors, motorbike rentals, souvenir shops, eateries, bars, etc.

The area in Pattaya is overrun with businesses that do little to enrich the lives of locals and visitors alike. I would recommend bulldozing 2x2 kilometers of the central core and making it a green area, devoid of cars, Tuk-Tuks, scooters, hookers and the like.

But then, I always liked a good fairy tale as a kid. LOL.

Could I take my dog for a run in such a park, or would she be soon raped by soi dogs?

etc , etc

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Nr 1 - Indeed specially the beaches... Here in Ko Lanta even in high season the "Farangs" make a weekly beach cleaning while the islanders just watch and laugh...

Nr. 2 - Some Eco-Tourism - while they intend to build a 800 MW COAL Plant in the middle of the mangroves in the Krabi area...!

Nr. 3 - Thailand has maybe worldwide the worst trained people in the hospitality business - Nowadays English is simply a must in hospitality business...

Nr 4 = Nr 5 !!

Nr X - Maintenance and maintenance - in other words: it doesn't bring much to invest into a nice project and then leave it without maintenance... i.e. lovely resorts and then nothing is done until broken, side-walks until broken, roads and so on and so on a. s. o.

Giving right support to tourism is vital for prosperity.

Education is, in my humble opinion one of the most important things to support Tourism.

Thailand is still one of the most beautiful places in this world with fantastic People and fantastic Nature.

This my slat & pepper - if I may

• Like 1

etc , etc

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

English is the international language - that's why. Even educated Chinese speak it - and the one's that can afford to come here all will within a generation - just look how they are employing language teacher even out in the sticks. Might also note that the great new hope, Chinese tourists, have already dropped by 50% year on year - they are the first to go elsewhere when there are problems here. As time goes on, Chinese are going to find it easier and easier to visit other countries, and as they become world travellers, Thailand will see less of them, not more.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

etc , etc

wai.gif alt=wai.gif> wai.gif alt=wai.gif> wai.gif alt=wai.gif>

OMG...what have you been smoking...?

yes bring in more busses filled with koreans and chinese who come here for 5 days one only one goal''to eat as many shrimp as humanly possible'' yes we need more quality tourits like them..so we widen beach rd to accomodate the masive tour busses which now rule the roads and the small soi's where once children played and we could have dinner or a beer with out a tour bus smoking deasel in our faces....this once ''paradise ''was sold years ago to developers and politicains who have made tons of money,and the real thais and foringers who call this country home,well they just sh%t on us.....no the money is in the cheap 5 day tour industry...last year if you remeber they announced ''amazing ROMANITIC thailand'' that lasted about 20 seconds but im sure millions spent to sell the dog and poney show......this is getting hard to watch as thailand falls flat every time it has the ball......just keep what we have left and keep it clean,stop usuing plasitc bags ,and,stop the tour buses from ruining what little beauty that is left here....

Edited by mok199

Let Falangs buy and own houses worth 5 million Baht, or more. This will help Thailand, and not raisee prices for lower priced homes. Thus it would not price. Thais out of home ownership. Also, this encourages high end retirees to live in Thailand.

Edited by philliphn

etc , etc

wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

considering english is my fourth language, i think i do ok, but if you feel like educating me, hey, im up for it.

etc , etc

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

The language of business is english. If you speak english you can travel anywhere and get by. If you can't you will struggle.

• Like 1

etc , etc

wai.gif alt=wai.gif> wai.gif alt=wai.gif> wai.gif alt=wai.gif>

OMG...what have you been smoking...?

I quit 4 years ago, this is just advice, not a must .....

thumbsup.gif

My visit to Thailand in 2013, included staying 2 months in Bangkok, Big city with alot to offer a visitor, Nice Parks, Shopping and Attractions to see. And the Asian/Thai Food was so Good. And the Thai People were Absolutely Wonderful, Very Friendly and Nice. As far as cleanliness it could use some work. But not much Different than Chicago. Pattaya was an Interesting Visit, We Visited The sanctuary of Truth, and I Thought this was a Beautiful Attraction, That I certainly would visit again. We took a Boat to Koh Larn Island, and I thought that this was a Beautifull Beach, and Island. That I would very Much like to visit again. In Pattaya we walked The Beach road during the day, and I Thought wow how filthy this is, and could just not Fathom the idea of lounging on that beach, or swimming in the water. Then I walked it at Night and was absolutely disgusted by the amount of Rat's, Yes Rat's running around everywere. I have not seen so many Rat's since watching the Movie "Willard", and the Garbage that littered the walkway and seating area's was Unbelievable. The Hookers did not bother my family or I, and we were not bothered by them conducting business. But I thought what a chance to really expand on this Beautiful Beach area, with Lighting and Landscape and Cleaning. They are missing out on a really great area to invest in.

Edited by Pat Thai

etc , etc

wai.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20> wai.gif alt=wai.gif width=20 height=20>

Why should you learn to speak Chinese? Planning to move there? In my opinion Chinese is useful in China but totally useless in the rest of the world coffee1.gif

• Like 1

What a novel idea these "clusters." Thais have identified eight (8) clusters in various regions. Can you imagine the creativity behind this? On the other hand, the Thais would be well served to look at investing in tourism where they actually stand a chance of getting a return. Thais should approach this marketing problem "horizontally" rather than by geographic region. In other words they could narrow it down to two clusters that are pervasive across all of Thailand. This way they don't fragment the investment or confuse the tourist messaging and they can focus all supporting infrastructure.

The two mainstay "clusters" or staples of Thai tourism are the massive sex trade and the counterfeit IP trade. Tourists in all regions flock to Thailand for these Thai specialties and mainstays, there are no geographic borders or divisions for these two "clusters." Tourists arriving in search of either of these Thai specialties are impervious to floods, traffic, carbon monoxide, political demonstrations, bombings, random shootings, non existent pavement, roads and streets without signs, poor service, unsanitary food and restroom facilities with adequate supply of paper. An added bonus of focusing on just two proven Thai specialities is that the majority of sex and counterfeit IP travelers are not intimidated by Thai news reports of taxi cab drivers hacking their passengers to death, mysterious hotel poisonings, or Thai road accidents.

What a novel idea these "clusters." Thais have identified eight (8) clusters in various regions. Can you imagine the creativity behind this? On the other hand, the Thais would be well served to look at investing in tourism where they actually stand a chance of getting a return. Thais should approach this marketing problem "horizontally" rather than by geographic region. In other words they could narrow it down to two clusters that are pervasive across all of Thailand. This way they don't fragment the investment or confuse the tourist messaging and they can focus all supporting infrastructure.

The two mainstay "clusters" or staples of Thai tourism are the massive sex trade and the counterfeit IP trade. Tourists in all regions flock to Thailand for these Thai specialties and mainstays, there are no geographic borders or divisions for these two "clusters." Tourists arriving in search of either of these Thai specialties are impervious to floods, traffic, carbon monoxide, political demonstrations, bombings, random shootings, non existent pavement, roads and streets without signs, poor service, unsanitary food and restroom facilities with adequate supply of paper. An added bonus of focusing on just two proven Thai specialities is that the majority of sex and counterfeit IP travelers are not intimidated by Thai news reports of taxi cab drivers hacking their passengers to death, mysterious hotel poisonings, or Thai road accidents.

thats very interesting as, my thai girl says they all get their pirate movies from Myammar

ericnoodeeka, on 13 May 2014 - 14:43, said:
Patje, on 13 May 2014 - 11:53, said:

etc , etc

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Oh dear, I was waiting for the first anti-English comment... you win the dipstick award...the reason English gets mentioned is that it is, whether you like it or not, THE international language for business. Tell me, how many languages do you expect Thais to learn.

• Like 1

Thai at Heart, on 13 May 2014 - 17:08, said:

Didn't they promise a crackdown on foreign ownership of hotels and land last year and didn't they just try to run Russians out of the tour businesses in the resorts.

So what type of investment do they want?,,the 51:49,type with a leased bit of land.

Yeah right. Big corp investor just love that type of thing....

They want the type of investor who eventually they can scam 100% of his investment then send him/her packing.

ericnoodeeka, on 13 May 2014 - 21:41, said:
spermwhale, on 13 May 2014 - 15:25, said:

etc , etc

considering english is my fourth language, i think i do ok, but if you feel like educating me, hey, im up for it.

It's pretty obvious learning languages doesn't make you any smarter, the fact you mentioned it shows a lot about the type of person your are. look at me ... look at me... dipstick

etc , etc

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Oh dear, I was waiting for the first anti-English comment... you win the dipstick award...the reason English gets mentioned is that it is, whether you like it or not, THE international language for business. Tell me, how many languages do you expect Thais to learn.

I can tell you that the few times I heard perfect english being spoken I turned to look, expecting to see a fellow american, and every time.,

they were chinese