Snakes in the Pond! unidentfied...

filgerman2014

One year I had about 10 like photo 3 and then this year 2 two days in a row eating my smaller fish. Though mine were all solid grey colored vice the greenish color your photo 3 has. Otherwise, looked the same. I have no idea what their name is. Or where they came from.

I captured and released all of them to a small klong 100 meters away, assuming a more natural habitat with lots of little fish would be more attractive to them.

I agree with the bronze back relies. I have them showing up in my yard periodically but they have never gone into the pond. Maybe there are enough frogs and toads and lizards that they do not need to try for fish?

• 2 months later...

Last night in excess of 50 very small fish, of different species, disappeared from our 2m x 1m pond which is set up about .5 of a metre of the ground leaving 2 fairly large Koi

swimming alone. Whatever type of snake it might of been it was incredibly efficient, didn't even miss the babies. Due to an unusually dry "wet" season in our area I guess the noticeable lack of small

frogs might have had something to do with it.

Last night in excess of 50 very small fish, of different species, disappeared from our 2m x 1m pond which is set up about .5 of a metre of the ground leaving 2 fairly large Koi

swimming alone. Whatever type of snake it might of been it was incredibly efficient, didn't even miss the babies. Due to an unusually dry "wet" season in our area I guess the noticeable lack of small

^ you can have some our frogs, noisy beggars.  I spotted our security men 'rescuing' a snake from near your place last week... they walked it 50m and dumped it down the drain ... which comes out into OUR khlong.  :(

^ you can have some our frogs, noisy beggars.  I spotted our security men 'rescuing' a snake from near your place last week... they walked it 50m and dumped it down the drain ... which comes out into OUR khlong.  sad.png

I think I have only heard a frog once or twice this season they are obviously all in your klong !