Where can I buy Plasti Dip in Bangkok?

banker44

This liquid plastic product is apparently sold in Thailand and in Bangkok, but I cannot find specific store names/locations. The True Value store in Nonthaburi does not carry it. A posting suggested a store 'on Chaengwattana near the bridge' but there are many stores near the bridge. I need to seal leaky bottles of lao lao for shipment to USA. The car guys use this product, but never say where they got it. Does anyone know where I can find this in Krung Thep? Thanks!

Spoonman--I sent an email to the company rep listed on their Thai website. No response. You'd think an important aspect of his job would be helping to sell the company's products here. But TIT.

You may want to try again after the holiday today.

As an alternative, there's a building next to Khlong Thom market in Chinatown that has everything you'd need to make your car smell better and look like it goes faster. I've seen a couple of brands of plastic dip in spray and dip form. Can't vouch for any of the brands, but there is a big difference in prices between the different brands.

As you're facing Khlong Thom from the main street, go about 50 yards to the left, including the alleys on each side of the building that has shocks, springs and other zoomie stuff in the windows.

This liquid plastic product is apparently sold in Thailand and in Bangkok, but I cannot find specific store names/locations. The True Value store in Nonthaburi does not carry it. A posting suggested a store 'on Chaengwattana near the bridge' but there are many stores near the bridge. I need to seal leaky bottles of lao lao for shipment to USA. The car guys use this product, but never say where they got it. Does anyone know where I can find this in Krung Thep? Thanks!

I can see Lao Lao becoming a popular drink at swank bars in LA or NYC.

Well, fancy that, I was looking for this stuff to use on some accessories I 3D printed for my GoPro camera.

You may want to try again after the holiday today.

As an alternative, there's a building next to Khlong Thom market in Chinatown that has everything you'd need to make your car smell better and look like it goes faster. I've seen a couple of brands of plastic dip in spray and dip form. Can't vouch for any of the brands, but there is a big difference in prices between the different brands.

As you're facing Khlong Thom from the main street, go about 50 yards to the left, including the alleys on each side of the building that has shocks, springs and other zoomie stuff in the windows.

I know Khlong Thom market, I'm a bit fuzzy with the directions though!. You mean 50 meters after the first soi to the left of the market front?

I've found Google Maps Street View to be really useful to find places in Bangkok, here's a link that should land you in front of the market: https://maps.google.co.th/?ll=13.74686,100.506457&spn=0.001954,0.00284&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=13.746679,100.506355&panoid=Cxg9AdLP2cQfVtzrDcALZw&cbp=12,108.02,,0,3.65

There is an 8 or 9 storey building to the left, is that were the shop you mention is?

OP here. Went to Khlong Tham and found the strip of stores mentioned by a poster above. Didn't walk down the alleys on each side of the main street, but couldn't find Plasti Dip or similar products. Not saying they aren't there somewhere. Also trawled up and down Chaengwattana near the river with no luck. BUT: the company rep did contact me yesterday to say Plasti Dip is not available by retail in Bangkok, however he offered to sell me what I needed and have it delivered to my house. And he has been incredibly responsive. So I will be receiving a quart of dip on Sunday. Not cheap--THB 1200/qt. But I need it. He also sells thinner for the dip. He can be contacted via the Plasti Dip Thailand website: http://www.plastidip-thailand.com/contact/

If you buy a can (vs spray), seal it well and maybe store it upside down after it is opened. And the person looking for the exact location in Khlong Tham above: it is one of the smaller sois that run perpendicular to Charoen Krung in the middle of the grid of strees that comprise greater Khlong Tham.

OP here. Went to Khlong Tham and found the strip of stores mentioned by a poster above. Didn't walk down the alleys on each side of the main street, but couldn't find Plasti Dip or similar products. Not saying they aren't there somewhere. Also trawled up and down Chaengwattana near the river with no luck. BUT: the company rep did contact me yesterday to say Plasti Dip is not available by retail in Bangkok, however he offered to sell me what I needed and have it delivered to my house. And he has been incredibly responsive. So I will be receiving a quart of dip on Sunday. Not cheap--THB 1200/qt. But I need it. He also sells thinner for the dip. He can be contacted via the Plasti Dip Thailand website: http://www.plastidip-thailand.com/contact/

If you buy a can (vs spray), seal it well and maybe store it upside down after it is opened. And the person looking for the exact location in Khlong Tham above: it is one of the smaller sois that run perpendicular to Charoen Krung in the middle of the grid of strees that comprise greater Khlong Tham.

there are plenty of people on deal fish .co . th selling it.