Quiet Estates?

wonder6281

Where our house is currently has seen an increase of noisey neighbors and their habit.

One has 4 dogs that persistently bark when the same woman walks her dog. This morning it was at 6 am and woke up the household.

The owner has not once tried to quieten his 4. And she has never thought about walking a different route.

My wife and I have both shouted but it never changes and never will.

Another moved in about a year ago (oldish farang man and a mid aged thai lady) were quiet until the daughter and her husband/boyfriend came to live. He drives a van by day and works somewhere else by night. Seems a hard worker but in between shifts he turns up the volume in his old pickup which is way too loud and keeps it going for 30 minutes while drinking a few Changs. No one around seems to either care or are too scared to say anything.

to top it off, he cleans his van out onto the soi and leaves it. Someone tends to it later seems like. Now they acquired 2 more dogs and one of them is a habitual barker.

In both cases, neither neighbor cares about the impact their life has on the neighborhood.

Not to mention the cats.

There must be some housing estates in Pattaya where these sort of issues are at a minimum.

It used to be a nice environment to live, but not at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There must be some housing estates in Pattaya where these sort of issues are at a minimum.

No, these types of problems exist everywhere

Maybe initially they are quiet when the farangs first buy, but eventually they will sell out and move and the Thais will move in and as they say: there goes the neighborhood

They exist in the high end bracket.

Problems then are outside the communities walls where you will encounter the same type of ignorant scum.

One small key thing to look for, try and count the amount of pickup trucks in the community.

Ours has none, upper middle class Thai people would not be caught dead driving one.

• Like 1

There are some quiet villages on the dark side around the lake. My last house there in a village at the end of the lake was very quiet. No soi dog noise at all and luck to have good neighbours. It was 4 years of very peaceful living.

So I guess my point is there are quiet places but i think its as much about luck as it is planning

They exist in the high end bracket.

Problems then are outside the communities walls where you will encounter the same type of ignorant scum.

One small key thing to look for, try and count the amount of pickup trucks in the community.

Ours has none, upper middle class Thai people would not be caught dead driving one.

Hmmm, when we lived at Silk Road Place last year we saw plenty of trucks, tunas, mercs and so on. My Thai neighbor (middle class) had two trucks.

The village I am in is real quiet now. It was a bit noisier a year ago just after we moved in and some old buggers complained about my dogs barking but they seem to have either shut up, sold up or died. It seems ages since anyone bitched about my chickens as well. The thing I really like is the shade tree that hangs over the wall from my garden and I can park the pickup under there. The guy across the street from the tree has quit buggering about trying to get his car in and out of his driveway and just parks down the street so I think he finally got the message.

• Like 2

You can not find a quiet area in Pattaya or outside, TIT. I want to live in a quiet house , when I wake up in the morning I only want to hear birds singing Does such a place exist in Thailand ?

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I really sympathize with the OP.

Hard problem to deal with.

I had similar problems, with the addition of 1 dog in particular shitting in my garden.

The owners let their dogs out for 1 reason. To do their shit elsewhere.

My village has CCTV, and i insisted the manager deal with the shitting problem. I sat with the manager and reviewed nearly 24 hours of footage to prove which dog was the culprit.

The matter has now been taken care of.

But, overall, the constant barking has been a big problem. Thais do not seem to hear the barking.

Hard though to avoid living with Thai neighbors. This is Thailand.

• Like 1

You can not find a quiet area in Pattaya or outside, TIT. I want to live in a quiet house , when I wake up in the morning I only want to hear birds singing Does such a place exist in Thailand ?

Depends upon which type of birds

I had a Wat behind a house that I rented and the Roosters made sure I was up at dawn

Sell the house and move into a condo; no pets allowed. Plus you get on site maintenance engineers who can support you when required, unlike on housing estates. Rent condos in different areas to decide where suits you first and get an idea of condo life.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sell the house and move into a condo; no pets allowed. Plus you get on site maintenance engineers who can support you when required, unlike on housing estates. Rent condos in different areas to decide where suits you first and get an idea of condo life.

Some people just don't like condos. I would think it pretty much depends what condo block you live in that has maintenance engineers on call. Been a couple of horror stories of condo owners having to climb stairs to the 10th floor because the lift is out, but too each their own.

Some people just don't like condos. I would think it pretty much depends what condo block you live in that has maintenance engineers on call. Been a couple of horror stories of condo owners having to climb stairs to the 10th floor because the lift is out, but too each their own.

And condos can be a lot more noisy than your friendly village , I speak of experience. From the high floors of a condo you can hear everything going on outside, soi dogs barking, karaoke all night, construction workers building anoher condo in front of you etc.