Wife insists her husband not drunk when beaten by PDRC security guards

webfact

One day I hope someone is able to develop a method to test alcohol levels in the blood...or maybe on a person's breath, but until that day we are going to have to rely on witness statements days later.

The article makes it sound like he ran over a small orange cone...but why would someone even stop if that were the case?

Why did he not drive away when he saw a group of people approaching him?

Why did they not lock the vehicle doors?

Where were the guards standing when he drove over a cone? On the other side of it?

Everyone is always so quick to say the news is inaccurately reported or important information omitted; yet everyone totally accepts he innocently ran over a small traffic cone without question.

Those are precisely the sort of questions that objective physical evidence and witnesses will go a long way in sorting out, instead of just the subjective statements of an interested party.

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One day I hope someone is able to develop a method to test alcohol levels in the blood...or maybe on a person's breath, but until that day we are going to have to rely on witness statements days later.

The article makes it sound like he ran over a small orange cone...but why would someone even stop if that were the case?

Where were the guards standing when he drove over a cone? On the other side of it?

Everyone is always so quick to say the news is inaccurately reported or important information omitted; yet everyone totally accepts he innocently ran over a small traffic cone without question.

If a group of security guards just approached him without provocation and attacked him and stabbed him for no reason then they should be held responsible--but lets everyone try and not let political leanings cloud the circumstances.

What world are you living in. they do have those right now and even in Thailand.

If a group of security guards just approached him without provocation and attacked him and stabbed him for no reason then they should be held responsible--but lets everyone try and not let political leanings cloud the circumstances.

I will remember this when a security guard/thug just decides to beat the CR*p out of me.

This is the logic.of.,.if the falang hadn't been there he couldn't have had an accident. Obviously this bloke.just asked to be beaten up

What world are you living in. they do have those right now and even in Thailand.

Darn...I thought I was going to get rich developing a device to do this.

I will remember this when a security guard/thug just decides to beat the CR*p out of me.

This is the logic.of.,.if the falang hadn't been there he couldn't have had an accident. Obviously this bloke.just asked to be beaten up

What are you talking about? All I am saying is right now there are several unanswered questions and I have heard of no witness accounts. The wife was not present by her own admission.

Maybe the security guards seriously assaulted this person simply because he hit an orange cone...but since that does not sound like reasonable behavior, I am waiting until further evidence is collected.

Perhaps you have read other articles with additional evidence and you could share those here...otherwise, the numerous responses on this thread appear to be very clouded by political hate. Right now your logic appears to that of a "lynch mob" and lynch mobs had a bad habit of hanging innocent people.

• Like 1

Geez. Way back I used to be a sympathizer for the cause. I'm now seriously thinking things were much better when Uncle T was was at the helm.

It's just a monkey republic now with no end in sight. God forbid I should sneeze in front of these apes.

Sorry to hear you are being forced to live in Thailand

....knocked over a cone......???

.....cut the crap....

...and sorry....but what do many, many Thai laborers do after 'a hard day's work'.....???

(..not to mention initially it was reported he was stabbed 100 (?) times.....and killed...)

....I'm sure his loyal, responsible wife....pregnant at 17....would never 'bend the truth'.....in his defense...or for 'personal gain'....

• Like 1

What are you talking about? All I am saying is right now there are several unanswered questions and I have heard of no witness accounts. The wife was not present by her own admission.

Maybe the security guards seriously assaulted this person simply because he hit an orange cone...but since that does not sound like reasonable behavior, I am waiting until further evidence is collected.

Perhaps you have read other articles with additional evidence and you could share those here...otherwise, the numerous responses on this thread appear to be very clouded by political hate. Right now your logic appears to that of a "lynch mob" and lynch mobs had a bad habit of hanging innocent people.

Private so called security guards shouldn't be assaulting and nearly killing anyone.

There is self defence, but I am.not sure that extends to stabbings.

.....cut the crap....

...and sorry....but what do many, many Thai laborers do after 'a hard day's work'.....???

(..not to mention initially it was reported he was stabbed 100 (?) times.....and killed...)

....I'm sure his loyal, responsible wife....pregnant at 17....would never 'bend the truth'.....in his defense...or for 'personal gain'....

I dunno... how many? How many expats here do the same? Moreover, what's the problem with being pregnant at 17? It ain't something that's exclusive to Thailand.

.....cut the crap....

Disgusting and shameful comment, especially the part insinuating that his wife because 17 and pregnant is not a reliable witness.

• Like 2

I'm impressed by the young pregnant wife, she ran off for help, came back, then got him to a hospital, not easy for any young lady to do, she seems like a pretty good wife, regardless of age,

But that PDRC leader told the press it was his guard that called the ambulance. Sure he could not be lying - or just making up a story to save face?

I expect that Phra Issara will visit Pinwiset soon and demand an apology for upsetting his guards and driving them to justifiable brutality. No doubt the police has already promised not to disturb the PDRC with an investigation. Pinwiset will be lucky if he doesn't go to prison.

We're living in the Wild West now everyone! The PDRC guards beat up and stab whoever they like and they get no consequences for it. The police are powerless and couldn't give a damn!

Be careful everyone! The police will not protect you here. You must look after yourself.

We're living in the Wild West now everyone! The PDRC guards beat up and stab whoever they like and they get no consequences for it. The police are powerless and couldn't give a damn!

Be careful everyone! The police will not protect you here. You must look after yourself.

Warrior?

Great chicken little impersonation:

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling, I have to go tell the King".

convenient cameras eh?

Makes no difference if drunk or not, if anything its worse to do it if he was drunk, and how was he driving anyway if drunk....although that could explain the cone hitting, but then that was bad visibility due to rain.

Once again over analysis of a journalists story. Do you count the bullets in gun fights on TV?

The drunk story is just lies to cover an unpleasant truth. aka disinformation, and this drunk claim is the same one they made against the Colonel they shot at and beat up.

Thus, Luang Pu Buddha Issara, protest leader at the Chang Wattana protest site, must quickly turn the guards who recently attacked Colonel Witthawat Wattanakul of the Directorate of Joint Intelligence in to the police. Even if the colonel was drunk, as alleged, when he got out of his car to remove the barrier blocking his way, the guards have not claimed that he was any danger to them, so their shooting in his direction, causing shrapnel injuries, was clearly an over-reaction.

If you didn't catch it on this mornings news, the Aksa road protest (the big scary red one), a group of people complained in the police station at Khon Khen that they'd been hired to go to Aksa road as protestors and hadn't been paid. Lots of people thought the woman with the Thai flag bag was familiar, and indeed she is, she's plays the hysterical PDRC protestor here in the top half of the photo, and below making the fake police complaint:

1400028436-4-o.jpg

You see that deception plays a key role in this coup.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Did the Monk promise to hand over the killers? or was that another attack.

There have been so many cases of the peaceful protesters beating and killing that I get confused.

Have they handed over anybody yet? I know there have been promises.

Please, could you quantify the "so many cases"?

Thanks.

There have been so many cases of the peaceful protesters beating and killing that I get confused.

Thanks.

Well of the recent ones. The Colonel how moved the cone, was shot and beaten.

Various murders where people have been shot tied up wrapped in a bin bag and thrown in the river or on the tracks. At first they throught it was PDRC protestors being killed, but when one of them was fished out of the river in time, his story about being dressed in a whistle and arm band revealed the very unpleasant truth.

This one of course, the stabbing of the ice man and wrapping in a black bin liner.

There's the internal murder within the Lumpini site, guard on guard murder.

Of course the road they sealed off and beat up the pilot when he moved their precious cone.

Every grenade attack that magically misses the big rectangular non-moving stage to hit some poor back stage hand, some food vendor at the side. The police man with the hand grenade attack, who had his foot blasted.

Laksi, lets not forget the people shot by the popcorn crew. Or Suthep's praise for these popcorn men.

(edited to remove the more gruesome ones).

Did I miss the two soldiers shot by the Students and People's Network for Thailand's Reform ?

Can't find a link, the woman shot by gunfire from the Lumpini site.

The cars smashed and vandalized, when the witness is telling reporters, his friend comes up and says "I've finished smashing the other cars it was quick"...

The hand grenade thrown at your lead van, only the video looks like its one of your own guards, and the route was changed to go past this building, where they promptly found lots of red shirts and guns and hats which magically changed from that stupid 'walls' one before being presented to the police.

The drunk story is just lies to cover an unpleasant truth.

How do you know it is a lie?

Did you see the blood alcohol test results?

p.s. it's helpful if you stick with one topic at a time. It saves on editing the off-topic musings out.

Thanks.

Well of the recent ones. The Colonel how moved the cone, was shot and beaten.

Various murders where people have been shot tied up wrapped in a bin bag and thrown in the river or on the tracks. At first they throught it was PDRC protestors being killed, but when one of them was fished out of the river in time, his story about being dressed in a whistle and arm band revealed the very unpleasant truth.

This one of course, the stabbing of the ice man and wrapping in a black bin liner.

There's the internal murder within the Lumpini site, guard on guard murder.

Of course the road they sealed off and beat up the pilot when he moved their precious cone.

Every grenade attack that magically misses the big rectangular non-moving stage to hit some poor back stage hand, some food vendor at the side. The police man with the hand grenade attack, who had his foot blasted.

Laksi, lets not forget the people shot by the popcorn crew. Or Suthep's praise for these popcorn men.

(edited to remove the more gruesome ones).

Did I miss the two soldiers shot by the Students and People's Network for Thailand's Reform ?

Can't find a link, the woman shot by gunfire from the Lumpini site.

The cars smashed and vandalized, when the witness is telling reporters, his friend comes up and says "I've finished smashing the other cars it was quick"...

The hand grenade thrown at your lead van, only the video looks like its one of your own guards, and the route was changed to go past this building, where they promptly found lots of red shirts and guns and hats which magically changed from that stupid 'walls' one before being presented to the police.

And yet the police can get NO EVIDENCE of this .. evidence that would be damning for the PDRC and helpful to the PTP government .... strange!

PS : in that picture of the women .. can't really see a guaranteed resemblance ..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks.

Just a few from memory.

3 cases of bodies in the river, one survived to give evidence, one missed the water and landed on the bank and one was washed up later, no telling how many more there were that were wieghted down. The body that was thrown from the bridge and missed the water was the day after the kids were killed in Bangkok.

2 or 3 cases of PDRC guards getting drunk and shooting each other.

2 or 3 cases of policemen being captured and beaten.

The Taxi driver who was shot at when his passenger was looking for a prostitute on Wireless road.

The driver who got halfway across a bridge and turned round, he was then shot at by guards.

Popcorn

The Army Captain? shot in the foot and who only escaped being killed when they found his ID

I think there may be more that I have missed

EDIT I really should read the whole thread before replying. I see better answers than mine have been done.

Edited by Dr Bruce

Thanks.

Just a few from memory.

3 cases of bodies in the river, one survived to give evidence, one missed the water and landed on the bank and one was washed up later, no telling how many more there were that were wieghted down. The body that was thrown from the bridge and missed the water was the day after the kids were killed in Bangkok.

2 or 3 cases of PDRC guards getting drunk and shooting each other.

2 or 3 cases of policemen being captured and beaten.

The Taxi driver who was shot at when his passenger was looking for a prostitute on Wireless road.

The driver who got halfway across a bridge and turned round, he was then shot at by guards.

Popcorn

The Army Captain? shot in the foot and who only escaped being killed when they found his ID

I think there may be more that I have missed

EDIT I really should read the whole thread before replying. I see better answers than mine have been done.

As I said before .. no follow up reports about any of this .. no police action etc..

Geez. Way back I used to be a sympathizer for the cause. I'm now seriously thinking things were much better when Uncle T was was at the helm.

It's just a monkey republic now with no end in sight. God forbid I should sneeze in front of these apes.

You want to pay for my travel and moving expenses for my family, closing fees for my company, and severance for my 100+ staff?

Yes, I chose to live here 20 years ago before the crap hit the fan and have been paying taxes and abiding by all immigration laws.

I'm not the single sex-monger tourist resident if that's what you thought who decided to stay on a day to day salary teaching English.

So yes, it's not like I can just book a ticket and flee. It's not as easy as you think. Ignorant fool.

You want to pay for my travel and moving expenses for my family, closing fees for my company, and severance for my 100+ staff?

Yes, I chose to live here 20 years ago before the crap hit the fan and have been paying taxes and abiding by all immigration laws.

I'm not the single sex-monger tourist resident if that's what you thought who decided to stay on a day to day salary teaching English.

So yes, it's not like I can just book a ticket and flee. It's not as easy as you think. Ignorant fool.

But your are an ignorant person!

Labeling English teachers like that. Are you feeling proud!

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 2

But your are an ignorant person!

Labeling English teachers like that. Are you feeling proud!

Using an exclamation point rather than a question mark? Yes, feeling proud that I completed my English grammar courses with flying colors. Edited by tomyummer

convenient cameras eh?

Makes no difference if drunk or not, if anything its worse to do it if he was drunk, and how was he driving anyway if drunk....although that could explain the cone hitting, but then that was bad visibility due to rain.

Do you often hit things when driving a car in the rain? There is more to this story. Information we will probably never find out..

You seem to be saying:

There is more to this story

We will (probably) never find out.

Hence the story is suspect.

Well, we don't know that there's more to the story, that's just something claimed.

If there is, it might be in favor of either party, so the full story could be worse for the PDRC.

Hence, better not to make baseless assertions

It is true that in all probability we will not be privy to the full details.

But that is due to investigation and reporting in Thailand being what they are.

The guy could have been an ace driver, and this was the first thing he hit in his life.

The guy could have been familiar with the road, sans traffic cones.

The guy was a lousy driver, or tired, or distracted or whatever - traffic in Thailand is a know issue.

I know it sucks, but sometimes the home team fouls too.

Accept it, deal with it, don't condone it.